COMPLETE The Maid Of Sker by R. D. Blackmore - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

The Maid Of Sker by R. D. Blackmore (1825 - 1900).

This project is complete and all audiofiles can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/the-maid-of-sker-by-richard-doddridge-blackmore/
Who is Bardie? Her refined clothes show that she is not an ordinary girl. But why did she have to be saved from the sea by a fisherman? This story is through the eyes of the fisherman, who followed Bardie throughout her childhood and attempted to discover her roots. (Summary by Stav Nisser.)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://gutenberg.org/ebooks/46156
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of The Maid Of Sker . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "The Maid Of Sker , by R. D. Blackmore . [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of The Maid Of Sker , by R. D. Blackmore . "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      maidofsker_##_blackmore_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. maidofsker_01_blackmore_128kb.mp3)
    9. ID3 V2 tags
      Please ignore ID3 tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
    10. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: Rapunzelina
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hello Miss Stav!

Wow, this is a long book! It should be very interesting! I'll set it up and post again.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

OK! I've also signed myself up as the DPL if that's all right!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sounds wonderful. Thank you ever so much. I love working with you.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

So, we're almost ready for Readers Wanted! Do you perhaps have a list of word-counts for the chapters that I can add in the Magic Window? If not, I will see if I can prepare that, before moving forums.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I do not. The etext is not accessible, and there are no page numbers in the table of contents. Could you help?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Yes! I managed to add approximate word counts. And now we are ready for Readers Wanted!
jenno

Post by jenno »

Could I please claim sections 6 - 13 inclusive ?

As Miss Stav knows I will not be able to start recording until after 7th Septmeber.

Cheers

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Chapters 6-13 are all yours. Have a lot of fun. Look, when you claim you recieve two months. If you need more, just let me know.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

I can PL when you are ready.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How wonderful, thank you. Would you like to sign up as dpl?
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I had signed myself up as DPL at the beginning, third post in thread.

But if you made a different arrangement with HZFerr, I can step down.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

No no, do not step down. It is my mistake. I should have read the mw before replying. I am very sorry.
Stav.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

I am sorry for causing trouble.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How about you join us as a reader and take a few chapters, Helen?