COMPLETE [poetry] Fifty years & Other Poems by JW Johnson -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42461
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 1st, 2018, 10:36 am

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42461
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 17th, 2018, 12:14 am

we have orphans!
Carolin

Lmnei
Posts: 3647
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » January 17th, 2018, 6:38 am

Carolin - happy to record the poor orphans :)

Xnopyt
Posts: 4
Joined: January 17th, 2018, 6:39 am

Post by Xnopyt » January 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm

Carolin wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:14 am
we have orphans!
I recorded the orphan 33 - The Word of an Engineer.
This is my first recording, so criticism is welcome!
Thank you in advance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fiftyyears_33_johnson_128kb.mp3 (1:40)

Lmnei
Posts: 3647
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » January 17th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Xnopyt wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm
Carolin wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:14 am
we have orphans!
I recorded the orphan 33 - The Word of an Engineer.
This is my first recording, so criticism is welcome!
Thank you in advance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fiftyyears_33_johnson_128kb.mp3 (1:40)
Hi Xnopyt. When someone else speaks up for a recording, such as I did several hours before you did, then they are assigned to that person. You should not record Sections prior to being given permission to record them.

As this is your first recording have you already done the 1 minute recording and had it approved yet? We will let Carolin decide who gets to record the 2 Sections as I have already completed them and I am just finishing my proof reading of them myself.

Xnopyt
Posts: 4
Joined: January 17th, 2018, 6:39 am

Post by Xnopyt » January 17th, 2018, 1:07 pm

Lmnei wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:54 pm
Xnopyt wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm
Carolin wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:14 am
we have orphans!
I recorded the orphan 33 - The Word of an Engineer.
This is my first recording, so criticism is welcome!
Thank you in advance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fiftyyears_33_johnson_128kb.mp3 (1:40)
Hi Xnopyt. When someone else speaks up for a recording, such as I did several hours before you did, then they are assigned to that person. You should not record Sections prior to being given permission to record them.

As this is your first recording have you already done the 1 minute recording and had it approved yet? We will let Carolin decide who gets to record the 2 Sections as I have already completed them and I am just finishing my proof reading of them myself.
Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry. I'll be honest, I did not see your message. I'll be more careful with that in the future.

No, I haven't posted the 1-Minute Recording test to the forum yet; as soon as the account was assigned to me, I posted the recording I had done of the poem. Again, my mistake for rushing, and I won't do so again.
Also, I haven't "claimed" nor recorded the other orphaned Section.

Hopefully you (all) can forgive such newbie mistakes, and I'm again really sorry.

Lmnei
Posts: 3647
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » January 17th, 2018, 1:10 pm


Lmnei
Posts: 3647
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » January 17th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Xnopyt wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 1:07 pm
Lmnei wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:54 pm
Xnopyt wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm

I recorded the orphan 33 - The Word of an Engineer.
This is my first recording, so criticism is welcome!
Thank you in advance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fiftyyears_33_johnson_128kb.mp3 (1:40)
Hi Xnopyt. When someone else speaks up for a recording, such as I did several hours before you did, then they are assigned to that person. You should not record Sections prior to being given permission to record them.

As this is your first recording have you already done the 1 minute recording and had it approved yet? We will let Carolin decide who gets to record the 2 Sections as I have already completed them and I am just finishing my proof reading of them myself.
Oh dear, I'm terribly sorry. I'll be honest, I did not see your message. I'll be more careful with that in the future.

No, I haven't posted the 1-Minute Recording test to the forum yet; as soon as the account was assigned to me, I posted the recording I had done of the poem. Again, my mistake for rushing, and I won't do so again.
Also, I haven't "claimed" nor recorded the other orphaned Section.

Hopefully you (all) can forgive such newbie mistakes, and I'm again really sorry.
That is fine - the recording I just posted now would have overwritten yours.

Please do your 1 minute recording first and post it to the correct forum (not here) and make sure you received feedback on it prior to requesting to record any other items.
Have a great day!

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42461
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 18th, 2018, 7:17 am

Thank you all!
Carolin

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42461
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 18th, 2018, 7:20 am

Xnopyt wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:09 pm
Carolin wrote:
January 17th, 2018, 12:14 am
we have orphans!
I recorded the orphan 33 - The Word of an Engineer.
This is my first recording, so criticism is welcome!
Thank you in advance.
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/fiftyyears_33_johnson_128kb.mp3 (1:40)
Hi xnopyt, welcome to librivox!

Thank you for your recording. Since lynda claimed this one earlier, i havhave d assigned it to her. However, lets not waste your recording! You can just change the file name and submit it to the short poetry collection viewtopic.php?f=19&t=68664 :)

I hope we will see you around in other projects!
Carolin

HZFerr
Posts: 5456
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » January 18th, 2018, 6:01 pm

sect 33 The Word of an Engineer
sect 38 Morning, Noon and Night

PL OK :clap:
Helen



To be forgiven, we must first learn to forgive.

HZFerr
Posts: 5456
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » January 18th, 2018, 6:18 pm

:D It has been my pleasure to be your DPL.

:clap:
Helen



To be forgiven, we must first learn to forgive.

Lmnei
Posts: 3647
Joined: April 26th, 2017, 8:45 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Post by Lmnei » January 19th, 2018, 12:17 am

Helen - you have been awesome as usual!

HZFerr
Posts: 5456
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » January 19th, 2018, 2:09 pm

Image
Helen



To be forgiven, we must first learn to forgive.

Carolin
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42461
Joined: May 26th, 2010, 8:54 am
Location: the Netherlands
Contact:

Post by Carolin » January 20th, 2018, 12:43 am

:clap:
Carolin

Post Reply