[group] The Life Story of a Black Bear - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 29th, 2017, 12:09 pm

Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 10 - checked with the Checker, and running time 19:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_10_robinson_128kb.mp3

I hope it's ok!

Jim

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 29th, 2017, 6:57 pm

jimsvox4 wrote:Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 10 - checked with the Checker, and running time 19:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_10_robinson_128kb.mp3

I hope it's ok!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Petunia the Perky LibriVox Penguin(a volunteer)Imagewill put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 29th, 2017, 7:01 pm

Here is Chapter 8 of the Black Bear...

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_08_robinson_128kb.mp3

Runs: 19:53

May all the bears life and prosper.

--wa

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 29th, 2017, 7:08 pm

wsraymond wrote:Here is Chapter 8 of the Black Bear...

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_08_robinson_128kb.mp3

Runs: 19:53

May all the bears life and prosper.

--wa
Thanik you.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 30th, 2017, 3:17 am

Thanks Phil!
philchenevert wrote:
jimsvox4 wrote:Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 10 - checked with the Checker, and running time 19:27.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_10_robinson_128kb.mp3

I hope it's ok!

Jim
Thanks Jim. Petunia the Perky LibriVox Penguin(a volunteer)Imagewill put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 30th, 2017, 9:57 am

Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 11 - checked with the Checker, and running time 23:31.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_11_robinson_128kb.mp3

Best wishes!
Jim

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 30th, 2017, 10:14 am

jimsvox4 wrote:Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 11 - checked with the Checker, and running time 23:31.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_11_robinson_128kb.mp3

Best wishes!
Jim
Thank you Jim. Carl, our zombie LV Image will slowly drag these into the magic window for proof listening. (if he doesn't eat them)Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 30th, 2017, 11:22 am

Haha Phil! Between Petunia the Perky Penguin and Zombie Carl, the listener volunteers sure sound an interesting bunch! Lol

Just a quick question: at the end of Black Bear there are four short footnotes. Am I to read these?

Jim

philchenevert wrote:
jimsvox4 wrote:Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 11 - checked with the Checker, and running time 23:31.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_11_robinson_128kb.mp3

Best wishes!
Jim
Thank you Jim. Carl, our zombie LV Image will slowly drag these into the magic window for proof listening. (if he doesn't eat them)Image

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 30th, 2017, 11:54 am

jimsvox4 wrote:Haha Phil! Between Petunia the Perky Penguin and Zombie Carl, the listener volunteers sure sound an interesting bunch! Lol

Just a quick question: at the end of Black Bear there are four short footnotes. Am I to read these?

Jim
No, don't read them. footnotes are optional and usually added at the spot where they would be informative, which in this case would be in other chapters. I don't know why Carl, our LV zombie, image doews not show up? He is a cute guy. :hmm:
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 30th, 2017, 3:05 pm

Thanks and Duh! In future I'll read the footnotes first and add them to the story!

Yes, strange that Carl's image doesn't open - perhaps a zombie ate it! ;-)

philchenevert wrote:
jimsvox4 wrote:Haha Phil! Between Petunia the Perky Penguin and Zombie Carl, the listener volunteers sure sound an interesting bunch! Lol

Just a quick question: at the end of Black Bear there are four short footnotes. Am I to read these?

Jim
No, don't read them. footnotes are optional and usually added at the spot where they would be informative, which in this case would be in other chapters. I don't know why Carl, our LV zombie, image doews not show up? He is a cute guy. :hmm:

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » October 31st, 2017, 7:03 am

Hi Phil

Chapter 12 - passed by the Checker, and running time 19:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_12_robinson_128kb.mp3

Best wishes and happy Halloween!
Jim

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » October 31st, 2017, 11:26 am

jimsvox4 wrote:Hi Phil

Chapter 12 - passed by the Checker, and running time 19:37

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_12_robinson_128kb.mp3

Best wishes and happy Halloween!
Jim
Thanks, Image Our LV zombie will slowly drag this to the magic window for proof listening.
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

cdobbs7
Posts: 6
Joined: September 21st, 2017, 5:26 pm

Post by cdobbs7 » November 7th, 2017, 4:11 pm

- Chris from Ohio

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17414
Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Location: With my feet in the Bayou
Contact:

Post by philchenevert » November 7th, 2017, 5:08 pm

Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I may sit there looking all nonchalant. But underneath I'm really just loaded with chalant. .

Need Help? More sorta helpful Videos Here

jimsvox4
Posts: 70
Joined: September 24th, 2017, 11:10 am

Post by jimsvox4 » November 12th, 2017, 6:29 am

Hi Phil

Here is Chapter 13 - passed with the following warning:

The file name does not appear to match the ID3 metadata:
The last name does not seem to match the artist ("robinson" versus "").
The section number does not match the title ("13" versus "lifestoryofablackbear_13_robinson").  Help

I'm not sure why this has come up as all the recordings I've sent through (as far as I know!) have been recorded, checked and sent using the same method. The checker also refused to pass it with the [_128kb] ending, so I removed that, and I tried a number of things to get it to pass - and the 'help' button did not help, by the way.

Otherwise it was passed for dB etc. Running time: 27:29.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/lifestoryofablackbear_13_robinson_128kb.mp3

Jim

Post Reply