COMPLETE The Works of Guy de Maupassant Vol III-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Eduard Rochester

Post by Eduard Rochester »

The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume III (of 8), The Viaticum and Other Stories by Henri René Albert Guy de Maupassant (1850 - 1893). Translated by: INFO NOT AVAILABLE

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-works-vol3-by-guy-de-maupassant/
De Maupassant's stories are characterized by economy of style and efficient, effortless dénouements. Many are set during the Franco-Prussian War of the 1870s, describing the futility of war and the innocent civilians who, caught up in events beyond their control, are permanently changed by their experiences. He wrote some 300 short stories, six novels, three travel books and one volume of verse. This volume, published in 1909, is a collection of 50 of de Maupassant's short stories. (Wikipedia)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/17376
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Section [number] of The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume III. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume III by Guy de Maupassant. Section [number], [story title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume III by Guy de Maupassant. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[story title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of Section [number]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Works of Guy de Maupassant, Volume III by Guy de Maupassant."

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  4. Example filename worksv3_##_maupassant_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by Eduard Rochester on September 16th, 2017, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Southern Desert Wind Collective
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

James,

I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.

Just so I'm not missing anything . . . you're reading volume 3, and this will be the first time someone has read a volume from his collected works for LV, right? I see a lot of people reading Maupassant, but no other volumes of his collected works. It's fine to just do this one (and not the whole series), but I want to make sure I get it set up correctly behind the scenes!

MaryAnn
Eduard Rochester

Thanks, MaryAnn, for taking on the MC duty. You are correct; I found no other Maupassant volumes in the Librivox library. I could have just as easily started with Volumes I or II, but in my research, this one came up first, and I like many of the stories in it. Hopefully, I'll inspire someone to take on another volume, or perhaps I'll do another one myself later on.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

James,
I've advertised for a DPL
MaryAnn
Eduard Rochester

OK, thanks.
Sir Eduard Rochester
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
bandbw123

Post by bandbw123 »

Hi,
Are you still needing a DPL?
I am available if you are.

Regards,
Betsy
Eduard Rochester

Betsy, if you have the time, I would definitely appreciate your help. I guess you'll have to wait for MaryAnn to get this message, but welcome aboard.
Sir Eduard Rochester
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Betsy,
I've added you to the MW. I'll go and unstickie the advert next.
MaryAnn
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester
bandbw123

Post by bandbw123 »

Hi,
Off to a great start! Section 1 is PL OK.

Regards,
Betsy

:clap:
bandbw123

Post by bandbw123 »

Hi James,
Section 2 is PL OK.

Regards,
Betsy :clap:
Eduard Rochester

Sir Eduard Rochester