[COMPLETE] An Exchange of Souls by Barry Pain

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 15 is PL ok. You have a good streak here right now 8-) I always like when Vulsame shows up and gets abused for his troubles LOL (I know, I'm mean :twisted: )

Countdown, only 3 sections left. They will probably be spent in the countryside. I really wonder what the ending twist will be. Myas dead and Alice alive ? Both dead ? Or Myas staying in Alice's body ? :hmm:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

And the countdown continues. The final one will be a lengthy one though.

Chapter 16 has been posted, ready for PL at your leisure.

Thanks! :D
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: what a cliffhanger again ! What disaster happened now on the railway ? ! What had happened to Myas-Lade on there ? Because I'm sure he is involved. And all this saved for the final chapter of the book. I'm hooked.

and now to my one PL note:

> at 0:47: (p. 200) "and was of a reddish-brown colour" - now this little blooper made my day. You gave me a mighty good chuckle here when you said: "red dish". I thought, "yes this is Roger back to being hungry and thinking about food." :mrgreen:
I agree, it was probably unfortunate to break the word into two syllables at the end of the line, but I still think that in our case, "reddish-brown hair" makes more sense than "red dish-brown". :hmm:

My favourite PL note for this project :9:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

:oops: How embarrassing.
And how did I miss that during editing? Oh well, at least we both got a good laugh about it. What is it about food that I keep doing silly things like this? :lol:

Thanks, and chapter 16 has been re-uploaded, ready for a spot check.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Oh well, at least we both got a good laugh about it. What is it about food that I keep doing silly things like this? :lol:
LOL I don't know, but there is a pattern :mrgreen: well, it makes things interesting for me.

thanks, nicely patched now and PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

A fairly short chapter 17 has now been posted.
Hopefully, no food items that don't belong. :lol:

Thanks! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

no food bloopers ;) and all perfectly PL ok this time. But what an anti- climax :evil: So the author simply evades the difficult intrigue in the end by prosaically killing Myas in a train accident ? What a let-down. Well there is still a Post-script, so I'm in hopes he will have some final highlights in store after all.

Looking forward to the rest. At this rate, I guess by next weekend this project will be finished :9:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Whew! :mrgreen:

The final section has at last been completed. I found it quite interesting.

Section 18, uploaded and posted. And a special thanks for the help with the Latin bit.
Enjoy! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:The final section has at last been completed. I found it quite interesting.
:shock: 46 minutes !!! What happened there ?

Ok, I'm about to go to bed now (midnight here), but will tackle this in the morning. Before you wake up, you'll have my comments :D

good night for now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, a spooky ending. The parts with the voice on the telephone and the ghosts in the garden really gave me the shivers. I'm glad I didn't listen to this last night before going to bed. :? I have quite a vivid imagination and saw all these scenes like in a movie.

So, we will never know what really happened, but the conclusion is not unsatisfactory. I like the ending.

(oh and Vulsame in his Saul-to-Paul conversion remains just as annoying as before. Typical for him he would become a religious zealot now. Such people never change :roll: )

Well read once again :thumbs: (nice job on the Latin too :) )

I have 4 notes this time though (well, it was 4 times longer, so this is the usual norm LOL)

> at 16:54: (p. 230) “That is, I suppose, the regulation thing, the accepted theory” – you say “regular thing”. I must admit, I’m not entirely sure whether there is a significant difference in these two meanings in this case, so I leave it up to you whether you want to change it or not. :hmm:

> at 17:42: (p. 231) “No, my dear fellow, but unconscious memory does.” - you say “conscious” but here, the author definitely means the opposite. Especially because he mentions it again in the next sentences

> at 29:02: (p. 241) “So as my man was putting out my clothes next morning” – this is not very clear and I hear more “putting on my clothes”, which makes it quite funny. :lol: I listened to it a few times, also louder, and probably you said “out”, but I really don’t hear it clearly and my ears pick up “on” more readily.

> at 41:10: (p. 252) “but he wore that flowing necktie” – you say “flowering”, which is a bit odd for a tie :mrgreen:

and that's it. Only a few corrections away from archiving this great book. :9:

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks for the quick turnaround.
Of the four recommendations, I have fixed three of them.
When I listened to (29:02) "So as my man was putting out my clothes...", it sounded OK to me, so I left it alone.
The other three have been patched, and the file has been re-uploaded, ready for a spot PL.

I enjoyed this story. Excellent recommendation! Vulsame's character was a bit peculiar but well drawn out by the author, and I like your analogy of his "Saul-to-Paul" conversion. :lol: Perfect!

Thanks again so much! I'll check back in later (not receiving e-mails yet) and make sure the patches are satisfactory.
If they are, then Bev can take over and do her magic. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:I'll check back in later (not receiving e-mails yet) and make sure the patches are satisfactory.
If they are, then Bev can take over and do her magic. :clap:
everything PL ok now :clap:

thank you so much for picking up my recommendation and reading this book for me (and the rest of the world now of course)

This project can get archived. Excellent addition to our collection. :9:

Sonia
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Completion noted. I will hopefully catalogue in the next couple of days. If it gets to a week and it's not done yell at me!
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Roger

Post by Roger »

:shock: Bev, I would never yell at you! :shock:
I might just send a friendly nudge via PM or this thread though. (Hopefully the e-mail function will be working by then....)

Seriously, whenever you get to it is fine with me.
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

:lol: Ok, nudge me!

I don't subscribe to threads anymore. I found it a nuisance if I happened to read a thread when not logged in, and then new posts were made I wouldn't get a notification because the software, of course, didn't know I'd read the last one. I just use the forum bookmarks now. I check my bookmark list each time I log in and click on the orange icons.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart