(Complete)Short Story Collection Vol. 70 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cherylstewart
Posts: 1167
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » December 1st, 2017, 3:16 pm

Section 13 "The Sick Physician" PL OK
Cheryls

pschempf
Posts: 1266
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » December 3rd, 2017, 5:13 pm

Hi Lynne-

Another for the collection-

Title: The Father
Author: Björnstjerne Björnson (1838-1910)
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12732
MP3 link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol070_father_ps_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:58
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14666
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 3rd, 2017, 8:26 pm

pschempf wrote:Hi Lynne-

Another for the collection-

Title: The Father
Author: Björnstjerne Björnson (1838-1910)
Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/12732
MP3 link: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/shortstorycollectionvol070_father_ps_128kb.mp3
Length: 6:58
Thank you
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1167
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » December 4th, 2017, 12:32 pm

Section 14, "The Father" PL OK
Cheryls

pschempf
Posts: 1266
Joined: April 5th, 2013, 8:28 pm
Location: Coastal Alaska Rainforest
Contact:

Post by pschempf » December 4th, 2017, 1:21 pm

Thank you, Cheryl. :)
Fritz

"A small daily task, if it be really daily, will beat the labors of a spasmodic Hercules."

Trollope

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14666
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 8th, 2017, 6:29 pm

I've added a story to the MW.
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1167
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » December 9th, 2017, 1:03 pm

Section 15, "The Fifty-First Dragon" PL OK
Cheryls

tfaulder
Posts: 48
Joined: September 5th, 2017, 12:54 pm

Post by tfaulder » December 12th, 2017, 12:38 pm

I am going to record "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O. Henry. I will try to have uploaded in the next few days.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14666
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 12th, 2017, 1:36 pm

tfaulder wrote:I am going to record "The Ransom of Red Chief" by O. Henry. I will try to have uploaded in the next few days.
That's fine, but for these collections, you do not need to pre-claim.

In the unlikely eventuality of us reaching 20 submissions before I receive yours, it will get carried over to volume 71. The same happens if two readers upload the same story: the second submission gets carried over to the next volume.
Lynne
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

lurcherlover
Posts: 581
Joined: November 10th, 2016, 3:54 am
Location: LONDON UK

Post by lurcherlover » December 14th, 2017, 1:47 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sho ... _128kb.mp3

UNREST CURE BY H H Munro (Saki) 1870-1916
Duration: 15:18
14.69 MB

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3688/3688-h/3688-h.htm

I did this one a few weeks ago. Now I already have a small improvement in my speaking, so you never know, I might be inflicting LV with more short stories at some point soon. All is not lost!

Peter
Project Catalogue
https://librivox.org/reader/11274

Lady Astor to Churchill "If I were married to you I would probably put poison in your tea."
Churchill to Lady Astor "And if I were married to you I would probably drink it."

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14666
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 14th, 2017, 6:19 am

lurcherlover wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sho ... _128kb.mp3

UNREST CURE BY H H Munro (Saki) 1870-1916
Duration: 15:18
14.69 MB

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/3688/3688-h/3688-h.htm

I did this one a few weeks ago. Now I already have a small improvement in my speaking, so you never know, I might be inflicting LV with more short stories at some point soon. All is not lost!

Peter
Thank you.
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

soupy
Posts: 2480
Joined: November 14th, 2008, 4:04 pm
Location: Appleton, Wisconsin
Contact:

Post by soupy » December 14th, 2017, 1:12 pm

This is one letter from a long story Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote and which was reviewed in the 1761 edition of The Monthly Review

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie,_or_the_New_Heloise

Letter from St. Preux to Eloisa 1761

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... up;seq=213

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sho ... _128kb.mp3

14:26

Craig
"He that maketh haste to be rich shall not be innocent." --PROVERBS 28:20.
Open Project

My Website
Kierkegaards Challenge

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14666
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 14th, 2017, 1:57 pm

soupy wrote:This is one letter from a long story Jean-Jacques Rousseau wrote and which was reviewed in the 1761 edition of The Monthly Review

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie,_or_the_New_Heloise

Letter from St. Preux to Eloisa 1761

https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id= ... up;seq=213

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/sho ... _128kb.mp3

14:26

Craig
Many thanks
Help us finish:

The Chinese Kitten 3 sections remaining
Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage 31 sections remaining

cherylstewart
Posts: 1167
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » December 14th, 2017, 3:44 pm

Section 16, "The Unrest Cure" PL OK
Glad your making improvement.
Cheryls

cherylstewart
Posts: 1167
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » December 14th, 2017, 4:01 pm

Section 17, "Letter from St. ...." PL OK
Cheryls

Post Reply