COMPLETE [PLAY] The Gamester by Edward Moore - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 17th, 2018, 6:53 pm Thanks, TJ! :) It's now in the MW, awaiting Sonia's PL.
(Just remember not to use upper-case letters in file names for the future)
Oops, sorry. It was almost four in the morning when I posted that... :9:
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 18th, 2018, 1:24 am thanks TJ, and I think you sound husky enough. I really love the voice you're doing for Lewson. :9: Also his inner rage when he speaks about laying open Stukeley's schemes, that part was very nicely acted out. :thumbs:

Sonia
Thanks, Sonia!
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Act 2 is now assembled and ready for PL! :D
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 19th, 2018, 4:26 pm Act 2 is now assembled and ready for PL! :D
wonderful Act 2 :clap: totally PL ok as well. I love the central scene with Stukeley and Beverley. It's like satan prying on a poor lost lamb.

Everybody in here plays their respective roles so credibly. Well done, Team ! :9:

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, TJ! :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 24th, 2018, 6:12 pm ...almost finished. :D
Here's Lewson Act 3:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/gamester_lewson_3_128kb.mp3
awww, Lewson was so sensitive and sad in this scene. :9: Well done, TJ. :clap: You really give him a great character. I sincerely hope that your voice will not be damaged by your pressing it so deep. :help: It sounds great though ! (maybe a sore throat has helped along :mrgreen: )

No errors: PL ok. Thank you !

Tomas, that means Act 3 is ready to edit !

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TJ, can I just say that, for the next 48 hours at least, all the guys in the DR troupe will be addressing you as, "Yes, Boss".

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 25th, 2018, 2:06 am TJ, can I just say that, for the next 48 hours at least, all the guys in the DR troupe will be addressing you as, "Yes, Boss".
:lol: strangely enough, her character in the play is not really "bossy", but I agree, she would have made a blast as one of the "bad guys" too. We need to keep that in mind for another play. ;)

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 2:15 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 25th, 2018, 2:06 am TJ, can I just say that, for the next 48 hours at least, all the guys in the DR troupe will be addressing you as, "Yes, Boss".
:lol: strangely enough, her character in the play is not really "bossy", but I agree, she would have made a blast as one of the "bad guys" too. We need to keep that in mind for another play. ;)

Sonia
lol! ha! Wait till I start making threats in the next act: "By heaven, he dies that interrupts us. (Shutting the door.)" :evil:
Everybody keeps talking about Lewson's temper (Mrs. Beverly, Charlotte, and Lewson himself) -- I hope I've been able to do that temper justice... It's hard for a refined lady... such as myself... to show emotions without the voice going higher.... :wink:

...but yes, I would love to play a villain. I could be a gangster with this voice. :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 12:18 am awww, Lewson was so sensitive and sad in this scene. :9: Well done, TJ. :clap: You really give him a great character. I sincerely hope that your voice will not be damaged by your pressing it so deep. :help: It sounds great though ! (maybe a sore throat has helped along :mrgreen: )
Sonia
Thanks, Sonia! Actually when I recorded those scenes before the holidays, I found I could go lower and lower as my vocal chords got warmed up. But yesterday when I was trying to make corrections (Who puts a "the" in this sentence: "I dread the losing you."?), I found that I could not get down that deep. I had to sing my way down. So I my recording has me singing scales G-F-D-C I dread the losing you. The recordings are hilarious!

I had some lines in that last act that I believe every new Librivox user should be required to do without popping their "p's" and "b's": "I have pressed for the performance of this promise; but private cares, a brother's..." and "This sweet profusion of kind words pains while it pleases..." :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: January 25th, 2018, 3:51 am So I my recording has me singing scales G-F-D-C I dread the losing you. The recordings are hilarious!
oh I would love to hear that once... :9:
I had some lines in that last act that I believe every new Librivox user should be required to do without popping their "p's" and "b's": "I have pressed for the performance of this promise; but private cares, a brother's..." and "This sweet profusion of kind words pains while it pleases..." :D
:shock: indeed ! it would make a break in the Peter Piper routine LOL

And as for you playing the gangster...it's noted. I'll let you know as soon as I detect a suitable role somewhere :mrgreen:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 3:56 am
And as for you playing the gangster...it's noted. I'll let you know as soon as I detect a suitable role somewhere :mrgreen:

Sonia
In the meantime, you could always practice the line: "I don't know how youse done it, BUT I KNOW YOUSE DONE IT!"

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
benderca

Post by benderca »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: January 25th, 2018, 12:32 pm
Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 3:56 am And as for you playing the gangster...it's noted. I'll let you know as soon as I detect a suitable role somewhere :mrgreen:
Sonia
In the meantime, you could always practice the line: "I don't know how youse done it, BUT I KNOW YOUSE DONE IT!"
Chris
Now you're on the trolley, Chris! You really know your onions. You slay me! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go see a man about a dog.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Before going to bed, I polished up Act 3 so that it's now ready for PL. :mrgreen:

P.S. Sonia: There's one stage direction that is conspicuously missing, and you'll know which one when you come across it. I think Rob forgot to record it (or accidentally deleted it when editing). Fortunately, its absence does not matter; Linda's line conveys enough of its meaning, and I left a bit of a pause to make it more obvious she's listening for voices.
Tomas Peter