[COMPLETE]The Double Life of Mr. Alfred Burton

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 14th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Haha lol that's probably the most unique catalog name I've heard. BTW, this is also the name you'll say when you do the intro of each section you read: "Recording by Pseudonymous Nerd"

Ealswythe
Posts: 793
Joined: June 19th, 2017, 4:35 pm
Location: Los Angeles, by way of New York City

Post by Ealswythe » October 16th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Hi!
Because of work this month, I haven’t been able to record much in my projects. I’ll be back to recording in November. Thank you for your patience!
Linda
Le silence va plus vite à reculons.

https://librivox.org/reader/11772

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 17th, 2017, 9:07 pm

I would like to read section 14...
Thank you.
--wa

mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 17th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Ealswythe wrote:Hi!
Because of work this month, I haven’t been able to record much in my projects. I’ll be back to recording in November. Thank you for your patience!
Linda
No problem! Thanks a lot!

mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 17th, 2017, 9:36 pm

wsraymond wrote:I would like to read section 14...
Thank you.
--wa
I'm terribly sorry, Wayne, but it looks like, for the second time in less than a week, I thought so hard about updating the MW that I convinced myself I had already done it! :lol: :roll: Section 14 had already been claimed by another reader. I have now updated it to reflect that. Can I interest you in section 15?

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 18th, 2017, 6:43 am

OK, I will take 15.
Thank you.
--wa

DannahDino
Posts: 34
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by DannahDino » October 21st, 2017, 12:46 am

I'd like 21 and 22

mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 21st, 2017, 5:45 am

DannahDino wrote:I'd like 21 and 22
Hi Susannah, and welcome! You are welcome to read those sections, but I am out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to update the MW (magic window) for a few days.

Also, I see you have submitted your one-minute test. That's a great start! However, it appears there are still some technical issues on that test that you'll need to fix. Please address those and make sure you get your ok on the test before beginning work on this project.

Again, welcome aboard! :thumbs:

DannahDino
Posts: 34
Joined: October 17th, 2017, 8:33 pm
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by DannahDino » October 21st, 2017, 7:39 am

mightyfelix wrote:
Hi Susannah, and welcome! You are welcome to read those sections, but I am out of town this weekend, so I won't be able to update the MW (magic window) for a few days.

Also, I see you have submitted your one-minute test. That's a great start! However, it appears there are still some technical issues on that test that you'll need to fix. Please address those and make sure you get your ok on the test before beginning work on this project.

Again, welcome aboard! :thumbs:
I just got my test approved :D

mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 21st, 2017, 10:15 am

Wonderful!

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 21st, 2017, 9:10 pm


HZFerr
Posts: 4720
Joined: August 17th, 2017, 12:56 pm
Location: Gallifrey

Post by HZFerr » October 27th, 2017, 12:31 pm

sect 15 The Professor Insists

PL OK (great)

But, the recording continues past the end and 5 seconds of silence.

Hope I didn't jump the gun before the mw is posted.
"Ains a year say a prayer faur me
close yir een an remember me." Sgt. Joseph Kilna MacKenzie
POW/MIA we will remember them.

Helen

mightyfelix
Posts: 4390
Joined: August 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Post by mightyfelix » October 27th, 2017, 12:36 pm

HZFerr wrote:sect 15 The Professor Insists

PL OK (great)

But, the recording continues past the end and 5 seconds of silence.

Hope I didn't jump the gun before the mw is posted.
Oh my gosh, Helen, you are totally fine! I don't know why I keep missing things on this project. :oops: I didn't even see that it had been submitted! Can't update MW until later tonight, though. Please shoot me a PM if something else happens on this book and I haven't taken action on it after a day or two.

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 28th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Whoops!
Okay, here it is again, this time with the end cleaned up, I hope.

https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/doublelifeofmralfredburton_15_oppenheim_128kb.mp3

section 15 of The Double Life...

Fingers crossed...

--wa

wsraymond
Posts: 38
Joined: October 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm

Post by wsraymond » October 28th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Section 15.... I don't understand. I removed the extra audio
from my mp3 file and uploaded the shorter version... but when
I click on the link in my message, I am getting the old version
again, with the extra audio... Does it take a while to refresh
with the new version?

Post Reply