[Complete] War Stories for my Grandchildren - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
jenno
Posts: 1108
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:52 pm
Location: Chichester NSW Australia

Post by jenno » February 11th, 2018, 3:43 pm

I am so sorry to be causing so much work for you all! Changing computers is not fun !

Here is section 7 again., https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_07_foster_128kb.mp3

duration 24.43

I do hope it is right this time. I will not take on any more readings until I know this is OK. That will mean my system is back to normal !!

Cheers


Jennifer

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 11th, 2018, 3:58 pm

jenno wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 3:43 pm
I am so sorry to be causing so much work for you all! Changing computers is not fun !

Here is section 7 again., https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_07_foster_128kb.mp3

duration 24.43

I do hope it is right this time. I will not take on any more readings until I know this is OK. That will mean my system is back to normal !!

Cheers


Jennifer
Thank you
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

HKVirgil
Posts: 8
Joined: March 28th, 2017, 11:46 am

Post by HKVirgil » February 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 12th, 2018, 3:45 am

HKVirgil wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm
Here's my first stab at section 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_11_foster_128.mp3

length 25:38
Thank you
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

rrobinson84
Posts: 74
Joined: February 6th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Location: Vermont, USA

Post by rrobinson84 » February 12th, 2018, 4:20 am

I'd like to claim section 8, guerrilla warfare in Kentucky. Looking forward to reading a chapter of first-person non- fiction!

I noticed a few garbled words/phrases in the manuscript. How shall I handle these?
Robert Robinson

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 12th, 2018, 4:44 am

rrobinson84 wrote:
February 12th, 2018, 4:20 am
I'd like to claim section 8, guerrilla warfare in Kentucky. Looking forward to reading a chapter of first-person non- fiction!

I noticed a few garbled words/phrases in the manuscript. How shall I handle these?
Thank you for claiming.
If it looks like a simple typo, it's OK to read it as you think it should be. If it is illegible or totally nonsensical, say " there follows a sentence/paragraph/section that is illegible in the manuscript" then pick up after the offending passage.
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10885
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » February 12th, 2018, 8:23 am

jenno wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 3:43 pm
I am so sorry to be causing so much work for you all! Changing computers is not fun !

Here is section 7 again., https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_07_foster_128kb.mp3

duration 24.43

I do hope it is right this time. I will not take on any more readings until I know this is OK. That will mean my system is back to normal !!

Cheers


Jennifer
This is PL OK! :thumbs:

HKVirgil wrote:
February 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm
Here's my first stab at section 11:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_11_foster_128.mp3

length 25:38
Nicely read! :clap: Just two small issues: Section 11 is actually Chapter 8 (because some of the preceding chapters are divided), so it needs to be "Chapter 8" in the intro (00:00 and 00:20) and outro (25:27).
And it's a little too soft in volume; it would need around 8dB more. Are you familiar with how to amplify without clipping?
When you re-upload, take care that the filename is warstoriesformygrandchildren_11_foster_128kb.mp3 :wink:

HKVirgil
Posts: 8
Joined: March 28th, 2017, 11:46 am

Post by HKVirgil » February 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm


Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 12th, 2018, 3:06 pm

HKVirgil wrote:
February 12th, 2018, 12:07 pm
Edited section 11: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/warstoriesformygrandchildren_11_foster_128kb.mp3

duration 25:37
Thank you
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 10885
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 3:47 am

Post by Rapunzelina » February 12th, 2018, 4:00 pm

Section 11 is PL OK!

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 16829
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 14th, 2018, 5:43 am

Lynne,
May I read 9 and 10?
MaryAnn
Join us to MARCH to the finish line by completing as many projects as we can during March! This thread tracks our progress and lists projects in need of readers/PLers.

My Librivox solos

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 14th, 2018, 9:21 am

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
February 14th, 2018, 5:43 am
Lynne,
May I read 9 and 10?
MaryAnn
You certainly may :mrgreen:
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

RonBroachVoiceOver
Posts: 22
Joined: February 13th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver » February 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm

I would like to try Chapter/Section 12 Appendix - Indiana Soldiers' Monument and Military Service of John W. Foster
Thanks, Ron

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 22813
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 17th, 2018, 8:12 pm

RonBroachVoiceOver wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm
I would like to try Chapter/Section 12 Appendix - Indiana Soldiers' Monument and Military Service of John W. Foster
Thanks, Ron
All yours. Please note the special outro for the end of the book.
March to the Finish Line:
We're having a big push to complete projects. Please consider helping out before you start a new project!

March to the Finish Line

RonBroachVoiceOver
Posts: 22
Joined: February 13th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Post by RonBroachVoiceOver » February 18th, 2018, 9:27 am

Lynnet wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 8:12 pm
RonBroachVoiceOver wrote:
February 17th, 2018, 4:41 pm
I would like to try Chapter/Section 12 Appendix - Indiana Soldiers' Monument and Military Service of John W. Foster
Thanks, Ron
All yours. Please note the special outro for the end of the book.
Thanks. I see the outro for the book on the 1st post. I have a question - this has a lot of legal disclaimers from Gutenberg after the end of the book. Does that need to be read or should I stop at the end of the book text?

Post Reply