COMPLETE [poetry] A Collection of Ballads by Andrew Lang -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

May I have section 34 please, Sir Roland?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

sure, thank you!
Carolin
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

You are very welcome! I will start on it now. Santa brought me some new gear and this will be the first go with it. :clap: :9:
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Section 119. 5:24. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/ba ... _128kb.mp3. Remind me never to read old English text before dictionary's were invented. :oops:
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

PL OK for:

sect 26 Cospatrick
sect 27 Johnnie Armstrang
sect 28 Edom o’ Gordon

:clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

PL notes for:

sect 32 Fair Annie

1-I hear background noise, :25, 1:59-2:10, 2:16-to the end; maybe noise reduction could help.

2-Please increase the silence at the end to 5 seconds.

Vaishnavi, now the good news, I enjoyed listening to your reading. I hope to hear more from you. :clap:
Last edited by HZFerr on January 1st, 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Helen

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you helen :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Magicman, something must have gone wrong, this project does not have 119 sections :hmm:
Carolin
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Carolin wrote:Magicman, something must have gone wrong, this project does not have 119 sections :hmm:
I was a victim of the dreaded Picnic. Problem In Chair Not In Computer! I will resubmit. :oops:
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

I knew it was going to be a bad day yesterday. I woke up and could only remember 25 letters of the alphabet and I don't know why.

Section 34. 5:24. https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/ba ... _128kb.mp3
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 34 Sir Roland

PL OK

Well read. :clap:
Helen

MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

HZFerr wrote:sect 34 Sir Roland

PL OK

Well read. :clap:
Well, I would have lost money on that bet. I was really expecting someone to politely say, thanks for taking the time to read it, but we can't use it due to pronunciation. LOL. After spending 45 mins online looking up some of those words, I just gave up and threw caution into the wind. You made my day!! :9:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Awesome, thank you!

Magicman, we generally dont correct the pronunciation of readers. This is because our readers include native speakers from all parts of the world and non-native speakers with accents. Also, a lot of our dpls are not confident in correcting readers, as they themselves may not be sure their pronunciation would be correct :)
Edited to add later: i just noticed that my message might be read like there was something wrong with your pronunciation, thats not the case! I only like to explain and add background whenever i can :thumbs:
Carolin
MagicMan

Post by MagicMan »

Carolin wrote:Awesome, thank you!

Magicman, we generally dont correct the pronunciation of readers. This is because our readers include native speakers from all parts of the world and non-native speakers with accents. Also, a lot of our dpls are not confident in correcting readers, as they themselves may not be sure their pronunciation would be correct :)
Edited to add later: i just noticed that
my message might be read like there was something wrong with your pronunciation
, thats not the case! I only like to explain and add background whenever i can :thumbs:
I promise you, that never entered my mind. I have a dictionary that I go to often to listen to words I have to pronounce and don't know how. I thought the text was old English. The PL sent me a funny PM telling me that it was actually old Scottish. It is hard to pronounce a word when it is spelled like "elugibw".

It got to the point that I started cracking myself up trying to say the words. I would lay down the track, go back and listen and just think, this does not even make sense. It was only when I started to relax and have some fun with the words that it went smooth. I just kept telling myself that I was making up a new language. I laugh at myself a lot when I record words I can't pronounce.

:mrgreen: :thumbs: :mrgreen: