[Complete] Atlantic Classics by Various - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
pschempf
Posts: 1144
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » March 10th, 2018, 8:22 pm

Lynne-

May I have section 2?
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

HZFerr
Posts: 2763
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » March 10th, 2018, 8:34 pm

sect 10 Studies in Solitude By Fannie Stearns Gifford
PL Notes:

1-There is some background noise, to watch in the future. (Moving around?)
2-14:02, 14:05, 15:21 Please check these times for background noise. Would you try noise reduction here?
For my curiosity, do you know what the sound is? :D Sounds like a bird I once had.
3-You read beautifully. :clap:
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14120
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 10th, 2018, 9:14 pm

pschempf wrote:
March 10th, 2018, 8:22 pm
Lynne-

May I have section 2?
Thanks for claiming
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 7 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

rrobinson84
Posts: 74
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Post by rrobinson84 » March 14th, 2018, 7:26 pm

Well, I am neither a Norwegian nor do I know the language, but I did work for a guy who identified with THOR, so I'd be happy to give Section 17, The Baptizing of the Baby, a fair shot!

I shall channel my best Norsemen accent if need be!

;^)
Robert Robinson

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14120
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 14th, 2018, 9:33 pm

rrobinson84 wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 7:26 pm
Well, I am neither a Norwegian nor do I know the language, but I did work for a guy who identified with THOR, so I'd be happy to give Section 17, The Baptizing of the Baby, a fair shot!

I shall channel my best Norsemen accent if need be!

;^)
Thank you.
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 7 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

rrobinson84
Posts: 74
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Post by rrobinson84 » March 17th, 2018, 2:05 pm

Lynet,

So it came to my attention, about 82% into the reading of this story(!), that it is told from the point of view of a female.

Is that a problem??? I'd be happy to let you assign it to a female voice if you'd like. Someone who might do credit to the embedded nursery rhyme song within, as well, as I'm not so sure my rendition will translate well!

Let me know. I have it tracked and can edit it down to submit if desired, but I wanted to call attention to this as it is an obvious point clearly mentioned in the story (near the very end, of course, or I would have caught it sooner!).

Robert
Robert Robinson

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14120
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 17th, 2018, 9:23 pm

rrobinson84 wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Lynet,

So it came to my attention, about 82% into the reading of this story(!), that it is told from the point of view of a female.

Is that a problem??? I'd be happy to let you assign it to a female voice if you'd like. Someone who might do credit to the embedded nursery rhyme song within, as well, as I'm not so sure my rendition will translate well!

Let me know. I have it tracked and can edit it down to submit if desired, but I wanted to call attention to this as it is an obvious point clearly mentioned in the story (near the very end, of course, or I would have caught it sooner!).

Robert
If you're comfortable with it, it's not a problem.
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 7 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

rrobinson84
Posts: 74
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Post by rrobinson84 » March 18th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Section 17 (final section, I remembered to say the "end" message!), The Baptizing of the Baby, is uploaded and ready for PL:

Duration: 19:59
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/atlanticclassics_17_various_128kb.mp3
Robert Robinson

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14120
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 18th, 2018, 5:36 pm

rrobinson84 wrote:
March 18th, 2018, 3:53 pm
Section 17 (final section, I remembered to say the "end" message!), The Baptizing of the Baby, is uploaded and ready for PL:

Duration: 19:59
Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/atlanticclassics_17_various_128kb.mp3
Thank you
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 7 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 2763
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » March 18th, 2018, 6:05 pm

sect 17 The Baptizing of the Baby By Elizabeth Taylor (1856-1932)
PL OK

Excellent voice variations! :clap:
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

pschempf
Posts: 1144
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » March 19th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14120
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » March 19th, 2018, 8:06 pm

pschempf wrote:
March 19th, 2018, 6:45 pm
Lynne-

Here's section 2 -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/atlanticclassics_02_various_128kb.mp3
Track length: 40:28
Thank you
Help us finish:

Celebrated Women Travellers of the Nineteenth Century 7 sections remaining
Legends and Myths of Hawaii 6 sections remaining

HZFerr
Posts: 2763
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » March 21st, 2018, 3:31 pm

sect 4 Every Man's Natural Desire to be Somebody Else By Samuel McChord Crothers (1857-1927)
PL OK :thumbs:
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

HZFerr
Posts: 2763
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » March 21st, 2018, 3:32 pm

sect 4 Every Man's Natural Desire to be Somebody Else By Samuel McChord Crothers (1857-1927)
PL OK :thumbs:
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

HZFerr
Posts: 2763
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm

Post by HZFerr » March 21st, 2018, 3:37 pm

sect 7 The Life of Adventure By Edgar J. Goodspeed
:help:

Checker:
atlanticclassics_07_various_128kb.mp3 Failed

The bit rate should be 128 kbps.
Helen

"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Post Reply