[COMPLETE]World's Story 1: China, Japan, Islands of the Pacific - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: :hmm: I hope you save "every" file you are recording :shock: I always keep my files neatly organized in folders for each project, until that project is finished and archived. We had a big crash last year and there it came quite in handy to keep the files stored on your computer, because those who didn't had to re-record some sections.

You can do as you like of course, but I prefer to be on the safe side :mrgreen:
Yes, I do. I usually have different versions of the same recording.
For example: R_worldstory_volume01_121_tappan_128kb. R stands for a raw recording. D stands for a draft. FD stands for a final draft.
Kitty wrote: :thumbs: definitely will come in handy some day in the stage plays. Your repertoire and possibility for roles is multiplying with each improvement you do. Excellent attitude.

Sonia

Here's the corrected section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3

Time is 1:46
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote:Yes, I do. I usually have different versions of the same recording.
For example: R_worldstory_volume01_121_tappan_128kb. R stands for a raw recording. D stands for a draft. FD stands for a final draft.
oh wow, then you are even more organized than me 8-)
great thanks, now it's totally PL ok.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote: oh wow, then you are even more organized than me 8-)
I started doing that when I recorded long sections, The Two Brothers and Beauty and Beast. After that, it became a habit. 8-)
great thanks, now it's totally PL ok.

Sonia
AWESOME! :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

THANK YOU !!! that means I can start assembling. I already recorded my narrator parts as well, and was only waiting for you guys. :9:

I'll be back with PLing soon !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wonderful play-acting, Tomas :clap: the president is just as I pictured him, so serene and entreating, compared to the more sentimental emperor. I just noticed you basically had to say the same thing three times with a bit of a variation LOL

And the first parishioner is hilariously jovial. :lol: I love it that you, Todd and Sarah all play your parts a bit differently, I mean the sort of character you give them. It makes great for a change in entertainment with each scene. :thumbs:

Both parts: PL ok.

And here is already The Sorrows of Han assembled:

Recording time: 8:37 min.

In my humble opinion, it sounds extremely well. Everybody is perfectly in character. Thanks, guys, for lending your talents.

Jim, you can go ahead and PL this section. Just one reminder, I don't know whether you are checking with or without the text normally, but could you please check with the text for the stage plays ? You need to check whether I placed every part in the correct places when I assembled them and that I didn't miss any.

Thank you

Sonia

PS Ribs and skin is up next for assembling, but maybe I won't finish tonight. It's a much longer text I suspect, and it's near midnight already. Patience.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah you've been on a roll !

Excellent renderings. At the beginning of the dirge I thought you would break out in song. It was a sort of song-like quality throughout the poem, which of course is perfect for the dirge. :thumbs: PL ok

I extremely loved the poem of the messenger, I must say. Had a sort of light-hearted vibe. Well done.

Only one note with this section:

> at 0:12: could you please also add the rest of the "subtitle": fourth century B.C. Just so the audience know the historic context. Thanks :)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:at 0:12: could you please also add the rest of the "subtitle": fourth century B.C. Just so the audience know the historic context. Thanks :)
Subtitle uploaded, with a new time of 1:17: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3

(I'm on the ball today, hehe) 8-)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Subtitle uploaded, with a new time of 1:17: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worl ... _128kb.mp3

(I'm on the ball today, hehe) 8-)
you are indeed :thumbs: PL ok.

And this will be rewarded with the special distinction of having achieved the section that reaches our 50% done mark !!!!
70 sections completed, 70 more to go. And this in a bit over one month. Not bad ! I hoped, but I never dreamed this project would find such a great success. :9:

Thank you all.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

The Sorrows of Han is PL OK. All is well! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Jim, great ! :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is Ribs and Skin, assembled, and kudos to all of you. Each of the parishioners sound great in their respective scene and Eva and Nemo are proving a great comedic double act here. This is even better than The Sorrows of Han :9: and if I may say so myself, I'm pretty proud of my merging skills for the beating and fighting scene. :mrgreen: It sounds quite authentic. I would love to see Eva and Nemo get at it on stage :lol:

Recording time: 16:56 min.

Jim...over to you :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Excellent work from everybody. And, Sonia, you have a right to be proud of your work of assembling, especially those portions of the two combatants--rector and curate--at the end. Definitely and wonderfully PL OK! :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Jim, that was prompt feedback :9:

Sonia