COMPLETE[Biology]Elements of Botany by Asa Gray-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Larry,
I am on top of things today because I am on vacation. PL OK.
Very nice reading!
Thanks!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Larry,
Section 17 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Thank you!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Zinkies wrote: February 23rd, 2018, 3:43 am FYI I'm still with this! This is apparently how I do librivox: get nearly finished with a chapter our two and then have a MAJOR LIFE EVENT! How can I have so many of those and still be sane? I'm not sure I can 🤪. I have some time that looks open on Sunday, might be able to finish final edits.

Just checking in, hi y'all! Great work!
Cheers, y'all
Hi Mackenzie,
How are you doing? Please let us know if you will be able to finish Sections 9 and 10. We are closing in on the finish line.
Cheers,
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Mackenzie expects to get them in soon.
Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/botany_09_gray_128kb.mp3
Here's Section 9 coming in at, uh, 30:35, I believe.

I'll hopefully get to review and check in on section 10 tomorrow, so sorry about all this, I really thought I'd submitted these in February shortly after the last time I checked in, and just before I started my new(ish, now) job! :shock: I'm afraid I am a Librivox flake! I never meant to be, but it does seem to have happened that way with the last several I've taken part in! :|
This file was nearly ready, just had some pretty minor adjustments to make, with any luck, that's exactly where I left the other one off, too, and it'll be a quick thing tomorrow, and this one will be all set... *crosses fingers*

Cheers, y'all, and keep up the good work!
--**--**--
Zinkies!
MacKenzie Nikol Greenwood

Soil enthusiast, word nerd.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Zinkies wrote: May 8th, 2018, 7:21 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/botany_09_gray_128kb.mp3
Here's Section 9 coming in at, uh, 30:35, I believe.

I'll hopefully get to review and check in on section 10 tomorrow, so sorry about all this, I really thought I'd submitted these in February shortly after the last time I checked in, and just before I started my new(ish, now) job! :shock: I'm afraid I am a Librivox flake! I never meant to be, but it does seem to have happened that way with the last several I've taken part in! :|
This file was nearly ready, just had some pretty minor adjustments to make, with any luck, that's exactly where I left the other one off, too, and it'll be a quick thing tomorrow, and this one will be all set... *crosses fingers*

Cheers, y'all, and keep up the good work!
Nicely read as always!
I just need to trim almost two minutes of silence at the end. All we need is 5 seconds. :wink:
Looking forward to 10.

Don't worry about being a flake! Seriously, this stuff happens to most of us, and we just take it in stride. We're just delighted to have you here!
~ Larry
Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

silverquill wrote: May 8th, 2018, 10:20 pm
Nicely read as always!
I just need to trim almost two minutes of silence at the end. All we need is 5 seconds. :wink:
Looking forward to 10.
Oops!
Here's that again, now coming in at only 28:50

And also, Section 10, at 24:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/botany_10_gray_128kb.mp3
--**--**--
Zinkies!

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Yay! Thank you, Mackenzie! :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Zinkies wrote: May 9th, 2018, 7:43 am
Oops!
Here's that again, now coming in at only 28:50

And also, Section 10, at 24:22
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/botany_10_gray_128kb.mp3
[/quote]

Section 9 seems to be the original file with the long ending silence.
Section 10 -- opening silence is two long at about 8 seconds. It should be no more than 1 sec.
Outro: too long between the end of the recording and the outro. There is no specified limit, but 1-2 seconds so that the listener doesn't miss it. It should sound natural. The "End of Section 10" is repeated, and then there is more than the 5 seconds at the end. So just some trimming to do on these two sections and we are done!! Thank you again for your excellent reading of these pieces. :D
~ Larry
Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

Lol - oops. :shock: :lol:
Sorry! I was rushing out the door posting that. I'll fix it..!
--**--**--
Zinkies!

Zinkies

Post by Zinkies »

--**--**--
Zinkies!

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thanks, Mackenzie!! :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Larry, I gave them a spot PL.
All good now, Mackenzie. :thumbs:

Cataloging has commenced. :D
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-elements-of-botany-by-asa-gray/

Congratulations, Everyone! :clap: :clap: