COMPLETE[PLAY]The Cabinet Minister by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:Sorry, Sis, gotta finalise an absolute waterfrontage real estate deal in the next couple of hours.

Because time and tide wait for no man. :wink:

Joe Lebanon & Co.
"Nobody Can't Prove Nuthin' Nohow"
My dear Jo,
Then take your time, and take a running leap into the tide.
-Fan :wink:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:
Kitty wrote::shock: yikes he is sooooo slimy. I shudder to think I have to share the same breathing space with this guy :help:
Sonia
Just be glad that he is about as far away as you can get on this planet....
yes I know, the perks of LibriVox LOL but don't forget, when I act for a role in here, I get into character and really feel the other people present...so I will suffer with those vultures around me during the play :help:

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ScottKelley wrote:I unsuccessfully tried to add my new reading to the beginning of the recording. I'm hoping someone with a better handle of Audacity can help. I added the intro with the added "in the Guards" to the end of this audio track. Would Todd (or whomever) be able to edit it into the proper spot?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/cabinetminister_earlofdrumdurris_1.mp3
thanks Scott, now it’s PL ok. :)

As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:
Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia
ScottKelley

Post by ScottKelley »

As for doing edits, I always record all my corrections onto a completely new Audacity file, then noise-clean and amplify if needs be, and then I copy/paste the bits into the right spots in my masterfile. I found this to be the easiest way.

You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:
Scott Kelley
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ScottKelley wrote:You have to make corrections??? I don't believe that for a second! :lol:
oh, where did you hear the myth of the infallible Kitty ? All lies, I assure you. :lol:

You would be surprised to hear my initial unedited recording. :shock: Just like Todd, I usually end up with almost double the running time than later the edited and cleaned file. There's hard work going into it all to make it sound so effortless.

I am always in awe of people who can do it almost flawlessly.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Well, I don't know if Kitty ever makes an error, but I know I do. My raw recordings are usually 50% longer than my final files. Still, after 6 years. Now some of the errors aren't really wrong - they might be attempts are different voices or inflection, breaks for page scrolling (to avoid mouse noise), to wait until the fire truck or ambulance goes by, to have a sip of water - but many of them still are stumbles or wrong words or other actual errors.

I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows) rather then striving for first-say perfection, and accept that I get to edit and make my final file - the only one I share - sound good.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:I try to stay relaxed during recording (to the extent that the character role allows)
I'm afraid, Lord Twombley won't have much of a relaxing role this time.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

You mean, like the Dean in the last play?

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:You mean, like the Dean in the last play?
:lol: you seem to pick 'em

Sonia
Ealswythe

Post by Ealswythe »

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:The Honorable Mrs. Gaylustre has appeared
Kitty, I've got you now. Try not to squirm too much.
:twisted:
Ah Mrs Gaylustre (I wouldn’t know about “honourable”… :roll: ).

Linda, as I thought, you have an absolute knack for the female villain :thumbs: you and Chris (a.k.a. bush-runner Jo) definitely are two peas of the same pod.

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ? :shock:

I loved the entire performance. And I’m glad I heard it before I recorded my lines, I have some more ideas how to react now. (I will not make it easy on you either, at least not in the first Act, where I still have a semblance of an upper hand :mrgreen: )

Already your first speech is dripping with disdain and jealousy alike. And so far in Act 1 you play the hypocritical-humbleness-card but already in the final couple of lines, when you see that you have Kitty in your grasp, you start to morph into a more evil character. Oh my, what have I let myself into… I can’t wait to see what you will dish out in Act 2. 8-)

Act 1, for now, is totally PL ok

I was wondering about this cough right at the beginning, :lol: but then I found it in the text ! It is rather a bit more than a “little cough” though LOL but a nice effect.

Sonia
Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Todd, is there any librivoxy way we can defend ourselves against these siblings from hell ?
All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Ealswythe wrote:Hahaaha! Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived.... very much like my brother’s resounding “Heah!” Everyone knows when we arrive, if we want them to know. :twisted:
yes I see...subtle is not really in your repertoire, I guess :roll:
ToddHW wrote:All I can suggest is getting all the appropriate parts claimed before the siblings realize I have posted a new play. Which could mean that some of us "nice" people have to play the villains (rather than the fool as I do so often).
the problem is they are so good at it. But I definitely will play a really bad-ass villain one day in here :twisted: I think the Marchioness in Paul Jones wasn't such a nice lady either, come to think of it. :hmm:

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Might I grab Sir Colin on this one?
Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Ealswythe wrote:Yes, my “little” cough is a warning that I have arrived....
Expect the unexpectorated.

No need to mention the seven years in Her Majesty's Time-Sharing Resort at Botany Bay, Sis.

Joe Lebanon
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox