[COMPLETE] The Winter's Tale by William Shakespeare - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:Tomas, I just noticed you need to correct your narrator instructions ;)
Whoops, thanks for catching that!

Craig, we settled on 'Her-my-oh-nee' (Sonia sent you an email, I think), so that's what we'll go with. :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks Craig, both Narrator 1.1. and Polixenes PL ok now

beautifully edited

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

a beer well-deserved !!!

The second lady is soooooooo delicious. The little prim chuckles you put in front of your speeches are so sweet. Monty Python could not have done it better :thumbs:

I also love your bumbling older Antigonus-voice. He sounds like a good character. No errors in either file, PL ok

however I have some more notes for the Narrator (sorry :? )

first I forgot to tell you we also need a voice credit for the narrator. I think last time I said "Stage directions, read by..."

which reminds me, we need a section for the Dramatis Personae !!! Tomas you forgot that section. (edit: oops I just found it at section 16, however I think it would be better right in front as 0)

David: could we have a Section 0 for this please ?

I think it would be a good idea to do it in a separate file again. I'll insert it. So you would have to read those as well. (they are right before Act 1) Or we could make sure, each of us does the correct credit, then Craig would only have to speak the disclaimer around it. For example, Tony would say "LEONTES, King of Sicilia" instead of only "Leontes, read by Tony Addison", and Craig inserting "king of Sicilia" in his voice. It's as you wish.

well for Narrator 2.1., the notes:

> at 0:01: for each Act you need to read the full disclaimer, so here: "Act 2 of The Winter's Tale, by William Shakespeare. This is a Librivox recording. All Librivox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit Librivox dot org.
Act 2 Scene 1 Sicilia....etc"

> at 0:09: Hermione - sorry for being a bother but I think we agreed on "My" not "Mee" :?

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

I think I need to hear the way we want Hermione pronounced, can we sort out a link to a yourtube maybe or share a file?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:I think I need to hear the way we want Hermione pronounced, can we sort out a link to a yourtube maybe or share a file?
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/hermione-name.mp3

Tomas, Tony, I hope I spoke it the way you wanted it :lol:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Kitty wrote:
Craigos wrote:I think I need to hear the way we want Hermione pronounced, can we sort out a link to a yourtube maybe or share a file?
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/hermione-name.mp3

Tomas, Tony, I hope I spoke it the way you wanted it :lol:

Sonia
Yes, that's precisely what I meant. Great work, Sonia! :)
Tomas Peter
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Got it. A bit Harry Potterish.
I'll record again tomorrow.
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

In the Harry Potter movies they pronounced it as "Her - my- knee".
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yes thank you :thumbs: both scenes now PL ok, including Hermione. I'm sure you will now want to call you next pet (dog ?) by this name :mrgreen:

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_narrator_2_2.mp3 0:38
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_keeper_2_2.mp3 0:49

Hoorah a whole scene without that annoying Her-MY-ony or whatever her name is. :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Craigos wrote:https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_narrator_2_2.mp3 0:38
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/winterstale_keeper_2_2.mp3 0:49

Hoorah a whole scene without that annoying Her-MY-ony or whatever her name is. :D
LOL lucky you.

Guys, for the record: Craig now said Paul-ee-na, not Paul-eye-na. I am totally ok with that, since anyway it's the more normal pronunciation. Could we all agree on this ?

I loved the voice of the keeper. For once a keeper of gaol is not a straight-out disgusting person. Nice touch.

I will mark both PL ok, but you could remember for next Narration, you can leave out "Act Number" at the beginning. Since we are pasting all the scenes of one act together in one file, we need to say the number of the act only once at the beginning, so in Scene 1, with the full disclaimer, then in Scenes 2, 3, 4 we don't need to say it anymore

No need to reupload this now, we simply cut it out when we assemble the scenes.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LOL well you did not really talk to yourself, there was always someone else in between your speeches. But true, it's a big feat to be making three different voices in the same act. You did awesomely well though and no errors found.

All of them PL ok

You will be finished before we even start with the first Scene LOL But I would like to get my Dandy Dick role out of the way before I start in here. I hope I can record the final act tonight.

Sonia