[COMP] (Spanish) El Fantasma de Canterville y otros Wilde -kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » November 27th, 2017, 3:53 pm

Well In certain point I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries with "The Happy Prince", is such a sad but beautiful story. I uploaded the sainte courtisane" an incomplete work of wilde, strange and cryptic in a way, not his best but it's what i've got of him translated in spanish prior to 1923
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 28th, 2017, 2:59 am

phileasfogg wrote:Well In certain point I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cries with "The Happy Prince", is such a sad but beautiful story.
oh, you cried too ? At least one doesn't notice your voice breaking in the recording.
I uploaded the sainte courtisane" an incomplete work of wilde, strange and cryptic in a way, not his best but it's what i've got of him translated in spanish prior to 1923
Interesting play. So did I understand the ending correctly ? This woman has come as a sort of temptation to the hermit, to show him the sin and the shame ? :hmm: Your tone of voice was quite menacing in the final sentence, as if she changed in a way. Maybe like the devil ? It is cryptic, you are right. Never heard of it before.

Also PL ok

Sonia

phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » November 28th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Uploaded section 12 (a looong one)
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 29th, 2017, 4:51 am

:shock: indeed, I didn't remember that the text was so long :hmm: I never liked the character of the infanta, I think she is too egoistical, so this is not one of my favourite stories. :evil:

But: everything read without errors :thumbs: So I can mark it PL ok.

Just one note...we have decided a few months ago that 5 seconds of silence at the end are enough, even for recordings over 30 minutes. The template is just not changed yet. No need to reupload this, but I only mention it, in case you did not know about this.

Sonia

phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » November 29th, 2017, 4:43 pm

Uploaded the conclusion of el cumpleaños de la Infanta, yes is a creepy tale and the Infanta is a naughty hearthless girl. Wilde was rather misogine after all, but there are worst tales from those times :shock: :shock: :shock: . Anyway the translation is really good, I really appreciate when there is a great translation, the text is easy to read and everything flows like clear water. It seems that magazine (España moderna) was a great one and their translators were really good Thanks for the tip about the 10 or 5 secs after the long speeches :clap: . It will be easy to remember, all in 5!!! :thumbs:
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » November 30th, 2017, 6:18 am

the part where the dwarf recognizes himself in the mirror is heart-breaking :cry: But still: not my favourite story.

Excellently narrated though, no errors (again): PL ok.

If you wish, you could actually put it all in one single file, because it's still inside our 70-minute-limit for one section. The two parts will be about 1 hour, which is fine for one section. So you don't need to speak the disclaimer twice for one story. But it doesn't really matter. :)

Sonia

phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » December 1st, 2017, 9:16 am

Ok, the last before the last one!!!
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » December 2nd, 2017, 11:49 am

et voilà!!!!!
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 4th, 2017, 5:47 am

wow you've been prolific. Sorry for being so late but I wasn't online at all this weekend. I will try to PL in the next few days.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 12:59 am

I made a start with 6 poemas. Strange, they are not really poems in the classical sense but more narrative fables. Interesting though, I didn't know those yet.

Only one error to correct:

> at 13:42: (p. 148) “y se fué por elo mundo á fin de hablarle de Dios” is repeated and can be cut out once

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 2:47 am

started with the final story. I already read this one, but I can't really remember all the details, so it's interesting to hear it once again. I looooved the animal voices that you were doing at the beginning !!! :thumbs: especially the wolf.

2 repetitions found again in Section 15:

> at 2:09: (p. 143) “os digo que todo esto es por culpa del gobierno y si no me creeis” – repeated, can be cut once

> at 11:00: (p. 147) “no cuida Dios de los pajarillos y no los alimenta” – repeated

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 3:09 am

Section 16 is PL ok immediately. :clap: The boy is really very nasty with everybody. Now I remember a bit more what happened and I think I remember the ending.

Sonia

phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg » December 5th, 2017, 4:01 am

Ok, i Fixed the sections with repetitions. I hadn´t red the star boy. It has the structure of classic tale with tasks for a superation of the hero. Anyway i wasn´t my favourite of Wilde`s. But I'm happy to have recorded this tales. Each day i enjoy more and more the same tales i have red when i was a child (not anymore unluckily) Thanks for your words and work Sonia!!
"To Infinity and Beyond"
Buzz Lightyear

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 4:26 am

I feel exactly the same, Victor. Stories that I read as a child I sometime read again and again, there are some ever-favourites among there.

Good news: the final section was all PL ok !!

And just downloaded your two corrected sections and they are also PL ok.

Which means: this project is now COMPLETE. Congrats, another great classic open for all the Spanish community to listen to for free. :9: Well done.

And you know what this means ? This will be my very FIRST MC project that I need to upload to archive :help:

I already asked Todd, a more seasoned admin than me, to hold my hands and check whether I do it right, while I will do the job. We have an appointment to do that this coming Thursday, so the project will have to wait for one day. I hope you don't mind. But I don't want to mess up anything on my first project I was responsible for as MC.

Sonia

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty » December 5th, 2017, 4:36 am

Oh something else I should probably ask you. Is your introduction text ok or do you still want to change anything in that text in your first post ? I need to know so I can update that as well "behind the scenes".

Sonia