COMPLETE-grp/fiction Moods by Louisa May Alcott-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Linda,
well that depends on how long they are. If the whole recording would be less then 70 minutes, of course I would prefer that you record them as a part of chapter 21. But if you see it crosses this line, please let us know and we would add another section. Thanks in advance,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav wrote: February 4th, 2018, 4:32 pm Hi Linda,
well that depends on how long they are. If the whole recording would be less then 70 minutes, of course I would prefer that you record them as a part of chapter 21. But if you see it crosses this line, please let us know and we would add another section. Thanks in advance,
Stav.
Hi Stav - I am only at 30 minutes read time for Chapter 21 so I will just record them onto the end. No problems!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi ladies -

I have finished Chapter 21 and decided not to record the items at the end. They were really just advertisements for other books and not that interesting in my opinion. If you want them recorded when this is PL'd and someone else can look at their content I would be happy to do it.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_21_alcott_128kb.mp3 - 32:37

Have a good evening -
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot, Linda. No, we do not record advertisements for other books, even though they often appear at the end of etexts. I think it was comon at that time. Thanks for your contribution.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Sorry to all for the delay. Minor family emergency, but I should have all your sections PL'd this weekend.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapters 16 and 20 are PL OK.
Arlene
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Hi, here is Chapter 3. Please let me know if it needs to be redone. I used all the tools I am aware of, including Checker, which show it to be at 88.4dB, and listening to it, it sounded OK to me, but looking at the wavelengths in Audacity, some parts just did not seem like they were loud enough.
Thanks!
Laura

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_03_alcott_128kb.mp3
38 mins, 09 secs
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 3 is fine, except for the volume problem that you mention. It's not the whole file, and I don't think you should re-record it, as it's read so beautifully. But could you increase the volume on the first 1:38 of it? You'd want to stop at a paragraph break, and not exactly at 1:38, but after that point, the volume is fine.
Arlene
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Thanks, Arlene, esp. for your kind words about my recording. I think I have raised the volume sufficiently in the 1st 1.38mins, and if I did it correctly, it was much easier to do than I thought.
Laura

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_03_alcott_128kb.mp3
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

ArleneJoyce wrote: February 12th, 2018, 6:54 pm Chapters 16 and 20 are PL OK.
Hi! Can I please get Chapter 20 updated?

Thanks!
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Done. :oops:
Arlene
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Arlene!
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks.