COMPLETE SOLO Malcolm, by George MacDonald-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 7th, 2020, 10:04 am Actually, today is my first day back at work. It wasn't too bad. I think I spent the extra time well, for the most part. :)
:thumbs:
aniroo :wink:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

47 is uploading now.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 48 is about to join it! :clap: So happy to have found recording time today! :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 24th, 2020, 9:37 pm And 48 is about to join it! :clap: So happy to have found recording time today! :D

Section 47 PLOK :D :clap: :clap:

Section 48 PL NOtes:

at 13:00 + there is a repeat of "It's nane the waur at it's grin oonsought" pg. 307

again at around 13:30 there is a repeat of the phrase " God forgive you my lord. "

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

:lol: You're too kind! Not just one repeat of that first one, but you have to listen to all five or six of my failed takes! A glimpse into my life as an attempted Scottish-speaker!

Fixed now. The second fix is now moved up to about 13:20
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 25th, 2020, 12:10 pm :lol: You're too kind! Not just one repeat of that first one, but you have to listen to all five or six of my failed takes! A glimpse into my life as an attempted Scottish-speaker!

Fixed now. The second fix is now moved up to about 13:20
Section 48 Perfect!! :D :D

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

49 is in the MW.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: July 25th, 2020, 9:31 pm 49 is in the MW.
Section 49 PLOK :D :clap: :clap:

aniroo
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, and I forgot. In case you're interested, I was going to share this fun little video with you. Only about 5 minutes. I found it while trying to find out how to pronounce "Soutars of Cromarty," as MacDonald spells it. Some interesting modern views of the area where this story takes place.

https://youtu.be/_4IsWikDLpQ
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 50 is ready. A short, but pivotal chapter!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

mightyfelix wrote: August 5th, 2020, 7:26 pm Chapter 50 is ready. A short, but pivotal chapter!
Section 50 PL OK :clap: :thumbs:

Malcom :?: :?: :roll:

aniroo
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Devorah,
I got a note from aniroo that she needs to step aside as DPL. I've added the tilde and removed her from the MW.
We can advertise for a DPL if you would like, or wait to see if someone spots the tilde before you post your next section ...
MaryAnn
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Aww, that's too bad. She has been great to work with. Well, I will advertise sooner or later. I've been moving so much slower than I at first expected to, I don't see any harm in posting a few more sections before looking around.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Hi Ladies, I'm excited to help out as DPL since Devorah let me know about this need in our conversations over another MacDonald project.
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yay! Thank you Hannah! I'm actually hoping to have the next chapter ready some time this evening. :D

I don't know if you're familiar with this story or not, but if you'd like to, you can listen to the earlier recordings and/or skim through the text to get up to speed on where we are in the tale. There's rather a lot of catching up to do at this point, and of course it isn't necessary to the role of DPL, so only if you want to. :)