Cheryls
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Can I ask here to DPL volume 70?
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cherylstewart wrote:Can I ask here to DPL volume 70?
Cheryls
Sure... will set it up when this is catalogued :thumbs:
DanMcAdam

Post by DanMcAdam »

cherylstewart wrote:Section 19 PL notes There is something funny at the very end - "because end I am a nucleus.." I couldn't tell if there was supposed to be more or the because was just an mistake. Also there is no trailing silence - please add 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Dan, the reading is very good. There were no problems or inconsistencies - only the little flub at the very end.
A very nice job :clap:
Cheryls
Thanks Cheryl! After looking at what happened I realized that I was using Studio One to record (I'm trying to use punch and roll recording, which Audacity doesn't support) and put the end tag in the wrong place. Also, it should be I am a nucleus and I said "I am an Amoeba" :oops: Anyways, I went back, rerecorded that and have it all set to upload except for 2 things: I'm not sure how I should upload it (same file name in the same place?) and also it's 1:02:33, which is just over the requested story time. Can we call that "close enough" or should I find a shorter story?
I welcome any constructive criticism!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DanMcAdam wrote:
cherylstewart wrote:Section 19 PL notes There is something funny at the very end - "because end I am a nucleus.." I couldn't tell if there was supposed to be more or the because was just an mistake. Also there is no trailing silence - please add 5 seconds of silence at the end.
Dan, the reading is very good. There were no problems or inconsistencies - only the little flub at the very end.
Cheryls
Thanks Cheryl! After looking at what happened I realized that I was using Studio One to record (I'm trying to use punch and roll recording, which Audacity doesn't support) and put the end tag in the wrong place. Also, it should be I am a nucleus and I said "I am an Amoeba" :oops: Anyways, I went back, rerecorded that and have it all set to upload except for 2 things: I'm not sure how I should upload it (same file name in the same place?) and also it's 1:02:33, which is just over the requested story time. Can we call that "close enough" or should I find a shorter story?
I 'll step in here... yes, use the same file name. It overwrites the original file (which is kept but renamed, until I delete it :lol: )
For 1:02, yes, that's OK. Strictly speaking, the limit is 72 minutes per file, but for the collections we say 60, because 'we' have found listeners get restless if they are longer.
DanMcAdam

Post by DanMcAdam »

Lynnet wrote:
DanMcAdam wrote:
Cheryls
I 'll step in here... yes, use the same file name. It overwrites the original file (which is kept but renamed, until I delete it :lol: )
For 1:02, yes, that's OK. Strictly speaking, the limit is 72 minutes per file, but for the collections we say 60, because 'we' have found listeners get restless if they are longer.
Sorry about all the confusion Lynet! Should be all set and ready to go, clocking in at 1:02:33
I welcome any constructive criticism!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DanMcAdam wrote: Sorry about all the confusion Lynet! Should be all set and ready to go, clocking in at 1:02:33
No problem. Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Volume 70 is open for business viewtopic.php?f=28&t=68067
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 20, "I am a Nucleus" PL OK
Funny :lol: A much better ending now.
Cheryls
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I am holed up in a hotel after the 2nd leg of our cross-country move. Will see how the internet works this evening.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/short-story-collection-vol-069-by-various/

Thank you everyone!