COMPLETE [PLAY] The Gamester by Edward Moore - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Act 4 is ready for PL, Sonia! :9: Evil deeds are a-brewin'. And the brave Lewson is in the thick of it. :shock: The grand finale is near...
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Act 4 is ready for PL, Sonia! :9: Evil deeds are a-brewin'. And the brave Lewson is in the thick of it. :shock: The grand finale is near...
this is getting better and better 8-) Lewson/Stukely really have a great head-to-head here :thumbs: And I was pleasantly pleased to hear Dawson's raspy voice again, it completely slipped my mind what a growler Chris was putting on for his character :lol:

Each of our cast has excellently played and it's perfectly assembled. :clap:

PL ok

One more act...

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Sorry to keep you all waiting. This part was more difficult than I thought it would be. Getting sick and losing my voice half-way through didn't help either...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/gamester_lewson_5_128kb.mp3

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 3:56 am
benderca wrote: January 25th, 2018, 3:51 am So my recording has me singing scales G-F-E-D-C I dread the losing you. The recordings are hilarious!
oh I would love to hear that once... :9:
Sonia
...and for Sonia a personal concert -- I call it "Singing down to Lewson"... (everyone else, please plug your ears).
https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/singing_down_to_lewson.mp3
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: February 8th, 2018, 5:50 pm ...and for Sonia a personal concert -- I call it "Singing down to Lewson"... (everyone else, please plug your ears).
https://librivox.org/uploads/xx-nonproject/singing_down_to_lewson.mp3
8-) :thumbs: excellent, so this is how you do it. And then launching immediately into the play.Thanks for posting this.

And for Lewson's final scene :shock: wonderful, all the barely stifled sobs in his voice show a completely different, more sensitive side of him, not just the "tougher than thou" Lewson who has to hold it all together. I loved this performance :9:

Also: PL ok, so I guess Tomas will be busy editing this weekend and hopefully we can archive it soon. My heart palpitations are starting now, as this will be the first DRAMA I have to archive. And Todd may not even be there to rescue me this weekend if anything goes wrong. :? I will mentally prepare and revise all my notes to bring it all safely into archive-harbour.

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

“And Todd may not even be there to rescue me this weekend if anything goes wrong. :?

Strange, I can’t recall a case of Gabrielle ever having to rescue Xena. :hmm:
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 9th, 2018, 1:17 am Strange, I can’t recall a case of Gabrielle ever having to rescue Xena. :hmm:
but Todd is not Gabrielle ;) and Xena never had to archive drama plays...kicking shins and smashing heads is much easier.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Along with having missed out on all the Carry On episodes and movies, I have never seen Xena either. So I don't know if Gabrielle is a wimpy him or a even a her....

But I am very sure that Kitty needs no rescue. Rob looks to have gotten everything ready - completed acts at the top of the MW so all the individual reader files can be deleted, readers now assigned to the completed acts, probably a cast list somewhere (I can't get to the MW to check) - and besides, this is Kitty we're talking about. She'll beat those pixels and electrons into shape!

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: February 9th, 2018, 9:50 amAlong with having missed out on all the Carry On episodes and movies, I have never seen Xena either. So I don't know if Gabrielle is a wimpy him or a even a her....
you really missed out...and Gabrielle is the "cute, nice" sidekick of "cool and tough" Xena. More prone to get her into trouble than rescue her out of anything. It's usually Xena that saves the day.

now guess who is who on the pic: https://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/default/yp_571976de09d4e3.65302175/Xena-Warrior-Princess-Gabrielle-s-season-2-3-screen-used-costume-3.jpg
this is Kitty we're talking about. She'll beat those pixels and electrons into shape!
:lol: yes this is how Xena would go about it. Well, I'm gonna try to live up to my image here.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

WHEW. It took a while, but I've finally put together and uploaded Act 5 for PL. Get out your hanky, Sonia, this is a sad one. :cry: But excellently acted by everyone involved. I am very pleased by how this all came together. :9:

Thank you to Rob, Todd, Linda, Joe, Chris, Eva, TJ, Alan, Nemo, and (of course) Sonia for your great work!!! :clap: :mrgreen:
Tomas Peter
RobMarland

Post by RobMarland »

Wow! A play completed in just over three months is nothing to be sniffed at! Good work, Tomas, Sonia and company :thumbs:
Rob Marland reader section | website
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: February 10th, 2018, 12:29 am Get out your hanky, Sonia, this is a sad one. :cry: But excellently acted by everyone involved. I am very pleased by how this all came together. :9:
I agree totally, the ending is quite heart-rending. Todd's dying pangs (stretched almost over the entire act) are excellent. And all the others play to perfection. :thumbs: This is a great addition to our group's portfolio :9: Thank you Tomas, for digging it out and offering it.

Act 5 PL ok.

So now for the archiving. But first: breakfast :mrgreen: I will do this later.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I'm back and I did it :9:

The Gamester is archived and can be found here: https://librivox.org/the-gamester-by-edward-moore/

Great work everybody :clap:

See you all in the next one ! :mrgreen:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Wow! That was fantastic! Nice work, troupe! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: