COMPLETE [FULL] Ozoplaning with the Wizard of Oz-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Beth,
Sorry for jumping the gun on this. All the files rose within range except 12 as you predicted. I fixed it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/ozoplaning_12_thompson_128kb.mp3

The file has been updated with this. I believe I have your updated summary in there. Let me know if it needs anything else.

Congratulations! :clap:
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Amy! I've never had a project hit the catalogue so quickly before!

Everything looks good, and many thanks to Anne for the super fast cover art too!
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

HZFerr wrote: March 14th, 2018, 4:19 pm sect 12 The Flight to Oz
PL OK

* Note for Elizabby
Volume 75.1 dB is slightly low (passed with warnings). I marked PL OK, it's up to you if you want it increased.

Final chapter. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Helen, as a general thing if a file does not fall within specs and someone needs to do something with it (whether that's checking or making a decision or actually changing something) it is often better to mark it "PL notes" so that everyone knows that the file is not yet complete.

If you mark it "OK" then it implies everything is fine and the reader may unsubscribe, the MC will assume that everything is finished - and in this case start the cataloguing process. Once that happens I can't access the MW anymore, so I can't check or change anything.

"OK" is the last, definitive category - if there is anything at all that needs to be done to a file or you aren't sure - safer not to use it. The BC will mark the file "OK" after the requisite checking.

Anyway, it's all sorted out now. Thanks for all your work on this project! :thumbs:
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

]Good morning Beth,
It is not the Pl job to check the specs, it is the job of the BC. I did it for practice and as a courtesy when I spotted a possible problem, (I still learning the tech side) is was your job to do the follow up (I made a note in the thread for you, it gave you more than enough time to make the decision about the volume and to contact me about reversing the PL OK.).
Please check the guide lines for PL, to avoid this in the future:
"As a PL or DPL you don't absolutely have to check the technical settings (it is the responsibility of the BC, book coordinator)".
When you ask someone to DPL, make it clear you expect them to do the tech end as well; if you did that, I would not have accepted your request. But, as you say,
this is project is completed. I wish you well on your next project. :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I did not ask (and do not expect) specs checked - I just require the standard PL job as described in the Wiki:
If the recording seems too loud or too quiet, please note that as well.
It is point 1 subheading 4. Please note that you did this! You found the problem and pointed it out exactly right! You did a fantastic job with the PLing! :thumbs:

My point is simply that if further work needs to be done on a file by anyone (either reader or BC) "reversing" a PL OK is not the usual practice. The usual thing would be to mark it PL notes, put the relevant notes in the project thread, and let the BC switch it to PL OK after the check is done. That's all. :9: