COMPLETE[PLAY]2nd Mrs Tanqueray by Arthur Wing Pinero-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Aubrey Act 3 also PL ok. I need to make a note that I extremely liked this whispered "Paula" :9: there was deep-felt emotion in that single word, even though in the rest of the act Aubrey was behaving quite sternly towards his wife. All well acted out.

one Act left...need a break now

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Aubrey Act 2, perfectly PL ok. Ahhh his constant "Paula, dear" sounds sooo patronizing. The marriage is rapidly going downhill.

I decided to change my recording of the name Cortelyon after all. I didn't mind that Beth was saying it differently, because indeed, some people say names differently. But I think as Aubrey knows her so well, they would pronounce it the same way. And especially when he calls her Cortelyon and she immediately repeats her name shocked, it sounds silly if I pronounce it differently in this dialogue.

I'll hand in a new file this evening. I think I only mentioned the name once, so no big corrections required.

Sonia
Drat. I thought I was pronouncing it your way! I guess I should have listened a few more times to your voice credit. Maybe I need to do more memory exercises.

Sorry about the missing lines and messed up words in Act 1....

Hope I got Act 4 correct - don't want you to get any breaks from the action to write PL notes.

Thanks, Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Hope I got Act 4 correct - don't want you to get any breaks from the action to write PL notes.
:shock: wow this entire "curse him" outburst was really powerful stuff 8-) Compare that to the beginning of the act, where he is so incredulous and shocked when Paula tells him she knows Ardale. Really a huge change of mood there.

I don't really see their problem I must admit. So Ardale had an affair with Ellean's stepmother, so what ? That doesn't make him evil. He could well have changed over the years and now be a faithful husband. A lot of spite is going on in this play, in my opinion.

Well, I only found a tiny thing missing here, I'm sorry, I can't let you off the hook right away :(

> at about 3:37: missing sentence: "Yes." (there are two "Yes" in a row, you only said one)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:lol: Sir George has dashed past "tipsy" and is now firmly "sloshed". I love the slur in your voice Alan. And the whiny tone you put on all of a sudden when he is feeling sorry for himself because his family is ostracizing him. Excellent.

Also: PL ok

Only you still forgot to give us a voice credit with "baronet" instead of "bart."

thanks !

Sonia
jpercival

Post by jpercival »

Is Morse ok to be read by a woman? If so I'd like to claim that role.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jpercival wrote:Is Morse ok to be read by a woman? If so I'd like to claim that role.
Jessie, usually all of Todd's plays are gender neutral, so there is no problem with claiming any role. And in this case, Morse isn't even specified to be male or female as far as I can see. Could be a butler, or lady-in-waiting :mrgreen: No dirty-talking in here though, I'm afraid. Seems more of the Jeeves type.

edit: Todd seems to be off the radar for the moment, so I'll just go ahead and put you in the MW myself :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, I reuploaded Act 2 for Cortelyon. Could you check these 3 places please, these are the only sentences I re-spoke with my name conforming to your pronunciation.

> at 0:01: "Mrs Cortelyon, read by Sonia"
> at 0:40: "Mrs Cortelyon !"
> at 1:42: "Aubrey ought to have told you that Alice Cortelyon and he are very old friends."

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_cortelyon_2.mp3
Recording time: 6:19 min.

As far as I can see, these were the only sentences where I speak my own name. I'll put the file back to Spot PL. Sorry for giving you extra work now. :(

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:
jpercival wrote:Is Morse ok to be read by a woman? If so I'd like to claim that role.
Jessie, usually all of Todd's plays are gender neutral, so there is no problem with claiming any role. And in this case, Morse isn't even specified to be male or female as far as I can see. Could be a butler, or lady-in-waiting :mrgreen: No dirty-talking in here though, I'm afraid. Seems more of the Jeeves type.

edit: Todd seems to be off the radar for the moment, so I'll just go ahead and put you in the MW myself :)

Sonia
Welcome Ms, Miss, or Mr Morse. As Sonia says, I always run gender neutral in the plays for all parts.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote:Todd, I reuploaded Act 2 for Cortelyon. Could you check these 3 places please, these are the only sentences I re-spoke with my name conforming to your pronunciation.

> at 0:01: "Mrs Cortelyon, read by Sonia"
> at 0:40: "Mrs Cortelyon !"
> at 1:42: "Aubrey ought to have told you that Alice Cortelyon and he are very old friends."

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_cortelyon_2.mp3
Recording time: 6:19 min.

As far as I can see, these were the only sentences where I speak my own name. I'll put the file back to Spot PL. Sorry for giving you extra work now. :(

Sonia
PL OK! Thanks.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Aubrey corrected, acts 1 and 4.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Aubrey corrected, acts 1 and 4.
Both Acts perfectly corrected and PL ok now

Thanks

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Gordon Jayne, MD, Act 1 completed.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/secondmrstanqueray_jayne_1.mp3

The Doctor applauds our MC's restraint in refraining from any "Me Todd-man. You Jayne" wisecracks.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote:The Doctor applauds our MC's restraint in refraining from any "Me Todd-man. You Jayne" wisecracks.
:lol: maybe the DPL has no such restraints :mrgreen:

jokes aside, Jayne is perfectly played out and nothing is missing, so it's PL ok. Careful, you have a few clippings though, but nothing that will distort your voice, so all is well.

I am looking forward to hearing the 4 men talking together. I bet they will all bring different characters to the mix. You at least have the upper-class snob-voice quite in your register :thumbs:

thanks

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"You at least have the upper-class snob-voice quite in your register."

Permission to write Home to the extended family in Cornwall at once, please Sonia!

For years, we've tried to achieve snob status, but we've always made a complete pig's breakfast of it. (I trust everyone got the Baldrick allusion. :D )

At this rate, Lady Twombley will be begging social-climbing favours from Ms Gaylustre (Anticipatory Pinero reference)

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox