COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

To show you how well Sir Julian and Kitty have patched things up, Sir Julian nods and instantly heads off to his recording setup in the garden shed to make the fixes. Bypassing the oregano, of course.
:lol: I'm glad Sir Julian sees the errors of his behaviour. That's no way to treat a woman, not for such a trifle as betraying state secrets to sleezy upstarts. :roll:

Excellent ending scene in Act 4, there really is hope that Kitty can twirl Sir Julian around her little finger again :mrgreen:

Everything wonderfully portrayed to the last. :thumbs: I'm happy you volunteered for the job, because, as I said in the beginning, I think this role is perfect for you (and I was right. Just trust your Kitty in this matter)

Act 4: PL ok

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sir Julian reports quickly to Kitty that all is now fixed up proper, but if she just wants to make a quick check to hear that there are no more spots of blight, then of course she can. He's going to go check to make sure the sheep haven't gotten into the barley....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Sir Julian reports quickly to Kitty that all is now fixed up proper, but if she just wants to make a quick check to hear that there are no more spots of blight, then of course she can. He's going to go check to make sure the sheep haven't gotten into the barley....
while you're at it, don't forget to milk the cows. Meanwhile I gather the eggs from the chicken coop (ahh the joys of countrylife :roll: )

Both Acts now PL ok. Well corrected, wouldn't hear a difference in sound. :)

Sonia
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

Oh Dear... in reading the first stage directions of Lady MacPhail I see she is a woman of considerably more years than I am. I hope I can give her an age appropriate voice that doesn't make Jasonb's Sir Colin sound like our familial roles should be reversed... :lol:
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Jesse, I suggest channeling your inner Margaret Thatcher. :lol:

Drop the pitch and slow the speed.

There's got to be some video of her on YouTube.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Jesse, I suggest channeling your inner Margaret Thatcher. :lol:

Drop the pitch and slow the speed.

There's got to be some video of her on YouTube.

Cheers,
Chris
oooo Good idea... I was trying to imitate Maggie Smith from Downton Abbey but it was not sounding in any way authentic.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jpercival wrote:Oh Dear... in reading the first stage directions of Lady MacPhail I see she is a woman of considerably more years than I am. I hope I can give her an age appropriate voice that doesn't make Jasonb's Sir Colin sound like our familial roles should be reversed... :lol:
as far as I assess this woman, she is basically your upper-class bully. Especially with her son. So, sound authoritative and like you don't accept other people's opinions. A darker pitch may help, so you don't sound too young. And if in contrast, Jason now really pulls an extreme mamma's boy petulant voice, then you are the perfect team.

I wouldn't worry about age gaps here, that's the beauty of voice-acting. As an example, I already played the mother, the sister and the wife (oh and almost forgot: also a sort of adopted daughter) of the same male reader in these plays, and I think it never sounded strange. :mrgreen: Whereas on stage we probably couldn't have pulled it without some serious enhancing make-up for both of us. LOL

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you Melton :mrgreen: , all lines in now, and PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you!

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Valentine is probably too young for me, but I'd be glad to do the stage directions for this one.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote:Valentine is probably too young for me, but I'd be glad to do the stage directions for this one.
Larry, we love you :9: thanks for joining.

I'll sign you up !

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Glad to be a part of this madcap crew!

Just a few questions on the stage directions.

For ones that are like, [To Brooke] or [Kissing Brooke] where they introduce a line, do you want just that or also the character's name, as in [Mrs. Twombley to Brooke]?

Do you want me to read the "Persons of the Play?"

Then, a couple of questions on names.
Probyn - long or short "o?"
Vibart - long or short "i?" or "ee"

The rest I think I have, except maybe ANGÈLE

LOTS of stage directions, but this is nicely laid out so I can color code them all and not have so many missed lines as when reading from an Archive file.

I'll start on Act I right away.
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Strange, I have déjà-vu. This morning I had to reply to almost the same questions in another play :hmm:
silverquill wrote:For ones that are like, [To Brooke] or [Kissing Brooke] where they introduce a line, do you want just that or also the character's name, as in [Mrs. Twombley to Brooke]?
yes if the stage directions introduce the character that speaks, please say the name. Whereas if the direction comes in the middle of someone's speech, you do not have to repeat the name, as we all know who is talking then
Do you want me to read the "Persons of the Play?"
yes please. I guess in the end we won't need them, as every reader is supposed to read their voice credits, but sometimes it happens that a reader goes AWOL without handing in the proper voice credit, and then it's the narrator's job to insert the missing bits ;)
Then, a couple of questions on names.
Probyn - long or short "o?"
Vibart - long or short "i?" or "ee"
as long as you yourself stay consistent, it doesn't really matter. If you want to know how the characters themselves say their names, I would suggest you listen in on their voice credits :mrgreen: I think if I recall correctly it's "Probyn" like "product" and "Vibart" like "veal". But as I said, stay consistent in your own pronunciation, and all is well :)
The rest I think I have, except maybe ANGÈLE
if you want to read it the correct French way, I would seriously suggest you listen to Sandra's voice-credit, she says it correctly.

good luck

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

One role still open.

Where do we go on Librivox to advertise for a new or used VW?

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox