Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 51 is Ready for PL!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 52! :D
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 16th, 2020, 12:45 pm Yay! Thank you Hannah! I'm actually hoping to have the next chapter ready some time this evening. :D

I don't know if you're familiar with this story or not, but if you'd like to, you can listen to the earlier recordings and/or skim through the text to get up to speed on where we are in the tale. There's rather a lot of catching up to do at this point, and of course it isn't necessary to the role of DPL, so only if you want to. :)
Exciting to see work for me already! You've maybe noticed it can take me a couple days to get new chapters PL'd, but I look forward to this.

I have only read the abridged Phillips edition of this book long ago, so it will be almost all new (though the sequel is in my top two MacDonald favorites, so a few characters will be familiar.) I'll probably listen from the beginning over time to catch up, as I'd want to hear the entirety some time anyway!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem at all. As I said, I haven't been moving very quickly, so you have plenty of time.

And I peeked ahead at the next two chapters, and they're both mostly dialogue, in mostly Scottish. :roll: Gotta work up my courage to tackle them!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 16th, 2020, 8:07 pm No problem at all. As I said, I haven't been moving very quickly, so you have plenty of time.

And I peeked ahead at the next two chapters, and they're both mostly dialogue, in mostly Scottish. :roll: Gotta work up my courage to tackle them!
Chapters 51 and 52 are PL OK! But it seems I do not yet have access to the MW to make updates.

And from listening, I wouldn't have guessed the broad Scotch bothered you a mite! To my ears, it rolls off your tongue with such ease and clarity. Whereas I have so many repeats to still end up dissatisfied with my little chapters over in "The Scotch Twins." :D
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: August 17th, 2020, 1:54 pm
mightyfelix wrote: August 16th, 2020, 8:07 pm No problem at all. As I said, I haven't been moving very quickly, so you have plenty of time.

Chapters 51 and 52 are PL OK! But it seems I do not yet have access to the MW to make updates.

And from listening, I wouldn't have guessed the broad Scotch bothered you a mite! To my ears, it rolls off your tongue with such ease and clarity. Whereas I have so many repeats to still end up dissatisfied with my little chapters over in "The Scotch Twins." :D
Looks like MaryAnn hasn't had a chance to give you access. I put you in just now, so you should be good now.

Eventually, I usually get it to come out alright. :lol: But I do have to delete a LOT of retakes, so it takes much longer than a section without takes me. :roll:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 17th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Looks like MaryAnn hasn't had a chance to give you access. I put you in just now, so you should be good now.

Eventually, I usually get it to come out alright. :lol: But I do have to delete a LOT of retakes, so it takes much longer than a section without takes me. :roll:
Thanks, it works for me now!

Well, I got so into the story (and the lovely reading!), most of which is new to me again, that I've caught up from the beginning in these days with plenty of jobs around home where I could listen at the same time. :D But that's not to make you feel rushed for more!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I am re-uploading Chapter 52. Bow-o'-meal is mentioned again in 53 and I couldn't remember if I had said bow to rhyme with now or toe, so I went back to listen. I had said it to rhyme with toe, but I decided I wanted to change it. So, yeah. That's the only change I made. It is at about 6:17.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And 53 is ready.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 21st, 2020, 10:39 pm And 53 is ready.
52 and 53 are PL OK. Poor Mr. Graham! Judged by my memory of the sequel, I can see the basics of what's coming up for him soon...
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

55 and 56 also ready. The plot thickens!

EDIT: Oh, umm... :oops: I just realized that I neglected to inform you that chapter 54 is ready for PL.... Well, it is! :lol:
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 28th, 2020, 9:52 pm 55 and 56 also ready. The plot thickens!

EDIT: Oh, umm... :oops: I just realized that I neglected to inform you that chapter 54 is ready for PL.... Well, it is! :lol:
Exciting! I'm waiting to see how Malcolm finds out his parentage... which process I've forgotten, though I remember the outcome, thanks to the sequel.
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I just read ahead through the next few chapters. I think we're almost there! :9: Things are about to get very exciting.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: August 29th, 2020, 9:00 am I just read ahead through the next few chapters. I think we're almost there! :9: Things are about to get very exciting.
Yay! And sections 54 through 56 are PL OK. You are 80% complete!!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Woohoo! Here comes chapter 57!

If I'm able to keep up my current pace, I should definitely be done by about mid-October.