[COMPLETE]Jefferson Bible, Thomas Jefferson-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

The Jefferson Bible by Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-jefferson-bible-the-life-and-morals-of-jesus-of-nazareth-by-thomas-jefferson/

This is an abandoned solo, lovingly brought back from the brink as a group project!

The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, was a book constructed by Thomas Jefferson in the later years of his life by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine. (Summary adapted fromWikipedia)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=uc1.32106000183712;view=1up;seq=7
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================
      This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
      [*] Project Code: 0tN76k2n

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Thomas Jefferson) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Jefferson
      [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Bible
      [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 7
      [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
      [*]Original publication date (if known):
      [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
    ============================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: Thomas Jefferson

============================================
    [/size]
  • BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
    Channels: 1 (Mono)
    Bit Rate: 128 kbps
    Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
  • DURING recording:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
    START of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of The Jefferson Bible. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Jefferson Bible, by Thomas Jefferson. [Chapter]"

END of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Jefferson Bible, by Thomas Jefferson. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
  • AFTER recording
    Need noise-cleaning?
    Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
    Save files as
    128 kbps MP3
    jeffersonbible_#_jefferson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. jeffersonbible_1_jefferson_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
    Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
    No tags required for this project.

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
[/list]
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, we are open for business! This is a solo project that the soloist is not able to finish. He has requested that I open it up as a group project to get it into the catalog. I am hoping this will be a quick project, especially since there are only 4 sections left. I think we could get this done! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Readers Wanted!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
jblankenship83

Post by jblankenship83 »

If it's available, I'd like to read section 3 (XXV - XXXVI)
Jesse Blankenship
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

jblankenship83 wrote:If it's available, I'd like to read section 3 (XXV - XXXVI)

Section 3 is yours! Thanks Jesse!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
jblankenship83

Post by jblankenship83 »

I'm assuming I should read each chapter number as I get to a new chapter... but what about the verses? Should I acknowledge them (seems clunky), or just read each chapter as though it were any other book? Sorry if this is something basic that I should know... but I just want to be sure.
Jesse Blankenship
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Please ask as many questions that you need to ask! It is the only way to make sure you are doing things the way they need to be done. Yes, read the chapter numbers, but not the verse numbers. You are right, it would be a little strange if you read the verse numbers. Thank you for asking!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
benderca

Post by benderca »

I could read Section 4 XXXVII - XLVI if it's available.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

benderca wrote:I could read Section 4 XXXVII - XLVI if it's available.

Section 4 is yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

May I read section 05?

Mike
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

2peltons wrote:May I read section 05?

Mike

Of course! Thanks Mike!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

I am almost finished with section 05, if you don't mind I would like to read the last section.

Mike
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

2peltons wrote:I am almost finished with section 05, if you don't mind I would like to read the last section.

Mike

That would be lovely! Thanks Mike!

Moving on to Readers Found! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

2peltons wrote:Here is chapter 05 with a time of 28:35.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jeffersonbible_05_jefferson_128kb.mp3

Mike
Thanks Mike!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!