[COMPLETE] Micrographia by Robert Hooke - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
christopherhoving
Posts: 13
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 7:02 am

Post by christopherhoving » March 5th, 2019, 5:47 pm

I took Latin in high school. I won't get them exactly right, but hopefully it will be close enough. There are a couple words in there (e.g., "die?") that I will need to get a little internet help with, but it seems to be sentences rather than paragraphs.
Sausage puns are the wurst.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9150
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 6th, 2019, 5:23 am

Die in Latin is often pronounced these days as "Dee- ay". (Goodness knows how it was pronounced in Roman days.)

Thanks, Todd

shelleturner
Posts: 47
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Location: Washington State

Post by shelleturner » March 6th, 2019, 4:46 pm

I would like to claim Section 32 Observation XXVII.
Thanks!
shelle

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 6th, 2019, 5:09 pm

shelleturner wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:46 pm
I would like to claim Section 32 Observation XXVII.
Thanks!
shelle
It's all yours! Only Observation IX left now…
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

shelleturner
Posts: 47
Joined: January 25th, 2019, 10:57 pm
Location: Washington State

Post by shelleturner » March 6th, 2019, 10:42 pm

JorWat wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 5:09 pm
shelleturner wrote:
March 6th, 2019, 4:46 pm
I would like to claim Section 32 Observation XXVII.
Thanks!
shelle
It's all yours! Only Observation IX left now…
Great. Can't wait to learn all about oats under the microscope. shelle

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 7th, 2019, 2:10 pm

realisticspeakers wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:34 am
Well *that* was painful.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_15_hooke_128kb.mp3

[50:02]
Here are your notes:

0:00: Your opening silence is too long. It's supposed to be "no more than 0.5 to 1 second", and yours is about 2.7 seconds.
4:37: "Schem. 6, Fig. 7" is a side-note, and should be removed.
13:48: This gap is a bit too long, and should be cut down.
26:18: "Schem. 6, Fig. 10" is a side-note, and should be removed.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » March 7th, 2019, 4:46 pm

JorWat wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 2:10 pm
realisticspeakers wrote:
March 5th, 2019, 10:34 am
Well *that* was painful.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_15_hooke_128kb.mp3

[50:02]
Here are your notes:

0:00: Your opening silence is too long. It's supposed to be "no more than 0.5 to 1 second", and yours is about 2.7 seconds.
4:37: "Schem. 6, Fig. 7" is a side-note, and should be removed.
13:48: This gap is a bit too long, and should be cut down.
26:18: "Schem. 6, Fig. 10" is a side-note, and should be removed.

All three fixed. Thank you. Also got rid of the harsh treble.
[49:53]
26:18 correction at 26:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_15_hooke_128kb.mp3
"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 9th, 2019, 7:57 am

realisticspeakers wrote:
March 7th, 2019, 4:46 pm
All three fixed. Thank you. Also got rid of the harsh treble.
[49:53]
26:18 correction at 26:08

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_15_hooke_128kb.mp3
PL OK!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

JimCooper
Posts: 9
Joined: January 22nd, 2019, 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by JimCooper » March 12th, 2019, 1:18 pm

Hi - -

Section 11 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_11_hooke_128kb.mp3

Time: 41:35

Thanx!

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 13th, 2019, 9:41 am

JimCooper wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 1:18 pm
Hi - -

Section 11 has been uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/micrographia_11_hooke_128kb.mp3

Time: 41:35

Thanx!
Thanks Jim, I just have one note:

36:00, 36:22: If you look at the Scheme mentioned, there is an actual 'Fig. &'. It's not a typo.Image
I would read these as 'Figure ampersand'.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

lubee930
Posts: 4596
Joined: March 4th, 2012, 1:06 pm
Location: Denver, CO, USA

Post by lubee930 » March 13th, 2019, 3:46 pm

May I please claim Section 13 - Observ. IX. (part 1)--?

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Lucretia

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 13th, 2019, 3:50 pm

lubee930 wrote:
March 13th, 2019, 3:46 pm
May I please claim Section 13 - Observ. IX. (part 1)--?

Thank you.
It's all yours.

One section left!
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

realisticspeakers
Posts: 1045
Joined: December 6th, 2010, 5:15 pm

Post by realisticspeakers » March 14th, 2019, 3:25 pm

"Kind reader,
if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."

JorWat
Posts: 1246
Joined: February 16th, 2009, 10:20 am
Location: Oxfordshire, England

Post by JorWat » March 16th, 2019, 5:55 am

Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.

christopherhoving
Posts: 13
Joined: February 18th, 2019, 7:02 am

Post by christopherhoving » March 17th, 2019, 8:52 am

Sausage puns are the wurst.

Post Reply