Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Kate! I'll PL soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Another edge-of-your-seat rendition of a spooky story! Well done! Section 8 PL ok. :thumbs:
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

I would like to claim sections 4 and 7, please.
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Hi Devorah

May I take you up on the offer to grab a few more stories?
If so, I'd like sections 1,2 and 3 please.

Many thanks
Jim

mightyfelix wrote: January 17th, 2018, 4:14 pm
Perfect! Thank you so much! Now it's quite clear what's going on. :)

Still a few more very good stories, up for grabs, if you're interested. :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Kate! I have those assigned to you.

Thanks, Jim! I'll go ahead and assign you section 1, but sections 2 and 3 have been held for Savannah, a new reader. (See the notes field in the MW.) Perhaps I should have actually assigned her those sections, to forestall confusion down the road. :hmm: Anyway, she did get her one-minute test approved about two weeks ago, but I haven't heard from her since then. I've just sent her a PM, and if I don't hear from her by Monday or so, you may have 2 and 3 as well.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Actually, I did just hear from her, and she's still in! I have you in for section 1, though, Jim!
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

No problem! Section 1 ready to go and will submit soonest!

mightyfelix wrote: January 25th, 2018, 11:16 am Actually, I did just hear from her, and she's still in! I have you in for section 1, though, Jim!
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! These are in the MW. I'll try to PL both of them tomorrow.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

queenk8 wrote: January 27th, 2018, 7:39 pm Section 4 is ready for PL
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/countessoflowndessquare_04_benson_128kb.mp3
Time is 24:37
Another entertaining story! No errors, and PL ok!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jimsvox4 wrote: January 27th, 2018, 12:08 pm Section 1 passed by the Checker - running time 38:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/countessoflowndessquare_01_benson_128kb.mp3
Hahaha! That was the funniest happily ever after story I've heard in a very long time! :lol: Thanks for doing such a great job on it. PL ok!
jimsvox4

Post by jimsvox4 »

Yes! What a great tale - and an enormous pleasure to read it! I'm glad you liked it.
Here's a strange coincidence : I've only recently become aware that I live just a few miles from where E F Benson lived later in his life, and where he wrote and set some of his stories, particularly the Mapp and Lucia series : Rye, East Sussex. I look forward to attending the events and Rye Walks organised by the E F Benson Society - when the weather becomes more clement - what fun that'll be! :-)

mightyfelix wrote: January 28th, 2018, 9:03 pm
jimsvox4 wrote: January 27th, 2018, 12:08 pm Section 1 passed by the Checker - running time 38:20

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/countessoflowndessquare_01_benson_128kb.mp3
Hahaha! That was the funniest happily ever after story I've heard in a very long time! :lol: Thanks for doing such a great job on it. PL ok!
Michelemc

Post by Michelemc »

Hi there. I haven't been on Librivox for a while so Section 5 seems like a good way to reacquaint myself with this wonderful site. Can you please assign it to me.

Thanks,
Michele
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Michelemc wrote: January 29th, 2018, 3:07 am Hi there. I haven't been on Librivox for a while so Section 5 seems like a good way to reacquaint myself with this wonderful site. Can you please assign it to me.

Thanks,
Michele
Certainly! Let me know if you run into any problems or need help getting reacquainted. (You may have noticed that the forum has a new design now. Several of us are still learning where to find things on the new layout.) All the stories in this book so far have been great fun, so I'm sure you'll enjoy this one!