COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Availle wrote:My goodness, how can I possibly resist a Dowager??

:mrgreen:
I am very sorry, but there is a claim above for the Dowager that I missed. Would you like another part instead?

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

benderca wrote:I'd be happy to read the Dowager Lady Countess of Drumdurris. I need hardly say I have a motive for claiming that part. :D
I am very sorry - I missed this claim earlier. Yes, you may play this role.

Thanks, Todd
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

Hi Todd,

I’ve got the bug for plays apparently! I’d be interested in the part of Lady MacPhail if that would be all right with you.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

jpercival wrote:Hi Todd,

I’ve got the bug for plays apparently! I’d be interested in the part of Lady MacPhail if that would be all right with you.
I believe there is a twelve step plan for dealing with this addiction. In the meantime, maybe you should play just one more role first....

Thanks, Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:I wonder if I can find a book about Pinero and his plays to offer as a companion to his plays? I will look around.
EDIT: Found one. "Arthur Wing Pinero, Playwright - A Study. https://archive.org/details/cu31924013536796
highly interesting !!! I skimmed through and read up a bit on the actresses. Turns out a Mrs John Wood played George Tidd, Agatha Poskett, Miss Dyott and also Kitty Twombley ! I didn't even know this when I claimed the roles, but we are somehow historically staying in character here, by me taking on all those roles as well. What a coincidence.

Sonia
Sonia, did you claim all those other roles you mentioned too? (George Tidd, Agatha Poskett, Miss Dyott?)
:shock:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Ealswythe wrote:
Kitty wrote:
ToddHW wrote:I wonder if I can find a book about Pinero and his plays to offer as a companion to his plays? I will look around.
EDIT: Found one. "Arthur Wing Pinero, Playwright - A Study. https://archive.org/details/cu31924013536796
highly interesting !!! I skimmed through and read up a bit on the actresses. Turns out a Mrs John Wood played George Tidd, Agatha Poskett, Miss Dyott and also Kitty Twombley ! I didn't even know this when I claimed the roles, but we are somehow historically staying in character here, by me taking on all those roles as well. What a coincidence.

Sonia
Sonia, have you claimed all those other roles you mentioned too, in previous projects? (George Tidd, Agatha Poskett, Miss Dyott?)
:shock:

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia, have you claimed all those other roles you mentioned too, in previous projects? (George Tidd, Agatha Poskett, Miss Dyott?)
Yes, Sonia played all those roles in our recent Pineros, and other roles in our recent Dumaa, Farquhars, and Molieres among others. In addition to being our wonderful DPL, Sonia somehow still finds time to record too. Take a listen!

Thanks, Todd
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

ToddHW wrote:
Yes, Sonia played all those roles in our recent Pineros, and other roles in our recent Dumaa, Farquhars, and Molieres among others. In addition to being our wonderful DPL, Sonia somehow still finds time to record too. Take a listen!

Thanks, Todd
Yes, I’ve heard a bunch of her recordings, as I’ve been PL for her in some projects where she has been both DPL and Reader. She’s fantastic! And I just find it really surprising that this Mrs. John Wood played those same roles. Hmmmm.... Sonia in her previous lifetime.....

SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

ToddHW wrote:

I believe there is a twelve step plan for dealing with this addiction.

Thanks, Todd

High friends in low places, huh Sir Julian? :mrgreen:

Joe Lebanon & Co.
"It's YOUR money. It's MY future."
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:
ToddHW wrote:

I believe there is a twelve step plan for dealing with this addiction.

Thanks, Todd

High friends in low places, huh Sir Julian? :mrgreen:

Joe Lebanon & Co.
"It's YOUR money. It's MY future."
“Correction, my dear brother. YOUR money is MY future.”
Fanny Gaylustre & Co.

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Or, as one of the fleeced, MY money is YOUR future.

Todd
harpinthecloset

Post by harpinthecloset »

I'd like to read Egidia.
Jael
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I can't access the MW for about 10 hours but will post it there then.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Great. I can't access the MW for about 10 hours but will post it there then.
I updated the MW for you now, Todd :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd