[COMPLETE] The Clue by Carolyn Wells

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thanks Bev. You're right, Holly is right on target with how I'd like this project to proceed, she's doing an excellent job.
I really should mark the MW with either 'word perfect' or at least 'special', and sometimes I do, but usually I forget.
After all, 'I yam what I yam'. :lol: (My favorite sig)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Hehehe ... sometimes it's easier to sucker snag *cough* recruit, yeah, that's the word I was looking for, a DPL with Standard proof-listening, then you can always clarify things afterwards.

(This forum really needs a strike-through feature. The usual BBCode [s] [/s] doesn't work. :( )
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Thanks, Bev, for clarifying the guidelines about pronunciation! And thanks, Roger, for your encouraging words! :D

OK, I checked everything, and it's all perfect! I'm impressed with your ability to fix things so seamlessly, Roger.

Sorry it took me so long to get around to listening to this one. I always think I'll have MORE time on the weekends. Heh, heh. What a laugh!

Excellent job all around! :clap: :clap: :clap: Chapter 7 PL OK.
Holly

"I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." ~Kasper Gutman
Roger

Post by Roger »

Not a problem at all Holly! As far as I'm concerned, any time within a week or two to PL a section is just fine with me. Sometimes it's more, as I know people have real lives.

Chapter 8 has been posted, ready for scrutiny at your leisure.

Thanks!! :D
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Welp, I scrutinized it, and I couldn't find anything worth mentioning, so Chapter 8 is PL OK! :clap:

Edit: What I mean is, worth mentioning other than it was excellent! You knew what I meant.
Holly

"I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk." ~Kasper Gutman
Roger

Post by Roger »

Thank you Holly. 8-)

Now you get to have a listen to chapter 9 at your convenience, which has now been posted.

I should have mentioned that on those occasions which may arise when a week or two (or more) has passed, it's quite possible that additional
sections may be posted. Please don't look upon that as pressure. Sometimes I go bonkers and record/edit rapidly, and other times quite the opposite. :roll:

Either way, just PL at your own pace. And I hope you're enjoying the story.
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Chapter 9 PL OK! :clap:

OK, good to know that there's no pressure. I don't like to leave things sitting around too long though, so I guess I have a little pressure on myself!

Good job, and I hope they take care of the body soon! :lol: Now I can't even remember if some nice person bothered to drape a sheet over it yet.
Holly

Roger

Post by Roger »

Being what I call a "recovering procrastinator", I try not to let things sit around too long either. :lol:
(Not always successful though, as I fall off the wagon occasionally.....)

Chapter 10 has now been posted.
HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Chapter 10 is PL OK and perfect too!

I couldn't find one single thing wrong, even though I tried! :D
Holly

Roger

Post by Roger »

Cool ! Your efforts are appreciated.

Chapter 11 has been posted now. A most interesting chapter, if I do say so myself. But of course, that's only my opinion.

Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 12 has also been posted. Interesting dialog, perhaps somewhat telling?

HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Ah, yes, NOW it's getting interesting! And now I'm caring less about the murder and more about who's going to fall in love with whom!

Chapter 11 is PL OK! :clap:

Notes on Chapter 12:

At 11:20 you pronounced the word BETOKENED "BETOKED."

At 18:24 you pronounced the word HABITABLE with the accent on the second syllable. I had never heard it pronounced that way, so I checked and could only find it pronounced with the accent on the first syllable. But if people pronounce it that way where you live, disregard this comment. I would never argue about a regionalism. :D

Otherwise it was all perfect!
Holly

Roger

Post by Roger »

Good catches! :thumbs:

I think I must have heard 'habitable' pronounced both ways over the years, but I'm certain your advice is the best.
Both errors in chapter 12 have been patched up, and the file has been re-uploaded, ready for a spot PL at your leisure.

HollyJenson

Post by HollyJenson »

Good job with the fixes! :D

Chapter 12 is PL OK!
Holly

Roger

Post by Roger »

So let's see what Cicely has to say about things. :?:

Chapter 13 has been posted.