[COMPLETE][GROUP/MYSTERY] The Goddess by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tomas, just for info: I received a PM from AvenFinn today and the reader is still around and intent on delivering. Here is the relevant part of the communication:
AvenFinn wrote:Just wanted to check in to say I realize my two month mark is quickly approaching, but I haven't forgotten and I fully intend to deliver! I'm sorry I'm the last one.
Still two weeks before the deadline runs out, so there is a bit of time still, but I'm happy to see the end of the project approaching :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Ah, that's wonderful to hear! I've been hoping to wrap this project up soon, and I'm glad to know the end is on the horizon at last!
Tomas Peter
avenfinn

Post by avenfinn »

Tomas and Sonia --

Also providing my confirmation that I am excited and on board for completion! My sincere apologies for not remaining in regular contact. I've had a lot going on in the personal life causing distraction from this project, but I now know the proper way to communicate such delays. Thank you for your patience, and I'll be submitting my first run asap. :)
Aven Finn
avenfinn

Post by avenfinn »

Sorry for making you all wait with bated breath! Finally, my first take. Hopefully it won't need much more editing:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_22_marsh_128kb.mp3 (19:54)
Aven Finn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

avenfinn wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:13 am Sorry for making you all wait with bated breath! Finally, my first take. Hopefully it won't need much more editing:
wohoo, thank you, AvenFinn. Will listen to this today still, so please stay tuned for any corrections ;) so we can finish this up in the next few days.

Thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

avenfinn wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:13 amSorry for making you all wait with bated breath! Finally, my first take. Hopefully it won't need much more editing:
ok now I had a listen and it was wonderfully narrated in full character voices, very engagingly performed. :thumbs: You did super well for your first bigger section, and I'm glad you participated in this project.

There are only two minor corrections to be done, so no need to re-record the whole thing ! Just two spot editings:

> at 6:04: (p. 244): "this is an acquaintance of mine who owes me 1880 pounds" – you only say "1800" (the sum is often mentioned in the story)

> at the end: we leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, so as not to stop too abruptly. You only have 2 seconds, could you please add 3 more ?

Simply reupload with the exact same file name then the old file will get replaced by the new one.

Just one note for further recordings...be careful with the volume of your voice all throughout the chapter. Sometimes you are very loud at other times you barely whisper, which for a reader is difficult to understand then. Volume fluctuations should be kept to a minimum, so you can uniformely amplify to our desired limits of between 86 and 92 dB (average of 89 dB would be preferred). Checker tells me you now just reach inside the accepted minimum of 86. (86.4 dB) but since many parts are louder than others, I suspect those low parts do not even reach 86 dB. :? One could manually amplify those parts, but you don't need to do that for this section, as the parts are still understandable, although a bit low. I only mention it that you could pay attention to it for your future sections (which are many I hope)

Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Tomas: are you ok with the intro summary ? Then, as soon as Aven has uploaded her corrections, I can archive and don't need to wait for you to get up ;)

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

OK Sonia, I modified the summary to something a bit more complete. Hopefully it suffices!
Tomas Peter
avenfinn

Post by avenfinn »

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2021, 5:31 am
avenfinn wrote: January 25th, 2021, 12:13 amSorry for making you all wait with bated breath! Finally, my first take. Hopefully it won't need much more editing:
ok now I had a listen and it was wonderfully narrated in full character voices, very engagingly performed. :thumbs: You did super well for your first bigger section, and I'm glad you participated in this project.

There are only two minor corrections to be done, so no need to re-record the whole thing ! Just two spot editings:

> at 6:04: (p. 244): "this is an acquaintance of mine who owes me 1880 pounds" – you only say "1800" (the sum is often mentioned in the story)

> at the end: we leave a standard of 5 seconds of silence, so as not to stop too abruptly. You only have 2 seconds, could you please add 3 more ?

Simply reupload with the exact same file name then the old file will get replaced by the new one.

Just one note for further recordings...be careful with the volume of your voice all throughout the chapter. Sometimes you are very loud at other times you barely whisper, which for a reader is difficult to understand then. Volume fluctuations should be kept to a minimum, so you can uniformely amplify to our desired limits of between 86 and 92 dB (average of 89 dB would be preferred). Checker tells me you now just reach inside the accepted minimum of 86. (86.4 dB) but since many parts are louder than others, I suspect those low parts do not even reach 86 dB. :? One could manually amplify those parts, but you don't need to do that for this section, as the parts are still understandable, although a bit low. I only mention it that you could pay attention to it for your future sections (which are many I hope)

Thank you

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you so much for the encouragement, and well noted on the volume tip! I'm glad there's not too much more to do.

Had a really busy workday today, but I'll upload my changes asap -- ideally later tonight, or tomorrow evening at latest.

Thanks again,
Aven
Aven Finn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 25th, 2021, 4:31 pmOK Sonia, I modified the summary to something a bit more complete. Hopefully it suffices!
yes this looks good. I would only edit the sentence about the suspicion mounting against him a little bit. The woman was actually much more under suspicion and he wanted to prove her innocence which in turn made him look a bit like a partner in crime.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

OK, I've edited it to reflect that point. Hopefully it's suitable now!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 26th, 2021, 12:29 am OK, I've edited it to reflect that point. Hopefully it's suitable now!
:thumbs: better yes, thank you ! So now I'm only waiting for Aven to correct the last file and then we're all set to catalogue. 8-)

Sonia
avenfinn

Post by avenfinn »

Ok! Changes made. Not perfect - I had trouble matching the sound, but hopefully it passes. Let me know if there's anything else. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_22_marsh_128kb.mp3 (19:58)
Aven Finn
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

avenfinn wrote: January 26th, 2021, 4:25 pmOk! Changes made. Not perfect - I had trouble matching the sound, but hopefully it passes. Let me know if there's anything else. :)
I think the sentence is wonderfully patched in and I don't notice the sound difference much. :thumbs: This is PL ok and that means I'll proceed to catalogue now 8-)

A huge thanks to all the readers who helped bring this suspenseful book to our catalogue. This was the oldest project I currently have on my MC list :lol: so I'm glad it's done and dusted now.

I will post the link here as soon as it's finished.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

It's in the box :clap:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/goddess-a-demon-by-richard-marsh/

moving to Completed...

Sonia