Sonia
leanneyauyau

Post by leanneyauyau »

Leanne (leanneyauyau) :9:
my librivox page | website | fb page
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Leanne. PL ok now and WOW you pronounce it really in accurate French. :thumbs: (so my explanations were helpful 8-) )

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote:Filerin with full voice credit
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_filerin_3.mp3
thank you Alan !!! Definitely PL ok now. I'm already glad you said it the French way, and not something which would sound like "fill 'er in" ... for a doctor to have such a name would be of poor taste :mrgreen:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Here is the clever Clitandre: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_clitandre_3.mp3

I hope my dropping the 'physician' voice towards the end is not an error of judgment on my part. :oops: Maybe I should've kept it up for Sganarelle. Or maybe it works the way I do it? Let me know, Sonia, and I can re-record if need be. :)
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Here is the clever Clitandre: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_clitandre_3.mp3
I hope my dropping the 'physician' voice towards the end is not an error of judgment on my part. :oops: Maybe I should've kept it up for Sganarelle. Or maybe it works the way I do it? Let me know, Sonia, and I can re-record if need be. :)
excellently done Tomas. I love your gruff physician's voice :thumbs: Compared to the softer voice he has as a lover, one would really think it's a different person. I love the effect which you do while talking to Lucinde about the marriage cure, in the beginning you are still the physician and then your voice subtly changes to the lover...sort of an uncanny effect.

I do agree though, I was expecting him to keep up the same voice when he speaks aside to Sganarelle. It would have that tiny extra twist in the performance, to switch to and fro between the voices. (since I know you can pull it off 8-) ) Sganarelle must think your softer voice is the one you only put on. In the final longer speech it's ok that he keeps his soft voice as there the trick is about to be resolved and he doesn't have to pretend anymore.

So if you don't mind, I would suggest re-doing these three lines in a gruffer voice:

> at 4:20: (p. 168 top): “It is a constellated ring…”
> at 4:33: (p. 168 top): “I will bring the fellow…”
> at 4:50: (p. 168 bottom) “But at least, Sir…”

but if it's too much trouble, it is also fine as it is. I leave the choice to you. :)

Another small thing, also optional probably:

> at 1:42: (p. 166 middle): you say “will you be my constant” – text says “will you be constant”. I think there is a bit of a difference and it works better with the rest of the sentence to say “be constant in bestowing favours”. But I leave it up to you whether you want to change, the difference is probably not that big

So I keep it in PL notes for the moment, but if you tell me you're ok with the lines, I can mark them PL ok as well. It's a great performance, either way.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you for your guidance, Sonia. :9: The revised Clitandre file has been uploaded and ready to spot PL.
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:Thank you for your guidance, Sonia. :9: The revised Clitandre file has been uploaded and ready to spot PL.
I was right :shock: it is an uncanny effect switching those voices so quick. Almost like a split personality.

Well done !!!! Splitandre :mrgreen: PL ok

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Okay. I would like to claim the role of Aminta in section 9, please. Thanks! :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote:Okay. I would like to claim the role of Aminta in section 9, please. Thanks! :D
hey Sara !!! Cool, your debut in Drama :mrgreen: Aminta is a good choice to get started. Have fun ! I'll sign you up.

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Kitty wrote:hey Sara !!! Cool, your debut in Drama :mrgreen: Aminta is a good choice to get started. Have fun ! I'll sign you up.

Sonia
Yay! And thank you! :9: I hope it will be the start for more DR in the future.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SaraHale wrote:Yay! And thank you! :9: I hope it will be the start for more DR in the future.
just remember, you don't need to speak any LV disclaimer here as intro. Your "parts" will get cut out and pasted into a masterfile, so the LV disclaimer only gets read by the Narrator.

We only need a voice credit from you, in your case, please include: "Aminta, Sganarelle's neighbor, read by Sara Hale". And leave enough space between your different chunks to make it easy to cut out. I think you only have one "block" to say though, so this will not apply here, but then for your future dramas. :D

Thank you :)

Sonia
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Thank you! :9:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Here is Monsieur Tomès. These doctors are so much fun :mrgreen: I enjoyed acting out the bloodthirsty leech here :twisted:

For this role, I pressed my voice as deeply as I could, to sound like an old, fat and overconfident braggart. I think the result is quite good. :) And I tried to make my final line sound as menacing as possible :mrgreen:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_tomes_2.mp3
Recording time: 4:28 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/loveisthebestdoctor_tomes_3.mp3
Recording time: 0:33 min.

Sonia
I was wrong. You CAN sound like an old, fat, and overconfident braggart! PL OK!

Thanks, Todd