[Complete]Some Haunted Houses of England and Wales - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jblankenship83

Post by jblankenship83 »

If no one else has claimed it, I'd like to read section 12.
Jesse Blankenship
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

jblankenship83 wrote:If no one else has claimed it, I'd like to read section 12.
It's all yours.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Chapter 4 is ready for PL.
dg73

Post by dg73 »

Here's section 2;

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/somehauntedhouses_02_odonnell_128kb.mp3
length: 20:42

A fun read so far!
Dan Gurzynski
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

dg73 wrote:Here's section 2;

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/somehauntedhouses_02_odonnell_128kb.mp3
length: 20:42

A fun read so far!
Thank you
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Chapter 2 is PL OK, thank you. Excellent read.

Chapter 4 is a great reading and no errors yet the distortion makes the listening very difficult and almost inaudible at times.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mzmolly65 wrote:
Chapter 4 is a great reading and no errors yet the distortion makes the listening very difficult and almost inaudible at times.
I blame the ghost :lol: Seriously, did you notice where there was distortion, so I can address it?
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Lynnet wrote:
mzmolly65 wrote:
I blame the ghost :lol: Seriously, did you notice where there was distortion, so I can address it?
The whole reading is distorted .. unless it was the ghost playing with my speakers!! I listened to 4 other recordings before this one and they were all fine. I'll give it another listen on my laptop when I get home and see how it sounds there.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mzmolly65 wrote:
Lynnet wrote:
mzmolly65 wrote:
The whole reading is distorted .. unless it was the ghost playing with my speakers!! I listened to 4 other recordings before this one and they were all fine. I'll give it another listen on my laptop when I get home and see how it sounds there.
I'll have a look at it and see what is going on. It was one of several recordings I did Friday, and none of the others seem to have had issues.
maredyo

Post by maredyo »

I would like to read section#14 Harley House. I would like to appear in the Librivox catalog as Don Nash. This is my first time. Please advise if I have corrections to address.

Thank you
Maredyo
jblankenship83

Post by jblankenship83 »

Jesse Blankenship
mzmolly65

Post by mzmolly65 »

Lynnet wrote:I'll have a look at it and see what is going on. It was one of several recordings I did Friday, and none of the others seem to have had issues.
FWIW, I listened to it again on my laptop (rather than my work computer) and with a couple of different pairs of earphones. I hear the distortion on all of them.

Did you do any noise reduction or amplify reduction on this? I know when I over corrected in the past I ended up with a similar distortion .. just wondering if that might be the culprit.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

maredyo wrote:I would like to read section#14 Harley House. I would like to appear in the Librivox catalog as Don Nash. This is my first time. Please advise if I have corrections to address.

Thank you
Maredyo
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run. Please be sure to complete this within 7 days.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you and we can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

mzmolly65 wrote:
Lynnet wrote:I'll have a look at it and see what is going on. It was one of several recordings I did Friday, and none of the others seem to have had issues.
FWIW, I listened to it again on my laptop (rather than my work computer) and with a couple of different pairs of earphones. I hear the distortion on all of them.

Did you do any noise reduction or amplify reduction on this? I know when I over corrected in the past I ended up with a similar distortion .. just wondering if that might be the culprit.
I think you're right -- I had to amplify quite a bit. I listened to it and can hear what you are talking about, although I wouldn't have thought it too bad (I didn't listen to the whole file). Hoping to get a chance to tweak it today and hopefully salvage something out of it.