[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Jim. :)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil, when someone posts to this or any project, doesn't it automatically subscribe them to the topic? Or do they have to do something else, like hit "Subscribe Topic" at the top left? I never have to do that.

Oh, and if I bookmark a topic, where do I go to find my bookmarks?
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would like to learn about bookmarks.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote:I would like to learn about bookmarks.
Okay, Phil, you are off the hook about bookmarks. I just figured it out. Bill, you go User Control Panel at the top of the page. Then click Manage Bookmarks. All it does is provide a link to a project you've bookmarked, so you don't have hit Search The Catalog to find the projects you have forgotten to add to your "favorites" list in your browser. In fact, it lists all the projects you are (or have been) involved with in one easy place. DUH. So easy.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

williamjones wrote:I would like to learn about bookmarks.
Hi Everybody. Every time you post in a project, you should automatically be notified of any subsequent posts in that project by email. This can be turned off but it defaults to ON. Sometimes it does not work but that is not often.

Bookmarks are wonderful things that live int he cloud and allow us to keep track of any project we want, whether we post in it or not. To bookmark a project, look at the top of every page, you will see this "
Subscribe topic | Bookmark topic | Print view | E-mail friend

you can subscribe to a project or topic without posting; bookmark it, etc. by clicking on the link.

Ah, you say, but where ARE my bookmarks??!! To see all of them, go to User Control Panel (at the very top of the page), inside of this you will see Manage Bookmarks. Click on this and it will line up all your bookmarks and you can click on any of them. I use this to keep track of what I am BCing, MCing, reading, promised, etc. etc.

Oh dear ... I feel a video coming on!!! :roll:
EDIT: You answered before I co9uld Michele. good!
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil, you explained it all so much better! I bet you have this script stored someplace so you can just whip it out any time anyone asks. Well, that's what I am going to do myself, so thank you in advance for making me sound so smart at some time in the future. :D

That's the last time I pet a dragon, said Tom offhandedly. 8-)
Last edited by msfry on September 3rd, 2017, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote:Phil, you explained it all so much better! I bet you have this script stored someplace so you can just whip it out any time anyone asks. Well, that's what I am going to do myself, so thank you in advance for making me sound so smart at some time in the future. :D
Thank you for the compliment Michele but I practically live in my bookmarks, going through them from bottom to top several times a week to keep from missing too much so naturally I knmow about 'em. Our forums have such a lot of great stuff hidden all around in them that is mysterious to the new people. and the old people. :roll:
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Roger

Post by Roger »

-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
msfry

Post by msfry »

Roger, I was unable to successfully download your file to my computer. It kept saying "corrupted file". I was able to open it in a new window and listen to it, but it would stall for a few seconds here and there throughout. Would you please try uploading your file again and let me see if that improves the connection.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 03

Roger, I am citing errors that change meaning, some more significantly than others, thus I leave it to your discretion what to change.
8:15 and to-day the assessed property of the United States, I hear asserted
14:16 whoever bends to the public judgment, to is missing.
19:07 and there must not only be a conspiracy to defraud, only is missing
19:25 described with the same particularity that you describe the offence?, I hear peculiarity
24:51 I also cite the case of the State, I hear kate
31:28 it fixes the termini as Georgetown and Ipswich. I hear terminal (one end of route only)
33:20 Words, therefore, which describe the termini and the route, I hear terminal,same as above.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Hi Michele - As soon as I saw your post, I opened the file via the link in a new window, and it played fine for me.
Be that as it may, I have uploaded the file again, as you have requested. I hope you have no problems with it. I made no changes to the file, nor to any of my normal techniques.
Thanks.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Apparently either the second upload worked for you, or you figured out something was amiss?

Section 03 has been patched and re-uploaded. Hopefully I got everything.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_03_ingersoll_128kb.mp3

Thanks.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 3 is PL OK. Seamless edits. Thank you. :thumbs:

No, I had to listen to the file in a new window online. Even this revised file, I can't download to my computer. I tried 3 times and what I get is something weird -- after the file name it says 4iwm5kv.partial, or j737tin.partial, or pv9zv09.partial, each with a file size of 0 KB. No idea what is going on, but I just downloaded 5 files from two other projects with no problem. Until I figure this out, I will just PL your file(s) [HINT HINT :wink: ] online as necessary.

Interesting section, BTW. I loved Ingersoll's opening paragraphs where he advised the Jury as to what America stands for. Now that is a positive outlook, considering the country was just ravaged by the Civil War, horrendous political infighting, and rampant poverty!
Teddy

Post by Teddy »

Hi Michele,

Here is more work for you...Section 10 3.1 Second Star Route Trial, Opening Address, Part 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_10_ingersoll_128kb.mp3

Duration: 42:26
Size: 39.78

I have spotted a couple of, hopefully minor errors i.e., not significant, but I will leave it to 'Bat Ears Fry' to be the judge...!!!
Teddy

"Under all discouragements, he pursues his object, and yields to nothing but impossibilities." - Rights of Man, by Thomas Paine (1737 - 1809)
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thank you Teddy. BTW, I had no trouble downloading this file. Bat ears, eh? As I'm familiar with your standards of excellence, I wonder are you really asking for mercy, or for trouble!!!! :lol: