Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

24-25 PL OK. Finished!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'm finishing off another at the moment , but this is next as soon as Nick has his summary .

Anne
clifford

Post by clifford »

Yes, snobbery is very much an American thing and according to a new book, has been with us ever since the first colonists came over in the early 17th century (and that's not counting the Spaniards, of course, who got here earlier, and I'm sure had their own forms of snobbery). Whether it's better or worse than it was I can't say, but it was a bit of a factor in our last presidential election.

In any case, I've now posted a description for Fletcher. I hope it's all right.

I was rather thinking of readng next William Lequeux's Czar's Spy. It certainly isn't Great Literature but it's fun, However, I discovered tat it's already been done for LV -- shold I look elsewhere?

Nick
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The summary is as usual great - the project is flying over to Archive
There is no reason why you can't produce another version of something we have , it's called choice of voice . I had a swift look at project guternberg and they about 70 of his books - I'd not realised he was so prolific , so if you didn't want to repeat you would be able to pick another but it is completely OK to do the same one

Anne
clifford

Post by clifford »

Anne and Craig,

Many, many thanks to you both for seeing this through. I am most grateful. I had earlier thought of doing another Fletcher,the name of which I've forgotten, but it was said to be a great favorite of President Calvin Coolidge. However, a) I discovered it had already been done, and b) whatever one may think of Coolidge as a president, I'm not certain I trust him as a literary critic.
I think I'll post the Czar's Spy in the near future.

Nck
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Another mystery in the catalogue - thank you both :D :D

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mayors-parlour-by-j-s-fletcher/

I'm happy to take the next project on if you wish, now to download this

Anne
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I would enjoy being the DPL if one is needed.
clifford

Post by clifford »

I've posted The Czar's Spy -- at least I think I have. The new librivox form seems much shorter than it used to be. In particular, I didn't find room for either of your names. Let ne know, please, if I have to do more.

Nick