Post by Penumbra »

Tom Penn
Rubygleber

Post by Rubygleber »

I would like to sign up for section 20: Chimæra Part 1. Name: Rubygleber
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello and welcome to librivox!

On Librivox, everyone who has completed something (or been assigned to a section) has a catalogue page. For an example of what I'm talking about, mine is here: https://librivox.org/reader/9835?primar ... et_results. Please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal web site/blog.

Also, before your first recording we ask that you send in a 1-minute test recording. This is NOT an audition, it's just to make sure the sound quality and the recording settings are all right - we wouldn't want someone to record a 30 minute section only to find that their tech specs were all wrong and they would have to record the whole thing over again :? . The link to the instructions is here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Please post your test in a new topic in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum.

Also you may want to Introduce yourself in the New Here introduce yourself forum.

After your test is OK'ed, you can come back here and record! :D
Thank you so much!
Rubygleber

Post by Rubygleber »

Section 20. First ever recording (so maybe some problems)

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/wonderbook_20_hawthorne_128kb.mp3
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hi Rubygleber, first please my previous post. :D

Secondly, you will need to read this post, viewtopic.php?p=6427#p6429. Thirdly please read this post viewtopic.php?p=6427#p6430 :thumbs: :D

After that, and after your 1-Minute Test is ok, then I will PL your section. :D

Thank you so much! :D
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Tom Penn
Sciguyvoice

Post by Sciguyvoice »

May I please be assigned sections 21 and 22?

Thanks,

Warren
chancebrowning

Post by chancebrowning »

Hello, I would like to read section 22 (After the story of the Chimaera). I think in the text it reads the bald summit after the story. This is my first read to I'd get a longer one, so it might take me a little time. I will get on it though. My name is fine as is Chance Browning. thanks
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hi there chancebrowning, sciguyvoice claimed section 22 first, so I will give them the section.This project is now fully subscribed, so you will have to go into another project if you want to claim a section. I am sorry that you didn't get the section but librivox is a claim-first-and-it's-your's type of thing. :oops:
chancebrowning

Post by chancebrowning »

ej400 wrote: January 5th, 2018, 9:42 pm Hi there chancebrowning, sciguyvoice claimed section 22 first, so I will give them the section.This project is now fully subscribed, so you will have to go into another project if you want to claim a section. I am sorry that you didn't get the section but librivox is a claim-first-and-it's-your's type of thing. :oops:
Hey no biggie ej400. This is a learning experience and fun thing.