[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: February 2nd, 2019, 6:56 pm 33 has been repaired and uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_33_ingersoll_128kb.mp
33 is PL OK

One step closer to wrapping up this Ingersoll project. You should be complimented on your persistence.
Glad I could help out a little bit.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 27

10:45 is for eighty four hours. you say forty eight hours.
26:20 Missing sentences: These defendants are being tried before you. They have the right to your honest judgment.
31:26 Missing phrase: and then take the number that would reasonably be used,

Be sure to work from back to front in making additions/deletions, or the timing I have given you will be skewed. You've edited enough to know this by now, so I won't mention it again.

I would like to append the last 4 minutes, from 27:48 through 31:35 (before adding in the missing text) to the beginning of Section 28. This forms a much more logical break in the text than where I originally put it. Either you can do this now or I can do it later with your permission.

I like your use of "Start of Letter" and "End of Letter". It makes the insertions so much easier to follow.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_27_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 28:04

Noted corrections made, and last 4 minutes transferred to the front of section 28.
I totally agree with your suggestion that this be done.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded revised 28

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_28_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 38:55

4 minutes from 27 prepended to front.
An area of microphone-induced noise cleared up.

Ready for PL
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks Bill. Glad you agree on the new division. I'll try to PL this evening or tomorrow. Working on 30 now.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Thanks for your comments and advice.
Please find the following revised version of section 32 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_32_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 [27:47]

In addition to the adjustments made in regard to your comments, I have reworked the following parts due to ambient noises embedded in my voice that I am not able to edit out:
- From 5:12 to 8:05, i.e. from 'Next, on page 1582' to 'Now, what does Boone say on page 1584?', and
- @13:42, the sentence: 'So they stuck them up to him'
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you David. You did some smooth edits there! 32 is PL OK. :thumbs:

I wonder if you might have a little extra time to help me PL Section 29 ….. so we can finally get this project catalogued. I'm working on 27, 28 and 30 myself and Bill is being very patient with me, but it is slow going due to my hectic life at the moment. You're familiar with "the plot", the characters, etc., so it should be easy for you to follow along, and in case you haven't done it before, PL'ing isn't hard. Just cite significant discrepancies, missing or garbled text, repeats, stumbles, etc. It's 31 minutes long. No worries if you can't do it. Just let me know.

Thanks again for participating.
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

No problem, I will try to help, only a bit doubtful whether I am qualified to PL a native English speaker!
msfry

Post by msfry »

DavidReader wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:47 pm No problem, I will try to help, only a bit doubtful whether I am qualified to PL a native English speaker!
Thanks. I understand French just a little, but much better than I speak it . . . . .and I suspect that is true for all 2nd languagers! I am sure you'll do fine.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

DavidReader wrote: February 11th, 2019, 7:47 pm No problem, I will try to help, only a bit doubtful whether I am qualified to PL a native English speaker!
It's clear from your written comments that you have a good understanding of English. I presume your doubt is based upon your having an accent when producing the language. It this is so, it will not affect your PL task. I welcome you to PL my files. I will be grateful. (So will over-worked Michele.)
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reassurance. I really enjoyed listening to your recording.
I have spotted the following minor glitches, though I am not certain if some of them are read deliberately so as to reflect more correctly the intention of the original text. I list them anyway below for your reference:
2:26: ‘instead of seeking a trial’, the word ‘a’ is missing;
4:56: ‘that they conspired instantly’, ‘instant’ is read;
7:22: ‘Do you think that it is within the realm of probability…’, ‘was’ is read instead of ‘is’;
9:16: ‘These people just got around him…’, ‘Those’ is read instead of ‘These’;
10:36: ‘Is it not an absurdity to suppose…’, ‘It is’ is read instead;
15:37: ‘If it was paid to him in person,’, ‘drawn’ is read instead of ‘paid’;
15:59: ‘So that it is absolutely certain that…’, ‘it’ is missing;
16:55: ‘...Stephen W. Dorsey was wanting just at that time…’, ‘the’ is read instead of ‘that’;
20:41: ‘Mr. Bliss at least, admits to this jury’, the word ‘that’ is interposed and read between ‘admit’ and ‘to’;
22:07: ‘…and particularly as at the time when…’, ‘that’ is read instead of ‘the’;
22:43: ‘How did he find that out?’, ‘that’ is missing;
23:01: ‘Has it shrunk to this measure…’, ‘It has’ are read instead of ‘Has it’;
23:27: ‘,the proceeds of which were taken by Mr. Dorsey to Mr. Brady.’, “Mr.’ is missing;
24:06: ‘Mr. Dorsey stating to him that…’, ‘state’ is read instead of ‘stating’;
24:28: ‘Probably that part of the statement,’, the word ‘is’ is interposed and read between ‘that’ and ‘part’;
24:46: ‘But it is not in evidence here.’, ‘that’ is read instead of ‘it’;
24:49: ‘Now, we brought all the checks that we had given on Middleton’s bank,’, the word ‘been’ is interposed and read between ‘had’ and ‘given’;
25:07: ‘Among those checks was this one for…’, ‘the’ is read instead of ‘this’;
25:19: ‘I asked the gentlemen to pick out the checks;’, ‘up’ is read instead of ‘out’;
25:22: ‘;they did not do it.’, ‘would’ is read instead of ‘did’;
25:31: ‘,the Government could have produced the books…’, ‘would’ is read instead of ‘could’
29:59: ‘…dream that her husband’s safety depended on any book…’, ‘upon’ is read instead of ‘on’;
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

DavidReader wrote: February 12th, 2019, 8:36 pm Hi Bill,
Thanks for your reassurance. I really enjoyed listening to your recording.
I have spotted the following minor glitches, though I am not certain if some of them are read deliberately so as to reflect more correctly the intention of the original text. I list them anyway below for your reference:
2:26: ‘instead of seeking a trial’, the word ‘a’ is missing;
4:56: ‘that they conspired instantly’, ‘instant’ is read;
7:22: ‘Do you think that it is within the realm of probability…’, ‘was’ is read instead of ‘is’;
9:16: ‘These people just got around him…’, ‘Those’ is read instead of ‘These’;
10:36: ‘Is it not an absurdity to suppose…’, ‘It is’ is read instead;
15:37: ‘If it was paid to him in person,’, ‘drawn’ is read instead of ‘paid’;
15:59: ‘So that it is absolutely certain that…’, ‘it’ is missing;
16:55: ‘...Stephen W. Dorsey was wanting just at that time…’, ‘the’ is read instead of ‘that’;
20:41: ‘Mr. Bliss at least, admits to this jury’, the word ‘that’ is interposed and read between ‘admit’ and ‘to’;
22:07: ‘…and particularly as at the time when…’, ‘that’ is read instead of ‘the’;
22:43: ‘How did he find that out?’, ‘that’ is missing;
23:01: ‘Has it shrunk to this measure…’, ‘It has’ are read instead of ‘Has it’;
23:27: ‘,the proceeds of which were taken by Mr. Dorsey to Mr. Brady.’, “Mr.’ is missing;
24:06: ‘Mr. Dorsey stating to him that…’, ‘state’ is read instead of ‘stating’;
24:28: ‘Probably that part of the statement,’, the word ‘is’ is interposed and read between ‘that’ and ‘part’;
24:46: ‘But it is not in evidence here.’, ‘that’ is read instead of ‘it’;
24:49: ‘Now, we brought all the checks that we had given on Middleton’s bank,’, the word ‘been’ is interposed and read between ‘had’ and ‘given’;
25:07: ‘Among those checks was this one for…’, ‘the’ is read instead of ‘this’;
25:19: ‘I asked the gentlemen to pick out the checks;’, ‘up’ is read instead of ‘out’;
25:22: ‘;they did not do it.’, ‘would’ is read instead of ‘did’;
25:31: ‘,the Government could have produced the books…’, ‘would’ is read instead of ‘could’
29:59: ‘…dream that her husband’s safety depended on any book…’, ‘upon’ is read instead of ‘on’;
David:
Thank you for doing this careful scanning of my file.
I'll correct most of these discrepancies tomorrow, Wednesday. A few are not urgent.
You can PL my files ANY time. Great job!
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Ingersoll 29 with corrections.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_29_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 31:13

DavidReader's PL notes all fixed except stet the two at 24:46 and 29:59

Thank you, again, David.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

Now David, you download Bill's new file, spot check just the areas you cited, and if they are corrected, you come back with your PL OK. If not, you can cite some more, especially with Bill who has CC in his signature, which signifies that he welcomes Crits/Comments. (Crits doesn't mean criticism but constructive comments). :)
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Hi Bill,
All editions are perfectly made. However, I spotted two further minor discrepancies:
-8:48: 'He was in charge of the mail bills on that route', the word 'all' is inserted between 'of' and 'the', and
-22:25: 'And then he adds this piece of gratuitous information:', the word 'And' is missing