[COMPLETE][Solo] The Seen and the Unseen, by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Spot check PL OK. Great job on the timing for this sentence. Sounds great. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: May 9th, 2018, 8:42 am Spot check PL OK. Great job on the timing for this sentence. Sounds great. :thumbs:
thanks :D and it makes more sense too :lol: So strange, I thought the sentence sounded odd, but I didn't think to look twice at the text to see the error. Once you think something is correct it's hard to see the error. That's why a DPL is so important. :9: Thank you for being so meticulous.

I recorded the second chapter of the story. But the editing will take some time still. So don't expect the solution too soon ;)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the solution to the mystery of Mr Groome and Mr Goad ;) probably not very sensational nowadays, but back then it was still quite obscure I suppose.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_21_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 20:00 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

21 is PL OK. :thumbs:

Three stories remain. Congratulations!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: May 16th, 2018, 5:39 am 21 is PL OK. :thumbs:
Three stories remain. Congratulations!
yay, thank you, Linny :)

Yes only 7 sections of about 20 minutes left...I should get those done in the next few months. I hope I can finish before the project is one year old. But I won't rush things. I need to be in the mood to record such a long section.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I haven't forgotten about this project. I finished another short story. Here is already Part 1, need to edit Part 2 still. Quite a funny story this time. And there will be a reappearance of Mess. Ruby and Golden, the jewellers from "The Diamonds" story. I found it funny that the author would use the same names, so presumably the same characters. I went back and checked their voices so they sounded the same way too :lol: Not sure anyone will notice this detail, but I wanted it for myself.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_22_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 17:02 min.

Have a nice weekend, Linny !

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Such unlucky jewelers :shock:

5:58 optional pronunciation – “His lordship has been a customer of our for some time, and is so largely in our debt that some months ago we felt bound to intimate that we could not allow him to add to the already large figure of this account.

This is one of those words that have the same spelling for two different definitions. Each definition has it’s own pronunciation. This definition is “to communicate delicately and indirectly; hint” and is pronounced with a long a.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/intimate

Take as long as you want. I'm certainly not going to push you. I've been keeping busy. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 9th, 2018, 8:11 am 5:58 optional pronunciation – “His lordship has been a customer of our for some time, and is so largely in our debt that some months ago we felt bound to intimate that we could not allow him to add to the already large figure of this account.
oh I see, yes, there is indeed a difference between the adjective and the verb. I'll correct that once I work on the other editing. Thank you, Linny !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 9th, 2018, 8:11 am This is one of those words that have the same spelling for two different definitions. Each definition has it’s own pronunciation. This definition is “to communicate delicately and indirectly; hint” and is pronounced with a long a.
Linny, here is a new upload. I only corrected "that some months ago we felt bound to intimate". I think I was able to get the tone of his voice correctly again.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/seenandunseen_22_marsh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 17:02 min.

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Oh goodness! I'm sorry, I forgot about this. Spot check PL OK and it was a great voice match.

In my defense I was distracted helping to get two long running DRs ready for the catalog. :mrgreen: Two more from 2015 are close. One is waiting for the cast list and the other is waiting on PLing of the final edited acts.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:12 pm In my defense I was distracted helping to get two long running DRs ready for the catalog. :mrgreen:
Two more from 2015 are close. One is waiting for the cast list and the other is waiting on PLing of the final edited acts.
I saw the Betrothed and whooped ! That was long-running indeed. Which is the other ?

And no hurry here, you know that :) Thanks !

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

We got the Teacup Club finished and in the catalog today as well. That was from 2016.

The two from 2015 are Parson's Wedding (awaiting PL which is taking ages :roll: ), and Marion de Lorme which only needs the cast list organized. <sigh> Patience, patience, patience. :lol:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 12th, 2018, 12:51 pm We got the Teacup Club finished and in the catalog today as well. That was from 2016.

The two from 2015 are Parson's Wedding (awaiting PL which is taking ages :roll: ), and Marion de Lorme which only needs the cast list organized. <sigh> Patience, patience, patience. :lol:
ah I wasn't involved in Teacup and Marion. But I had a small part in Parson, I think back then I still had my old and very bad quality microphone :lol: Wow, a long time ago. So cool that these old things now make way for new ones. :9: You're doing a great job there, Linny. :thumbs:

Sonia
linny

Post by linny »

Yes, you did have a role. You got your new microphone part of the way through the project submissions. I did what I could on the first files. :wink:

I enjoy the work there, especially now that I don't record much. Last year I helped out with a couple that were orphaned by the BC. After that I've made a practice of looking at the oldest start date and seeing where I might be able to help out. It sure feels good with so many of them finishing up about the same time. Soon there will only be 5 that are older than 2017. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

linny wrote: June 12th, 2018, 1:10 pm Yes, you did have a role. You got your new microphone part of the way through the project submissions. I did what I could on the first files. :wink:
:lol: thanks, but I fear the first mic was a hopeless case.
I've made a practice of looking at the oldest start date and seeing where I might be able to help out.

oh yes, achieving such goals is really a mega kick. I did that over in Distributed Proofreaders, always taking the "unwanted" oldest project :lol: I got to know books that I usually would never have read otherwise.

Sonia