[COMPLETE]The Wild Huntress by Mayne Reid-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
JanisHopkins
Posts: 21
Joined: October 16th, 2017, 6:30 pm

Post by JanisHopkins » December 13th, 2017, 12:25 pm

I would like to take chapters 88 thru 92

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 14th, 2017, 1:31 pm

JanisHopkins wrote:I would like to take chapters 88 thru 92

Chapters 88-92 are yours, thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » December 15th, 2017, 6:00 pm

Here is Chapter 84



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time: 7:38.5

I have an iMac. Its fan seems to run practically all the time and so I go ahead and record despite the considerable fan noice that gets recorded. I spend much more time with noise reduction and silencing spaces between words than I do recording and editing the text :evil: :evil: :evil:
Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 15th, 2017, 8:38 pm

Shasta wrote:Here is Chapter 84



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time: 7:38.5

I have an iMac. Its fan seems to run practically all the time and so I go ahead and record despite the considerable fan noice that gets recorded. I spend much more time with noise reduction and silencing spaces between words than I do recording and editing the text :evil: :evil: :evil:

Have you tried to use canned air to spray out the fan? Whenever my laptop fan starts to get obnoxious, I just spray it out and the fan doesn't run so loud. Basically, the fan is working harder because there is a lot of lint and gunk in there. I hope that helps!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » December 16th, 2017, 4:22 pm

Here is Chapter 85



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time:12:29.5



I thought I might get a fan break by shutting the computer fully off and letting it cool down so as to give me a leg up when I booted it up again, but that did't work. I even draped some ice packets over the top of the computer. Didn't help. I'll try to figure out how to flush the vent opening with bursts of air. Where do you buy canned air? I might be able to use a bicycle pump. I am inclined to doubt that it is gunk. I think there is an Apple Forum site I could go to and perhaps get some help.
Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 16th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Shasta wrote:Here is Chapter 85



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time:12:29.5



I thought I might get a fan break by shutting the computer fully off and letting it cool down so as to give me a leg up when I booted it up again, but that did't work. I even draped some ice packets over the top of the computer. Didn't help. I'll try to figure out how to flush the vent opening with bursts of air. Where do you buy canned air? I might be able to use a bicycle pump. I am inclined to doubt that it is gunk. I think there is an Apple Forum site I could go to and perhaps get some help.
You should be able to buy canned air at Wal Mart, or at an office supply store. I don't know if a bicycle pump would work. Canned air pushed air through your fan at a pretty high rate, and when I spray out my fan, I spray it through the intake and back out the exhaust to loosen up all the lint. Do check with the Apple forum site to see if anyone else has any other ideas.
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 18th, 2017, 7:46 pm

Chapters 84 and 85 are PL OK! I do hear the hissing when you speak, but it's not too bad to where I would tell you to fix it. I hope you can figure out the fan thing!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

fshort
Posts: 560
Joined: June 20th, 2011, 7:02 pm
Location: Woodstock, VT. USA

Post by fshort » December 22nd, 2017, 6:54 pm

May I record Chapter 93 titled the Bloody Bride? If this is taken somehow, perhaps I could do the next open chapter.
Florence Short
… Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose...
Janis Joplin -
Lyrics

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 22nd, 2017, 8:04 pm

fshort wrote:May I record Chapter 93 titled the Bloody Bride? If this is taken somehow, perhaps I could do the next open chapter.

Chapter 93 is yours, thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

johnb2
Posts: 1136
Joined: September 10th, 2011, 9:41 am
Location: Ohio

Post by johnb2 » December 23rd, 2017, 12:33 pm

Happy and Merry, Ann


I would like to do chapters 94 A Rough Drag and 95 Assuming the Disguise


john

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 23rd, 2017, 8:25 pm

johnb2 wrote:Happy and Merry, Ann


I would like to do chapters 94 A Rough Drag and 95 Assuming the Disguise


john

Happy and Merry to you too, John!

Chapters 94 and 95 are yours, thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » December 28th, 2017, 5:48 pm

Russ Bruno

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » December 28th, 2017, 5:50 pm

I could do 96, 97, and 98
Russ Bruno

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22034
Joined: March 3rd, 2009, 3:46 pm
Location: California

Post by icequeen » December 28th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Shasta wrote:Here is Chapter 86.


https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time: 11:40
Shasta wrote:I could do 96, 97, and 98

Sections 96, 97 and 98 are yours! Thank you!
Ann

"Qui res mundi vellet scire linguam Latinam cognoscat."

Shasta
Posts: 417
Joined: February 11th, 2017, 8:55 pm

Post by Shasta » December 29th, 2017, 6:20 pm

Here is Chapter 96



https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/w ... _128kb.mp3 Time: 15:38

I hope you appreciate the fact that my editing includes silencing all stuff in between words and phrases, especially breaths. :9: At age 92 I don't get credit for much other than my longevity.

Russ
Russ Bruno

Post Reply