[COMPLETE] The Works Of Robert G. Ingersoll, Vol 10 - LEGAL -pc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

DavidReader wrote: February 13th, 2019, 9:39 pm Hi Bill,
All editions are perfectly made. However, I spotted two further minor discrepancies:
-8:48: 'He was in charge of the mail bills on that route', the word 'all' is inserted between 'of' and 'the', and
-22:25: 'And then he adds this piece of gratuitous information:', the word 'And' is missing
Thank you again, David.
However, I'm to let these two divergences stay as they are. The sense of the statements is not significantly altered.
But, I really do appreciate your attention to detail.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
DavidReader

Post by DavidReader »

Thanks Bill, then, section 29 is PL OK
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

DavidReader wrote: February 14th, 2019, 7:39 pm Thanks Bill, then, section 29 is PL OK
:thumbs:
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

So it's all left to me now, and I'm almost done . . . . . unless there is another holiday or Aquarian birthday or family emergency, I should be able to finish this up by tomorrow.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: February 14th, 2019, 9:33 pm So it's all left to me now, and I'm almost done . . . . . unless there is another holiday or Aquarian birthday or family emergency, I should be able to finish this up by tomorrow.
I still have to even out the audio discrepancies in 28
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: February 14th, 2019, 9:37 pm
msfry wrote: February 14th, 2019, 9:33 pm So it's all left to me now, and I'm almost done . . . . . unless there is another holiday or Aquarian birthday or family emergency, I should be able to finish this up by tomorrow.
I still have to even out the audio discrepancies in 28
And I'm not finished PL'ing it! I'll send my few little notes tomorrow.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 28

26:15 and that jacket shows, you say packet

There are lots of overdubs with a very different sound, much deeper voice. I didn't notate any of these because they are "understandable" but I am curious how it happened. Did you change locations? Microphones?

That happens to me a lot when editing in new material, even in the same room with the same mike. Perhaps time of day, barometric pressure, hot or cold beverages, temperature, mood - - who knows but it's a puzzlement I wish I could resolve. Sometimes fiddling with volume, bass, treble and pitch ON the overdub, even feathering in the text immediately BEFORE and AFTER, helps it match up better. Also, recording the whole phrase, in 3 different pitches, then pick out out what seems to mesh in best, works.

Just sharing some things I've learned along the way.

Now on the PL 30 and we will be done!
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 30

16:54 At page 1567, before Miner got here (in the courtroom), you say "there", but further on in the sentence you say "here". Could easily do a cut and paste of the word.
19:40 "with the government", volume drops considerably.
24:37 men who ought to be benefited, you say sought
27:21 that same subcontractor, you say contractor

A great summation of how the contractor/subcontractor thing works. I finally get it.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Ingersoll section 30 with noted corrections

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_30_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 31:31

Now, to work on 28.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded Ingersoll 28 with the one noted error and a few vain attempts to match/merge previous overdubs.

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/rgingersollvol10legal_28_ingersoll_128kb.mp3 38:52

There are still places where it is obvious that a word or phrase was overdubbed.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

28 and 30 are PL OK. Give me a few minutes to check over the summary and MW, Phil, and we will be ready to catalog!
msfry

Post by msfry »

I didn't see any place to add keywords, so a few to add would be:
Star Route trials, legal, courtroom drama, Ingersoll

As far as I can tell, with those added, everything is ready to go. So it's over to you, Mr. Phil.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Working on cataloging this. Some of the run times in the MW are way off compared to what shows up at Archive. Here are the two that concern me most:

27 - Archive says 28:04, MW says 31:44
28 - Archive says 38:52, MW says 35:22

Can you please double check these to make sure the Archive file is the correct one?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

TriciaG wrote: February 24th, 2019, 4:37 pm Working on cataloging this. Some of the run times in the MW are way off compared to what shows up at Archive. Here are the two that concern me most:

27 - Archive says 28:04, MW says 31:44
28 - Archive says 38:52, MW says 35:22

Can you please double check these to make sure the Archive file is the correct one?
By agreement with MsFry, the last 4 minutes of section 27 were removed and prepended to Section 28.
That seems to account for the discrepancies you've noticed.
Here is a snippet from a posting by MsFry:
I would like to append the last 4 minutes, from 27:48 through 31:35 (before adding in the missing text) to the beginning of Section 28. This forms a much more logical break in the text than where I originally put it. Either you can do this now or I can do it later with your permission.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Oh - so the files were changed but the run times in the MW weren't. Okay, that works. Thanks!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine