[COMPLETE]In the Mayor's Parlour by J.S. Fletcher-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

Thoroughly enjoying Ravensdene, so looking forward to this one!

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

craigdav1 wrote:6-7 PL OK.

Richard J Daley served as mayor for 21 years until his death while in office (actually while in his doctor's office). His son, Richard M Daley served for 22 years, declining to run for another term, in part because of the death from cancer of his wife. Were it not for the slight difference in their names we could have kept those voting machines.

LOL-- I'm from there; is Fast Eddie in this book too? ;-)

Mr. Clifford, I'm really enjoying Ravensdene, and came to te catalog to plumb your other reads-- I love it that you stick with an author once you find one you like to read, so I'll be meeting some new authors via your voice.

~Susan
Vision issues and routine, long travel make audbiobooks a MUST for me-- THANK YOU. Apologies in advance for ypto's in my posts.
clifford

Post by clifford »

Chapters 16 and 17 are now up.

Nick

PS This page seems to have changed its appearance -- I assume I'm posting this in the right place?

Susan -- 'm glad you enjoy this. I wish I had a north of England accent, but any attempt to fake it would be disastrous.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Yes - it's different looking . The previous version was so out of date the version changes are very noticeable , but we are now able to update versions easily. :clap: :clap:

Anne
WYSIWYG

Post by WYSIWYG »

clifford wrote: January 13th, 2018, 6:20 pm Chapters 16 and 17 are now up.

Susan -- 'm glad you enjoy this. I wish I had a north of England accent, but any attempt to fake it would be disastrous.
Yes it would, but I'm listening to another Fletcher now that may have that accent-- I can hear a difference, of course, but it's not a qualitative one. Maybe to US ears it all just sounds lovely! :-) (You read beautifully.)

~S~
clifford

Post by clifford »

Chapter 18 and 19 are now up.

Nick
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

16-19 PL OK.

Sorry for the delay in PL'ing the first two sections. I have many excuses (minor earthquake, an erupting volcano, mudslides, 5 feet of rain in 24 hours) but it's more likely that I just forgot to post that I had listened to the chapters. Nice reads, btw.
clifford

Post by clifford »

I hope the volcano, earthquake, 5' of rain, etc. did not strike Chicago. Or are you in the Philippines?

However, I've got a problem myself which seems to stem from LV's updated design. I've uploaded chaps. 20 and 21 because when I try to insert them in the Mayor's Parlour home page and click BC Admin to open it up, I get a message saying I'm not authorized to do so. Strange, because a couple of hours ago, I was able to post 18 and 19 -- even though the redesigned lv makes it rather more tedious than it used to be.

I find sometimes that problems of non-working programs are sometimes solved by a reboot of the computer. So I'll try again tomorrow when I restart the machine. But right now I'm goig to bed. If it still doesn't work tomorrow, there's obviously something I'm doing wrong. In the meantime I'll save the urls of 20 and 21 so I don''t have to upload again. With luck.

Good luck with Mother Nature.

Nick
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The two files were uploaded and I've just downloaded them. As to getting into the MW, I'm sure either rebooting your computer or Anne's LV acumen will solve your problem. And luckily for the citizens of Chicago I was in a rainforest in Costa Rica where erupting volcanoes, earthquakes, mudslides and feet of rain are not unusual.

Edit: Save those urls though!
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

20-21 PL OK.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've popped them in the MW - don't worry Nick , if it's causing problems it's no trouble for one of us to add them if you just post the URLs in the thread

Anne
clifford

Post by clifford »

Many thanks, Anne. After a nght's rest, the computer and the program seem back to normal. Now chas, 22 and 23 are up, and we're getting close to discovering who the villain of the piece will turn out to be.

Nick
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

22-23 PL OK.

After a night's rest I'm usually 'back to normal."
clifford

Post by clifford »

Chapters xxiv and xxv -- the two last -- are up. I don't quite understand why, if it was a woman who dunnit, Brent was so anxious to save her from the scaffold. Does he think that Krevin should have sacrificed his own life by telling a lie? Chivalrous as I of course am, I don't think I'd go quite that far.

I'll expand the brief description tomorrow.

Nick
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Well I suppose it's all part of the view of all women fainting and taking to ther beds at the slightest opportunity - you really couldn't believe they should be held responsible for their misdeeds could you ? Of course working class women could do anything , they were not ladies, their fathers probably were labourers.
I used to think snobbery was an English thing - but having listened to a number of American school stories if anything they were as bad or worse .

Anne