COMPLETE[PLAY]2nd Mrs Tanqueray by Arthur Wing Pinero-thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sonia,

Those were all great suggestions and I have made them. Including giving you the correct voice credit.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Those were all great suggestions and I have made them. Including giving you the correct voice credit.
yes cool, all sounds great now. Act 1 is PL ok, pending one voice credit. I'll make a note in the MW

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote:Act 2 is also ready for final PL. I love the cat fight between Paula and Alice!
I agree the cat fight sounds great. But the ending with Paula starting to be vicious against Tanqueray is quite a grand final for the act as well. :thumbs:

Cayley is again the only ray of sunshine in this rather bleak household. I sympathize with Ellean for wanting to get out of there as fast as possible.

here again, a few suggestions at cutting stage directions, if I may:

> at 5:55: Aubrey laughing mirthlessly – can be cut out

> at 8:54: brightly can be cut out, Beth sounds suitably “forced brightly” enough

> at 13:06: Paula passionately, can be cut

> at 16:16: Paula indignantly, can be cut

> at 42:09: Paula violently – we definitely need to cut that one and let Beth scream it in your face quite rapidly after you speak. That makes for a totally fiery ending of the act :thumbs:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I will make these cuts this evening. Thanks!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Act 4, wonderful finale :clap: wow, what a combination of emotions welling up here. It starts with the light-hearted Orreyeds (both endearingly tipsy I would think :mrgreen: ), but then the situation deteriorates quite fast: Beth is really heart-rending in some of her desperate moments, and also especially when the tone is getting louder in that scene where she is more vicious towards poor Leanne, who plays her role excellently here. Todd, I love your "curse him" speech, it really sounds heartfelt and the contrast with the ever more level-headed Cayley is very noticeable in this scene. Everything super !

Nevertheless, I would cut out two stage directions (sorry :oops: )

> at 11:20: [Breaking down.] -probably optional but I was wondering whether it wouldn't sound more emotional if the stage directions were cut out

> at 18:24: Aubrey [Under his breath.] - this sounds definitely better without interruption

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Does everyone realize that Sonia has been through this play like about 15 times or more? Recording her own part, then following every other part all the way through, and now doing the PL on the assembled acts? I don't know how she can do it and stay so engaged as to catch the nuances that she has. I salute her!!

Uploading the fixed act 2 and act 4 files now.

Thanks so very much for being our DPL, Todd
Roger

Post by Roger »

ToddHW wrote:Does everyone realize that Sonia has been through this play like about 15 times or more? Recording her own part, then following every other part all the way through, and now doing the PL on the assembled acts? I don't know how she can do it and stay so engaged as to catch the nuances that she has. I salute her!!

Thanks so very much for being our DPL, Todd
May I pipe in and salute her as well? Her contributions are indeed remarkable!!
Salute! =====> :clap:
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww guys, thank you :9: :oops:
ToddHW wrote:Does everyone realize that Sonia has been through this play like about 15 times or more?
I didn't even realize it, but I guess it must be. But it doesn't feel the same, listening to the parts than listening to the whole. One notices much more once the thing is assembled.
Uploading the fixed act 2 and act 4 files now.
and both are PL ok now :)

One Act left !!!

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

"Does everyone realize that Sonia has been through this play like about 15 times or more? I salute her."

The Queen of Dramatics PLing should be saluted properly with a volley fired into the air. Permission to issue the tennis-racquets to all hands, Todd? :D

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Image Image Image

Sonia:

Thank you Thank you Thank you! for all your diligence and for putting up with my many faux pas. (Hope you're not allergic to the floral tribute).

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: why the sudden outbreak of applause here ?

guys can you please stop this :oops:

thank you though, it's sweet of you. But I enjoyed every minute of it, and I have to thank Todd for keeping me on the job with such great stage plays. :mrgreen: (he probably doesn't know how to get rid of me now, I believe it's called Stockholm syndrome :hmm: )

Philip: no floral allergies (or any allergies, come to that)

And Chris, I don't want to have tons of tennis balls volleyed at me, if that's what you had in mind now...

Sonia
jasonb

Post by jasonb »

Regards,
Jason (back) in Canada

20 Years in Canada, 20 years in Panama, now returned to Canada for the next stage of my life
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hurray !!! our final character has shown up *does the happy dance* :mrgreen:

thank you Jason, and you portrayed Hugh so excellently :clap: I really love the boyish way he is with Ellean and then how he changes with Paula, first pleading and then angry and even threatening. This scene will be great assembled.

No errors found, nothing missing. You only have a different way of pronouncing Ellean, but I think this even enhances Hugh's special position here. He is the one that conquered Ellean's heart, and he calls her Nelly most of the time, so it would make sense he would have a special way of pronouncing her name, just to be special and different from her other aquaintances. I think we could definitely let this stand like this.

PL ok.

And we can wrap this up. :9:

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Voice credit put in Act 1 at 0:48. Ready for spot check.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Act 3 assembled. I won't be able to groom until tonight.

Thanks, Todd