[COMP] (Spanish) El Fantasma de Canterville y otros Wilde -kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Section 4 also only needs the intro/outro changed, the rest is flawless. :thumbs:

this is progressing nicely 8-)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

ok back in bussiness, all solved(I hope) and uploaded till chapter 6 :thumbs:
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I checked the intro/outro for the first 4 chapters again and they are all ok now.

Sections 1, 2 and 4 PL ok.

For section 3, you did not correct the stumble that I mentioned in my previous PL note:

> at 16:59: (p. 181) “donde le encontro” stumble and repeat, can be cut out once

Will try to listen to the next two chapters now. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 5 PL ok right away :thumbs: Now it's getting interesting when Virginia meets the ghost. I love the voice you are doing for the ghost. Kinda raspy, very cool.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and section 6 is also PL ok. I thought finding the skeleton was the final chapter of the story :hmm: now I can't remember what happens after this... well I'll find out soon, I guess.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hello Sonia, please check out chapter 3 whenever you can , It's fixed for me but sometimes It happened that I hear one version and the upload didnt renew for others . I added The selfish giant also.
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

snd a micro short story. Wilde was really a great writer. Next I'll record my favourite story ever, The happy Prince :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Hello Sonia, please check out chapter 3 whenever you can , It's fixed for me but sometimes It happened that I hear one version and the upload didnt renew for others .
you're right Victor, the part is deleted now, and Section 3 is PL ok.

Will check the others later on.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

The final chapter for Canterville Ghost is also PL ok. Excellent ending. And again: I loved the quiet voice of Lord Canterville so much, compared to the American Otis :lol: I hope you will use this voice again in another section. :9:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:I added The selfish giant also.
I knew this would happen....I always cry when I read this story and the same happened when I listened to it in Spanish now. The last half-page when he met the small child again and died is sooo bitter-sweet. :cry: I know I am too sentimental, but I can't help it.

Beautifully narrated again. And the voice of the giant was quite terrifying ;)

PL ok. Although I must note that the title in the magazine is only given as "El gigante", without "egoista". But maybe that's only an error on their part. :hmm:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I didn't know the "hombre que contaba historias" before. Seems this is a fable told by André Gide, who says he heard it from Oscar Wilde. Interesting, so it probably never was published in one of Wilde's books. Quite a good story and one can discuss a lot about this ending.

PL ok as well.

Will do the happy prince tomorrow. That's another tale where I know I will cry at the end. It's too late for these strong emotions today.

Sonia
ClaudiaSterngucker

Post by ClaudiaSterngucker »

Dear Phileasfogg,

Discúlpame for posting in your thread. Estoy tratando de aprender hablar español and I love your recordings! Muchas gracias! :9:

Saludos cordiales

Claudia
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Muchas Gracias Claudia! Ojalá te sirvan las grabaciones de LV para practicar el español, idioma que se que es muy dificil para aprender! Gracias por tomarte un tiempo para escribir. Have a nice day/ weekend/life!!! :thumbs:
ClaudiaSterngucker

Post by ClaudiaSterngucker »

Si, el español es un idioma muy dificil para aprender, pero lo es muy, muy hermoso y lleno de sentimiento, como suyo voz.

I wish you a very nice weekend and life, too! :thumbs: Here in Switzerland, it's snowing.
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Next I'll record my favourite story ever, The happy Prince :D
as expected, the tears were flowing, starting from the middle of the story. :cry: But you have narrated it beautifully and without errors, so PL ok.

You're progressing well here.

Sonia