COMPLETE-grp/fiction Moods by Louisa May Alcott-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks, Arlene. Did you notice that Jay Fox submitted section 5? I saw no pl notes for it. Is it pl-ok?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

ArleneJoyce wrote: April 28th, 2018, 6:02 pm Jenny, chapter 5 is PL OK. Thank you!!

Linda, chapters 9 and 11 are fine, except for the "header" part of the recording. Can you insert "Chapter 9" and "Chapter 11" right before the chapter title? Then they will be the same as all the other recordings. Thanks!

Ok, saw this just now. Thank you. Sorry for missing that.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Here is Chapter 13- please let me know if it needs any adjustments (I hope not!)
Laura

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_13_alcott_128kb.mp3
41mins, 49 secs
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Laura,
thanks for all your hard work on this book. You are amazing. I hope to see you around soon.
Stav.
rieyrules

Post by rieyrules »

Thank you Stav, you certainly will see me around! I LOVE reading! Might take a break for a few months- studying for certification, and will probably take the test sometime in July, so after that...
Laura
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Chapter 13 is PL OK. Thanks, Laura!

That leaves us with just a couple of chapters that need some edits.
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot, Arlene. Look, both readers are not around, so I suggest cataloguing the book as is. Sometimes things are not perfect. What ever you or Amy can and want to eddet is great, but if not, then that would have to do.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Stav,
I did the edits. The only on I couldn't do was the missing phrase. It sounded so out of place when I pasted it in that I think it is better without it.

Please spot check these, Helen.
Your PL notes are pasted below:
Chapter 12 needs a little editing work. Both the header and footer say "Chapter 7", but it's "Chapter 12". The header needs to be much longer:
"Chapter 12 of Moods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Moods , by Louisa May Alcott . Chapter 12. Wedding."
Also, at 2:17, the entire phrase in parenthesis is missing. (Hugh slops so, and he's such a fidget, I took it myself)

11:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_12_alcott_128kb.mp3

In chapter 17, there is a repeat at 17:41. It sounds like a correction, so you'll want to back up a couple of seconds -- "strong-hearted Warwick wept like a child". Very lovely reading! Since you're going to be editing anyway, take a listen at 00:43. There is a fade-out you might want to fix. But it's a small thing, and I wouldn't have called it out if you weren't already going to be editing the chapter.

27:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_17_alcott_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

alg1001 wrote: May 19th, 2018, 7:34 am Hi Stav,
I did the edits. The only on I couldn't do was the missing phrase. It sounded so out of place when I pasted it in that I think it is better without it.

Please spot check these, Arlene.
Your PL notes are pasted below:
Chapter 12 needs a little editing work. Both the header and footer say "Chapter 7", but it's "Chapter 12". The header needs to be much longer:
"Chapter 12 of Moods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
"Moods , by Louisa May Alcott . Chapter 12. Wedding."
Also, at 2:17, the entire phrase in parenthesis is missing. (Hugh slops so, and he's such a fidget, I took it myself)

11:06
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_12_alcott_128kb.mp3

In chapter 17, there is a repeat at 17:41. It sounds like a correction, so you'll want to back up a couple of seconds -- "strong-hearted Warwick wept like a child". Very lovely reading! Since you're going to be editing anyway, take a listen at 00:43. There is a fade-out you might want to fix. But it's a small thing, and I wouldn't have called it out if you weren't already going to be editing the chapter.

27:20
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/moods_17_alcott_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
ArleneJoyce

Post by ArleneJoyce »

Thanks, Amy! Both are marked PL OK, and we're ready for cataloging!
Arlene
---------------------------------------------
Every day is a new adventure!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Great! I will start cataloging.
Thanks!
Amy
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

It was a very nice project. Hope to work with you more soon. Have fun and thank you all for everything. A speshal thanks to Arlene and Amy for your kindness and dedication. Both of you are excellent.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Stav!

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/moods-by-louisa-may-alcott/
Congratulations, All! :clap: