[Group] Edmund Dulac's Fairy Tales - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Annyiee wrote:Yes they were your videos! I think they're great, this is a learning curve so thanks for taking the time to do those. They're on youtube in case there are other greenhorns reading this post!

Thanks for the flower! :D /Annyiee
You are welcome. My signature always has a link to all of my videos so feel free to browse. I also make little videos for people with specific problems so they can see how I would fix it. Just ask!
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Annyiee, Section 1 is PL OK! Beautiful reading of a touching story! :thumbs:

Just one comment for any future recordings - the filename needs to be 2 digits to allow the files to sort properly. Otherwise "5" comes before "50" and "7" before "70"! The single digit filenames need to be 01, 05 and 07. If there are no other changes you don't need to reupload these, but it does create more work for the MC, as they need to change it, so please bear that in mind for future uploads. If there are any PL notes on the other files, you can upload them with the new filenames.

EDIT: Sections 7 and 11 are also PL OK! That's all the short ones, I'll do the others tomorrow.
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Thanks for for the feedback and pointing out my file name issue, I'll get with the program, I can only imagine how much work you guys have to do, reading is the fun part!

Thanks again/Annyiee
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Elizabby:

Here is the link for Section 15. Running length is 7:02.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_15_dulac_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Section 15 is PL OK! Short and sweet!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hi Anniyee, Section 10 is PL OK, well done for reading such a long section so beautifully and accurately first time through!

Section 5 has all the text, present and correct, but is very soft. Do you usually amplify or compress your recordings? If so, this one needs a bit more! If you need instructions, have a look at the Wiki (top of the page) or post back here.

Also, when you reupload the section, please change the filename to "05" and that will be one less that needs to be changed!

Thanks for all your work!
Annyiee

Post by Annyiee »

Hi and Thanks!

Here is amplified #05(file name corrected). Im not sure what happened with this ones volume, I haven't tried to compress is that better? Trying to figure out just where I can see that the volume is 89.5 which I was told was preferable (I tend to be TOO loud!).

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_05_dulac_128kb.mp3 29m13

Hope this is better/Thanks/Annyiee
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

This is a better volume, thanks!
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Attached is the link to Section 14. The running time is 22:59.

Many thanks,

Philip

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/edmunddulacfairytales_14_dulac_128kb.mp3
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Philip! Chapter 14 is PL OK!
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thank you, Elizabby!

Philip
MaryT

Post by MaryT »

Hi, I'd like to sign up for Part 6 if I may. I've already done a bit of recording for another project, but I'd be happy to send you a 1-minute test if you want one.

Mary Thaler
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Welcome to the project! Yes, you can do that chapter - you only need to do the 1 min test once, just leave the settings on your computer the same and all the other files should be fine!
JoyBaker

Post by JoyBaker »

May I claim Section 8? The Queen of the Many-Coloured Bed-Chamber (Irish)

Thanks!
~ Joy ~
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sure! Welcome to the project!