Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

four sections claimed by tony via pm :thumbs:
Carolin
TonyPS214

Post by TonyPS214 »

Carloin:

I forgot to count the Preface as the first section (when I looked up the Table of Contents in the Gutenberg book, I didn't see it listed), so the recordings of my assigned sections are one number short (6 should be 7, 12 should be 13, 22 should be 23 and 33 should be 34).

I hope this doesn't cause any problems; if it does, I can always resubmit them under the correct section numbers.
Tony Scheinman
The Voice with "Character(s)"
web site: http://TonyScheinman.voice123.com
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi tony, thank you for those. I have the power to change the file names on the server but i cant use it at the moment :) im travelling and cant access the servers for a while. It would be great if you could resubmit. Thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D
Carolin
Jude1972

Post by Jude1972 »

here's my two....... I'm expecting to have to do number 4 again... wasn't sure if I needed to say "Chorus" at the start.....

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_04_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:54)

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_05_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:44)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you jude!
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carolin, I wanted to notify you, I have a bit of time and will this project you up to date today. So I'm downloading all the files to PL. Don't want to commit to DPL yet though, but is it ok that I update the MW with my notes/status changes ?

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok I start with the first contributions by Stephen:
very entertainingly read, both the preface and the poem. Especially your tongue-in-cheek reading of the Capitan Alonso Esteban San Salvador was hilarious :lol:

Section 3 is already PL ok.

But I have small textual note for the Preface:

> at 4:49: “They also form a series of eccentric pictures of American life after the war” – you say “before the war”, which is a change of meaning

The rest is totally fine. I loved your "stern" voice when you quoted “to give authority for every word” :thumbs: which leads me to think that you may wish to participate one day in our drama groups. ;) We're always happy to get new voices which love to "act out" a bit.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

next up: Larry ! :)
wonderfully narrated and all three PL ok. :thumbs:

with "hard tack and cheese goodbye" you really made me hungry. :lol: I thought you would break out into song any time near the end :mrgreen:

well done !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awesome perfomances, Tony 8-) I enjoyed every single one, but especially the chorus you made for the Mermaid really gave me goosebumps. Excellent interpretation. Also nice touch to add the footnote at the end.

oh and I loved the Welsh accent for Davy Jones in the first poem. Perfect :thumbs:

Same as with Stephen, I seriously hope you will check out our drama subforum. I really think you would be a great asset to our stage plays :9:

Textually, all 4 poems are perfect, but two of them have volume issues:

23: only 82.3 dB, which is not loud enough. Could you maybe increase the volume by 6 dB ? You may have to do a round of noisecleaning after amplification as well.

34: same here, the volume is only 84.8 dB, also needs a bit of amplification (about 5 dB) and maybe also noise-cleaning afterwards

Poems 7 and 13 are immediately PL ok. Although for Davy Jones, we need to have an additional 0 in the file-name (07) as there are more than 10 poems, we need to use double-digits. But no need to reupload, as all the rest was fine. I'll make a note for Carolin in the MW, she can change that on her end.

Thanks for your contribution, Tony ! Hope to hear more from you. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and last but not least: Jude, and then we're up-to-date with the PLing
Jude1972 wrote:here's my two....... I'm expecting to have to do number 4 again... wasn't sure if I needed to say "Chorus" at the start.....
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_04_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:54)
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/songsoftheseaandlaysoftheland_05_leland_128kb.mp3 (02:44)
hey ! I haven't heard you in a long time, Jude, but I see you haven't lost your wonderfully forceful narration :9: I immediately thought, such a shanty is predestined to be read by Jude. 8-) I can really picture the drunken sailors singing it all in a chorus.

Apropos chorus: no I don't think you need to read the word, it is only stated in the first stanza to note that it will be repeated later on. It's all fine the way you recorded it.

It sounds like you had big fun doing these two. Lovely rendering. Thanks. Both PL ok.

Sonia
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much sonia :thumbs:
Carolin
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carolin wrote:Thank you so much sonia :thumbs:
you're welcome :)

Jude is also PL ok, you forgot to mark that in the MW

Sonia