COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be seen on our catalog page at: https://librivox.org/the-cabinet-minister-by-arthur-wing-pinero/

Thanks to all of you!

Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

A small correction for the cast list: the act tags are still attached to the Macphails, for some reason. :?
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 18th, 2018, 12:20 pm A small correction for the cast list: the act tags are still attached to the Macphails, for some reason. :?
Fixed in Librivox catalog and Archive page. I make the cast list from a copy of the MW and must have forgotten to edit out the act number for those two characters.

Thanks, Todd
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks everyone! I've now listened to the whole assembled play, and this is definitely my favourite Pinero play to date! I loved the clash of accents with our very low-class Joe Lebanon! Hilarious! Especially the line about "I don't even know how to spell 'eadache" and the very droll "with an H!" :clap:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've already listened as well. So much fun! :D
benderca

Post by benderca »

I listened to the whole play too yesterday, and all I can say is: Wow! Fantastic!

I also loved the mix of accents -- I found that the seventeen different ways we pronounced "Imogen," "Egidia," and "Ballocheevin" gave an entertaining comic effect.

I'm so proud to be a part of this troupe! Great job, everyone!