[COMP] (Spanish) El Fantasma de Canterville y otros Wilde -kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Well In certain point I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries with "The Happy Prince", is such a sad but beautiful story. I uploaded the sainte courtisane" an incomplete work of wilde, strange and cryptic in a way, not his best but it's what i've got of him translated in spanish prior to 1923
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Well In certain point I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries with "The Happy Prince", is such a sad but beautiful story.
oh, you cried too ? At least one doesn't notice your voice breaking in the recording.
I uploaded the sainte courtisane" an incomplete work of wilde, strange and cryptic in a way, not his best but it's what i've got of him translated in spanish prior to 1923
Interesting play. So did I understand the ending correctly ? This woman has come as a sort of temptation to the hermit, to show him the sin and the shame ? :hmm: Your tone of voice was quite menacing in the final sentence, as if she changed in a way. Maybe like the devil ? It is cryptic, you are right. Never heard of it before.

Also PL ok

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded section 12 (a looong one)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: indeed, I didn't remember that the text was so long :hmm: I never liked the character of the infanta, I think she is too egoistical, so this is not one of my favourite stories. :evil:

But: everything read without errors :thumbs: So I can mark it PL ok.

Just one note...we have decided a few months ago that 5 seconds of silence at the end are enough, even for recordings over 30 minutes. The template is just not changed yet. No need to reupload this, but I only mention it, in case you did not know about this.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded the conclusion of el cumpleaños de la Infanta, yes is a creepy tale and the Infanta is a naughty hearthless girl. Wilde was rather misogine after all, but there are worst tales from those times :shock: :shock: :shock: . Anyway the translation is really good, I really appreciate when there is a great translation, the text is easy to read and everything flows like clear water. It seems that magazine (España moderna) was a great one and their translators were really good Thanks for the tip about the 10 or 5 secs after the long speeches :clap: . It will be easy to remember, all in 5!!! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

the part where the dwarf recognizes himself in the mirror is heart-breaking :cry: But still: not my favourite story.

Excellently narrated though, no errors (again): PL ok.

If you wish, you could actually put it all in one single file, because it's still inside our 70-minute-limit for one section. The two parts will be about 1 hour, which is fine for one section. So you don't need to speak the disclaimer twice for one story. But it doesn't really matter. :)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, the last before the last one!!!
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

et voilà!!!!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you've been prolific. Sorry for being so late but I wasn't online at all this weekend. I will try to PL in the next few days.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I made a start with 6 poemas. Strange, they are not really poems in the classical sense but more narrative fables. Interesting though, I didn't know those yet.

Only one error to correct:

> at 13:42: (p. 148) “y se fué por elo mundo á fin de hablarle de Dios” is repeated and can be cut out once

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

started with the final story. I already read this one, but I can't really remember all the details, so it's interesting to hear it once again. I looooved the animal voices that you were doing at the beginning !!! :thumbs: especially the wolf.

2 repetitions found again in Section 15:

> at 2:09: (p. 143) “os digo que todo esto es por culpa del gobierno y si no me creeis” – repeated, can be cut once

> at 11:00: (p. 147) “no cuida Dios de los pajarillos y no los alimenta” – repeated

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 16 is PL ok immediately. :clap: The boy is really very nasty with everybody. Now I remember a bit more what happened and I think I remember the ending.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, i Fixed the sections with repetitions. I hadn´t red the star boy. It has the structure of classic tale with tasks for a superation of the hero. Anyway i wasn´t my favourite of Wilde`s. But I'm happy to have recorded this tales. Each day i enjoy more and more the same tales i have red when i was a child (not anymore unluckily) Thanks for your words and work Sonia!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I feel exactly the same, Victor. Stories that I read as a child I sometime read again and again, there are some ever-favourites among there.

Good news: the final section was all PL ok !!

And just downloaded your two corrected sections and they are also PL ok.

Which means: this project is now COMPLETE. Congrats, another great classic open for all the Spanish community to listen to for free. :9: Well done.

And you know what this means ? This will be my very FIRST MC project that I need to upload to archive :help:

I already asked Todd, a more seasoned admin than me, to hold my hands and check whether I do it right, while I will do the job. We have an appointment to do that this coming Thursday, so the project will have to wait for one day. I hope you don't mind. But I don't want to mess up anything on my first project I was responsible for as MC.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Oh something else I should probably ask you. Is your introduction text ok or do you still want to change anything in that text in your first post ? I need to know so I can update that as well "behind the scenes".

Sonia