[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nuria wrote: February 3rd, 2018, 5:49 am Here is section 118:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_118_tappan_128kb.mp3 7:21
yay, another section in :9: thank you so much Nuria, will try to PL very soon.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nuria wrote:Here is section 118:
all right, here we go. This section was so very interesting. I love reading about school systems. Wouldn't have wanted to be in this school though, that's for sure :lol: I enjoyed your fluent reading style very much, beautifully narrated. Thank you.

I found a few small mistakes though, which would need to be corrected still:

> at 0:27: (p. 443) could you please include the title of the author as well ? "secretary of the legation at Yedo". Sorry I did not put it all in the MW but I thought that's too long to write. :oops:

> at 3:28 - 3:35: (p. 444) stumble and repeat "and delivered prizes to the most diligent and successful" - one of those versions can be cut out

> at 3:45: (p. 445) "the course comprised three years" - you said "compromised" which is definitely a change in meaning :mrgreen:

> at 4:53: (p. 445) "by which an unarmed man" - here the sound is corrupted, I cannot understand the words, could you re-read that part once again please ?

Thank you !

Sonia
Nuria

Post by Nuria »

Here is the corrected section 118:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_118_tappan_128kb.mp3 7:21

I wouldn't like to be in that school system either, it seems half of what they learn is fighting.
A course that compromises three years doesn't really make sense :lol: that happens when I read unknown words not carefully enough :oops:

Section 91 will also be finished soon, I just need to edit it a bit more.
PaisleyMac

Post by PaisleyMac »

I would love to read any parts of these. I was raised iver there anf hae three daughters of China! Thanks :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Nuria wrote: February 4th, 2018, 2:08 pm A course that compromises three years doesn't really make sense :lol:
:lol: that's what I thought too, it's a bit counter-productive.

Thank you for the corrections, it's perfectly edited :thumbs: PL ok now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PaisleyMac wrote: February 4th, 2018, 7:53 pm I would love to read any parts of these. I was raised iver there anf hae three daughters of China! Thanks :clap:
Hello PaislyMac :) welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in this project. Unfortunately at the moment all the sections have been claimed already. That is why it's already in the "Readers Found" subforum.

If you want to find OPEN sections, you need to look in our 4 "Readers Wanted" subforums, which are:

1) Short Works, if you like poetry or short stories: viewforum.php?f=19
2) Books, if you like to read a longer chapter: viewforum.php?f=2
3) Dramatic Works, if you like acting out a bit: viewforum.php?f=27
4) Languages other than English, if you like to read works in other languages: viewforum.php?f=60

In each project, you see a Magic Window in the very first post, and there in the last column you can read whether a section is already claimed or still OPEN. The open sections are up for grabs. :)

It may happen that sections are opened up again after a certain time because the readers don't have enough time to record the section. If this happens here, if you are still interested, you can check back and claim the sections then. If you bookmark the thread, you will get notified by any posts that are written.

In the meantime, it would be good if you could start with a One-Minute-Test to check that your technical details are all up to LibriVox standard. All the details should be written in your welcome mail. Once you uploaded the test, you can create a new thread in the Listeners Wanted subforum, and someone will give you feedback: viewforum.php?f=21

Good luck and if you still have questions, don't hesitate to ask. And maybe I'll see you around soon enough.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Last edited by neecheelok70 on February 7th, 2018, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent section, Jim :clap: flawless from first to last word and PL ok. This Hongi was quite a fellow. I had to shake my head sadly when he went back again with weapons to wage war. People are the same everywhere. :?

In fact the story was more about the warrior than about the missionary :lol:

This was a long section and "only" 9 pages. I wonder how long you will have to record for the last section, which is 21 pages, over the double of this one. Good luck and thank you so much for taking this one.

Soniaa
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia. I have gotten used to the longer sections, especially with my Plato project--some seventy-minute files there. I'll be good. Besides, I am enjoying these historical views. Yours, Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: February 6th, 2018, 5:27 am I have gotten used to the longer sections, especially with my Plato project--some seventy-minute files there.
:shock: I would never start such a solo for myself
I'll be good. Besides, I am enjoying these historical views.
did I already mention I'm so glad I have you ? :9:

I'm happy you like the chapters. I do too, and it's so cool we're only at the beginning of the series !!! More books to come.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Mutual feelings. I remember fondly all our adventures with Disraeli and other linguistic adventures where you were of vital help. And now we embark on another adventure! Thanks.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: February 6th, 2018, 4:11 pm I remember fondly all our adventures with Disraeli and other linguistic adventures where you were of vital help.
me too :9: and here I thought I was bothering everybody with my endless comments on French or Latin :lol:

The Disraeli project was really interesting. I would have liked to PL the 3rd part as well, but back then I had way too much PL work already and I needed to cut it down a bit. :(

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Now you have taken on a veritable elephant of an assignment. But many have responded, so it looks good for the future. I will try to get to the rest of mine done soon, maybe this weekend, though we do have some family obligations. Have a good one. Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: February 7th, 2018, 5:19 am Now you have taken on a veritable elephant of an assignment. But many have responded, so it looks good for the future.
:9: yes and I'll take one at a time, so it's not that daunting a project. Especially because the stories are so interesting.
I will try to get to the rest of mine done soon, maybe this weekend, though we do have some family obligations.
there's no rush yet, we still have time :) Enjoy your time with the family.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »