[Group] Edmund Dulac's Fairy Tales - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 13 has just one mistake:

At 21:27 there is a description of a crime which is "faithlessness to one's parents" but on the audio it sounds like "faithfulness" instead, which would reverse the meaning of the sentence!

It is at the bottom of page 152 if you want to read the whole sentence.
MaryT

Post by MaryT »

Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Elizabby wrote:Chapter 13 has just one mistake:

At 21:27 there is a description of a crime which is "faithlessness to one's parents" but on the audio it sounds like "faithfulness" instead, which would reverse the meaning of the sentence!

It is at the bottom of page 152 if you want to read the whole sentence.
Thanks so much for catching that Elizabby!

Here is the recording back with the fix -
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_13_dulac_128kb.mp3 - 34:34
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 13 is now PL OK! Very smooth edit!

Chapter 6 is also PL OK - lovely reading of a sweet story!
edamerau

Post by edamerau »

Chapter 2 is done:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_02_dulac_128kb.mp3

Runtime: 17:30 (including open and close silences)

Ed Damerau
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Ed! That's all the recording done!

I'll PL this in the next few days.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 12 has just two edits needed:

At 8:04 there is a repeat "at the end of 2 years", the second version is correct so the first can be cut.
At 11:35 the phrase should be "she could do nothing" but there is an extra "not" in there.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 2 is PL OK! Thanks Ed!

We just need one set of corrections and this project is ready for the catalogue!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

I will edit section 12 when I pull myself away from the beach in Maui after I go snorkeling. .. eta of tonight as it is
mine. ?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I'm not going to fuss - it was my fault for taking over 2 weeks to catch up on PLing!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Elizabby!

Back from the beach and looking like a lobster as usual!

Here is Section 12 for you with the edits complete -

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_12_dulac_128kb.mp3 - 12:02

Have a good evening -
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The edits are fine, but why is this file only 12:02 long when the original file was 42:11? Is there a second half somewhere??
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hmmm. That is a mystery Elizabby! I know sometimes when editing and I double click by mistake it highlights more text than I mean to edit but I have never had 1/2 of a recording disappear before!

Is it possible for you to put the original file back up attached to Section 12? Right now the 12 minute one is attached to Section 12 (I downloaded the file tonight and it is not the 42 minute file but 12 minutes instead). I do not have a backup of the 42 minute file anymore as it looks like I overwrote it with the 12 minute file when I did the edits. I might have a backup at home as I am currently on vacation, however I am not due home for another 10 days and I do not have access to my home network from where I am currently.

If you can upload the file again, that way I can download the 42 minute file, do the edits again and re-upload it. I have done that before with Carolin and a different situation so I know that it can be done :)

Many thanks - I will try and update it as soon as you let me know it is re-posted. We took a side trip yesterday so I was not online but I will be now each day now except October 29th.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I think Phil can delete the new Chapter 12 and put the old one back - I don't know how to do that.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Elizabby - Do I need to ask Phil about it or will you? I just do not want this issue to delay the project...

Otherwise I will re-record the Chapter.

Please let me know what you wish me to do.