LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote:I'd like to visit the head-hunters of Borneo :mrgreen:
what an extravagant wish :?

thanks Sandra, I'll sign you up :)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

This looks very cool! :D I'm not a big expert on these parts of the world, so it'd be fun to learn more about them. Maybe you can slot me into a couple sections, Sonia, based on what you think would suit me? Nothing too long. :P

I'd also like to do the two plays. Just give me any male role in those, too.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:This looks very cool! :D I'm not a big expert on these parts of the world, so it'd be fun to learn more about them. Maybe you can slot me into a couple sections, Sonia, based on what you think would suit me? Nothing too long. :P

I'd also like to do the two plays. Just give me any male role in those, too.
wow you are easy going ! Ok, I'll ponder the task a bit and will slot you up in a few sections. Two short sections and two roles then ?

thanks Tomas. Will let you know soon.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:wow you are easy going ! Ok, I'll ponder the task a bit and will slot you up in a few sections. Two short sections and two roles then ?
Or four short sections and two roles. :P Some poetry, maybe one piece of short prose---I'm fine with what you'll give me!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Or four short sections and two roles. :P Some poetry, maybe one piece of short prose---I'm fine with what you'll give me!
ok I have the roles already: the three parishioners are equally funny/silly, so I'll sign you up for the first. And in the other play, you'll be he wise president of the council :mrgreen:

looking for small 4 sections then...a bit of different topics maybe, to make it interesting

stay tuned

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Or four short sections and two roles. :P Some poetry, maybe one piece of short prose---I'm fine with what you'll give me!
unfortunately there are not that many poems. But I found two unclaimed ones still. How about these four ?

34 The dirge of Jenghiz Khan, by Unknown --> poem
40 The King's Messenger, by Chuang Tzu --> poem
48 Was he the only cheat?, by Unknown --> fable
131 Hot-water basins, New Zealand --> picture explanation (and to get you out of China for once :lol: )

:) I'll sign you up, and if you don't like them I can unsign you just as fast, so no worries

thanks, and I hope you have fun

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

These sound great! Thank you, Sonia! :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adonis wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume01_050_tappan.mp3
Length: 14:53
Sincerely,
Tony Addison.
So, Tony, before I go to bed, I treated myself to the first story I'd hear from this collection and I must thank you for this great story-telling :9: I absolutely adored the way you were narrating this. At places it was a bit gruesome, and when Ko Ngai gets absorbed by the lava, your tone of voice is quite fitting there too, and gave me goosebumps. :shock:

And of course kudos for getting your tongue around the many Chinese names :thumbs:

Lovely beginning ! Thanks again

PL ok of course. You have the honour of the first section finished. :)

Sonia
bluechien

Post by bluechien »

Kitty wrote: Oops, Eva, I just read the play more in detail, and I notice that the Lady and the Princess must be one and the same. Is it ok for you to play the entire role ?
perfect -- yes, please! :thumbs:
Eva D
If we do meet again, why, we shall smile;
If not, why then, this parting was well made.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bluechien wrote:
Kitty wrote: Oops, Eva, I just read the play more in detail, and I notice that the Lady and the Princess must be one and the same. Is it ok for you to play the entire role ?
perfect -- yes, please! :thumbs:
great ! You're in. :D

Sonia
BettyB

Post by BettyB »

May I claim 132 and 133.
bettyB
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BettyB wrote:May I claim 132 and 133.
bettyB
Hi Betty, thanks for joining the fun :D I was just about to go to bed, but I'll sign you up right away.

Sonia
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hey Sonia!

May I claim section 89 also?

It turns out the poem I am reading in section 90 about the fisher-boy, Urashima, is about the fairy tale of the same name told in section 89 and it would be nice to read these back-to-back!

Thanks!

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

NemoR wrote:May I claim section 89 also?
It turns out the poem I am reading in section 90 about the fisher-boy, Urashima, is about the fairy tale of the same name told in section 89 and it would be nice to read these back-to-back!
all right, if you wish, sections 89 is yours as well. Thanks, Nemo :)

Oh I forgot to mention something for the drama plays. Could you guys please say your voice credits the following way (only your coloured bit), so I can paste them into my intro which would look like this:

[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Emperor, [xxx] as the Attendant, Eva Davis as the Lady, Princess, [xxx] as the Envoy and Tomas Peter as the President of the Council.

and

[Intro disclaimer], read for Librivox.org by Sonia as the Narrator, Nemo as the Rector, Eva Davis as the Curate, Tomas Peter as the First Parishioner, [xxx] as the Second Parishioner and [xxx] as the Third Parishioner.

So it would be cool if you could intonate your bit in the way you would have said it if you had read the entire sentence. There's a different cadence in the middle roles than in the end line, you know, that sort of thing. It sounds better when I paste it together later on.

And with that I think it is time to move over to Readers Wanted. I'll put this one in Short Works, because the sections are often quite short and will probably fit better in there.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sonia, I will need access to MW, right? I was going to listen to your first entry this morning, but, alas, was foiled.